Travel/Tickets: USA vs Mexico in Columbus 9/10/2013

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Mar 21, 2013.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

I want to get tickets too so I am a bit anxious about when they go on sale... ...but...
    ...looking at it from a different perspective, the longer the Fed waits the more difficult it is for travelling Mexican fans to make plans as well. That can help us out in the long run.
    :D

TonyClarkDOOP repped this.
  2. anomalyk

anomalyk New Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Sounds like AO is going to be selling tickets soon.

Also if anybody has questions about Columbus, feel free to ask. I live less than half a mile away from the stadium. The area directly around the stadium itself doesn't have much going on, so staying downtown or in the Arena District or Short North would be more fun if you're wanting to do things before/after the game. The stadium is directly off of the highway, so unless you stay way out in the suburbs it won't be a big deal to get to the stadium itself.

3. Joepatch

Joepatch Member

Sep 18, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    So do we think AO will have tickets for members, and for non members for like $5 more, or will I have to join to even buy tickets?

Any word on tickets through Sams Army / need membership there to buy tickets? - are the sections for SA and AO near each other - like around sections 139-142?

4. CaptainTrips

CaptainTrips Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Ashland, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the Nordecke groups getting any tickets to sell, or is the AO the only outlet?

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have to be an AO member to buy tickets.

6. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    does it have to go through paypal, or can one do a standard credit card transaction?

7. Jake Slag

Jake Slag New Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Tickets on sale here soon they said. 4 per member.

8. Vahldoh

Vahldoh Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was checking the sale dates for the last US/Mex qualifier in Columbus. Tickets went on sale to the public Jan 28 for a Feb 11 game. That's only two weeks in advance, so it wouldn't surprise me if they wait until after the Gold Cup. I have no idea how far in advance supporter members usually get tickets.

I just signed up for AO last week. Are tickets sales through them limited to only the supporter sections behind the goals?

9. phillyfan593

phillyfan593 Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Will they tell you ticket prices before they go on sale???, so you have an idea how much tickets cost??

10. CaptainTrips

CaptainTrips Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Ashland, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never been to a USMNT match in Columbus, but when I went to the friendly vs Belgium last month in Cleveland, it was insanely easy to get into the AO section. My ticket was on the other end of the stadium (bought on ticketmaster the day before) and I just walked right into the AO group.

So I wouldn't worry too much about "supporter's section" seats.

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A friendly in Cleveland vs a Mexico qualifier in Columbus are not remotely the same thing.

wixson7 and Hamburgler03 repped this.
  12. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Yes, AO tix sales are only for tix in the AO setion which is behind one of the goals.

13. alexspepa

alexspepa Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Pook - I'm pretty sure you have to use paypal.

14. alexspepa

alexspepa Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets are limited to the supporters section - the whole idea behind AO is to have whole sections of fans standing and chanting and singing the entire game. If you don't want to do that, you should probably not get your tickets through AO.

15. alexspepa

alexspepa Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is part of the message AO sent out to all its members yesterday:
    Everyone,
    We will soon be selling Supporter Section tickets for the upcoming Mexico match in Columbus. Please watch your email/twitter/facebook for when they go on sale.

There will be a limit of 4 tickets per member.

Watch our events page for all the AO events.

XOXO,
    AO

PS... Above is all we know at this point. Please don't overload us with questions; when we know, you will know.

16. Mark Friedman

Mark Friedman New Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    North York

Should I be nervous I did not receive any email from AO? I really want to make sure I get tickets!

17. alexspepa

alexspepa Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would try to contact them -I got two emails from them yesterday, and one today - everyone should have gotten all three.

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you get the code email?

19. blueisthecolor

Jul 21, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just signed up today and recieved my code. I am a nervous wreck that I wont get tickets. It is becoming a bit of an obsession for me to check emails and website constantly for these tix!

Hoping that AO and USSF help me out and release these tickets soon!

20. blueisthecolor

Jul 21, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I got a AO member code but it wasnt in an email it was just printable after my registration. Is there going to be a code tha tI need further down the road?

21. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's also try to be really careful about what is discussed on here.

[​IMG]

THOMA GOL, foozer and Real Corona repped this.
  22. Vahldoh

Vahldoh Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got the same thing when I signed up, but also an email with the same code a little later.

I did not get an email about the tickets going on sell. I did get my code for July today. How does the purchasing process work with AO? Is the code the only thing required for purchasing tickets?

Thanks for answering these questions for all us nervous wrecks.

23. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't believe there is a ticket code yet, just the monthly code.

24. alexspepa

alexspepa Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AO will send out an email when the tickets are ready for purchase - they may send out an email prior alerting us when they will be available - but maybe not.

You will go to the link provided - enter the appropriate monthly code and then use paypal to complete the transaction. You should be good to go with paypal as that is how they charge you when you join, and how they renew you each year.

It would be a good idea to have a friend or relative also be on the look-out for notification. Worse case scenario you end up both buying tickets which will be no problem to unload.

they will almost certainly sell out their allotment in a few hours or less...the Outlaws have sold three charter planeloads of packages to Brazil if I am not mistaken, so Mexico in Columbus will go very quickly.

Be sure and bring your AO shirt and bandana to the game!

25. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Tix went onsale an hour ago and already sold out. I got 8 from AO, now whole stadium is completely sold out.

Joking.