Travel/Tickets: USA versus Spain, Foxborough, 6/4/2011

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by thethinwhiteduke, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Pinowski AP

Pinowski AP Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets to the game and beer festival...bought. Just waiting for the AO Boston bus to Gilette.

We'll be wearing our AO scarves and free beer movement shirts at the beer festival...Join us...Lets travel in a massive, pro USA pack. We'll go straight from the festival to the night-before party.

2. BatigoL5

BatigoL5 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those of you from the area, I'm going to the game with my family.
    Looking for a hotel near the stadium.
    I found the Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel and am wondering
    is this is a good place to stay.

From the map it looks like its close to the hotel which is what I want, but is it to close?

Is this a good or nice hotel? Don't want to stay in a bad hotel either, not with my family.

Thanks

3. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel is nice hotel and is part of the Patriot Place complex. The centerpiece of the Patriot Place complex is Gillette Stadium so it is extremely close. You can walk to the game and back to your hotel. Hell, you won't even need to rent a car if you want as Patriot Place is not much more than a glorified outdoor mall attached to a stadium and movie theater. The Downside is Patriot Place is in the middle of nowhere.

You might be better off staying in Boston as there is much more to do there. Foxboro is about a 45 minute ride outside Boston. We're running buses from Boston for the game and should have info up soon. AO is still negotiating with Boston hotels for a deal.

4. BatigoL5

BatigoL5 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks so much for the quick reply!

I hear you, if I was going with a group of guys, I would most definitely stay in Boston where most of you guys are staying. I was there with you guys in Sandy Utah so I know what fun is.

Like I said though, I'm bringing my family (4 & 5 yr olds) so the closer the hotel the better it is for me.

Thanks again for your help.

5. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I misread the family party. Yeah, you'll probably be better off out there if ya got little kids.

6. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game seems too good to pass up ( even with the Gold Cup final out here a few weeks later ), so it looks like we may have a group out for this one.

The brew festival just adds to it.

7. Patik

Patik Member

Apr 22, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is it worth joining the USSF supporters club for the purpose of buying tickets at this point? I just want good seats, though I wonder if many are left. I would want to be near the Spain supporters section, but my top priority is being close to the pitch.

If I wait until the general sale on a couple days will anything be left?

8. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want to be near the Spain Supporters Section (is this even going to exist at Gillette?) then the USSF supporters club probably isn't for you.

9. Patik

Patik Member

Apr 22, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't see why not, there always seems to be a large opposition section, no matter what country it is or where they're playing in the US.

Thanks, that saves me $55 (which sort of makes up for the criminal $40 parking!).

10. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets
    Tickets don’t go on sale to the general public until next Wednesday, April 20 but since you’re special you can order them now through AO National. Members can purchase tickets in the supporters section, behind the goal, at $52 and non-members can purchase them at $57. It’s in your best interest to buy these tickets sooner rather than later as this game is expected to sell out. We will not have last minute extras for people. Buy your tickets now.

Parking
    We’ve secured a private lot across from Gillette Stadium at this game. Many options were bandied about but we decided this was the best one. There are many benefits to going with this private lot, most notably a four hour tailgate before the game-more on that later. We’ve also locked in a discounted parking rate of $30 at this lot. We’ve checked with other lots around Gillette and all will be $40 or more. We will be sending a parking pass out to members and those who bought tickets. You won't need the pass to park in our lot but you will need it to get the discount. Please don’t abuse this pass and send it to all your friends, it’s one of the benefits you get for being a member. All USA fans are welcome to the tailgate and our lot. Please contact Garrett for any questions on this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tailgate
    AO is putting on a great tailgate for this event and we’re looking for people to help make it even better. This Monday at 6:30pm there will be a planning meeting for the tailgate with the other AO New England chapters at Bar Louie at Patriot Place. If you want to help out at the tailgate or have some cool ideas please email Julie or, better yet, attend this meeting.

Buses
    We’re working on running buses to this game from our bars in Boston. The deal isn’t set in stone but we’re working on it and should have it very soon for you guys. If you have questions please email us.

Night Before
    The night before party on Friday, June 3 will beat the Banshee in Dorchester, easily accessible via the JFK/UMASS stop on the Red Line. The American Craft Beer Fest is taking place that night too at the Seaport World Trade Center from 6-9:30pm We’re not officially doing anything with that event but if you’re interested in hitting that up before going to the Banshee go for it. For questions please email Chris.

XOXO,
    AO Boston

11. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    40 bucks? Yikes? I rather get gang raped by a gaggle of silverback gorillas.

12. Pinowski AP

Pinowski AP Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for everything, AO Boston. :) Can't wait to hear about the buses

13. ToysForBots

ToysForBots New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sweet! I'm glad that the buses are there.

I also heard that AO is still working on getting hotel deals in Boston. Are these most likely going to be close by to the Banshee, so that transportation is easier? Just curious, since I know nothing's set in stone yet.

14. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey that's the way it is in Foxboro man.

15. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man thats like unheard of. There has to be a way that Pats fans get around it. It's only 25 bucks at the Meadowlands for the Jets and Giants.

16. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    []Providence Info

Night Before Party:
    Spats Restaurant & Bar
    182 Angell St.
    Providence, RI 02906

AO Providence is running buses from Spats the next day and they should be leaving 11-11:30. Cost/Plans are not 100% finalized.

All buses should be able to park at the AO tailgate across from Gillette Stadium. Please contact me if your chapter or group is running a bus to the game so I can get you the parking discount.

17. bmurphyfl

bmurphyfl Member

Jun 10, 2000
    VT
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How Do You Buy a Group Block of Tickets for US-Spain?

The owner of our local soccer bar has decided to put together a bus trip for the US-Spain match. However, he said he tried calling the Revs and US Soccer and they both referred him to TicketMaster.

Does anyone know how he'd go about ordering a block of about 25 tickets for the match? Who should he call?

Thanks.

18. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is AO Providence running this only for their chapter members? Providence is on the way for me so I might be able to either get off 95 there or even just take the train from Trenton to Providence. I'll stay tuned for updates.

19. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naw dude, everybody is welcome. Contact Kyle for more info.

Some people might be better off going from Providence, or, hell, event Hartford. Don't be shy. Check out your itinerary and see what works best for you.

20. Pinowski AP

Pinowski AP Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup, planes trains and automobiles.

Our bus will pick you up in New Haven or Hartford, and my only criteria is that you support US Soccer

I know we have a couple Minneapolis outlaws landing in Hartford and joining our bus in Hartford

22. BatigoL5

BatigoL5 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry if this has been addressed but what section is AO located?
    I'm in 126 and I'm wondering if I'll be next to you guys.

Thanks

23. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: How Do You Buy a Group Block of Tickets for US-Spain?

I'd buy from the American Outlaws. Unless you don't want supporters seats.

24. m4mento7

m4mento7 Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    2 questions here... theres gonna be 3 of us coming from Philly area, any chapters running bus trips that would make sense for us to hop in on? Or just drive ourselves? Also where are people staying the night before if heading there early?

Thanks!

25. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    143, 142, and 141

You can drive yourself if you want. Most are staying in the Bosfon area while some are staying in Providence. Hotels are not set. I do not recommend staying in Foxboro as it sucks and is in the middle of nowhere.
    Boston, Hartford, Providence, NYC, and DC are running buses.