Travel/Tickets: USA versus Dudley Do-Right in Toronto 6/3/2012

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Real Corona, Feb 1, 2012.

1. DestroyerDaMarc

Dec 8, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going in without a doubt, so pumped for this. Time to fly America!

2. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Living in Toronto, I picked up a ticket just to the side of the US bench in row 1, section 121 yesterday at the BMO box office.

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I wonder how many usa tickets have been sold so far.

4. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Driving up from DC for this one! Meeting some AO Detroiters in the T-Dot on Saturday, so we'll be around for the festivities!

5. OlympiquedeMarseille

Apr 18, 2012
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Canada versus USA in Toronto on June 3rd 2012

I may be mistaken as I have only been to BMO Field once but according to the stadium map posted at the Ticketmaster link below section 121 seems to me to be on the "Home" bench side. Just by looking at the map it would seem to me that if you want to be near the US bench you should buy in North part of section 123 or the South part of section 124. Perhaps a regular TFC supporter could clarify if this map is accurate.

Just to be clear, the tickets he just bought are not "USA" tickets because they are not in the Away supporters section.

To buy general admission tickets go here I guess:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/1000486DEFF2AAAD

To buy tickets in the US section it may be helpful if someone could clarify because this link:
    http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-N...s-Section-for-USMNT-Match-Against-Canada.aspx

...tells you to go to the Ticketmaster page, yet I see no place to enter the "USA" password to access tickets in sections 131-132-133-134 (the Away supporters section). I'm Canadian so this does not personally concern me; just trying to be helpful.

6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Canada versus USA in Toronto on June 3rd 2012

:) heh

7. OlympiquedeMarseille

Apr 18, 2012
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Re: Canada versus USA in Toronto on June 3rd 2012

It seems you can select the visitors(away) section without the password when ordering from ticketmaster; either way you shouldn't have any problems with ticket orders.

8. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In international soccer, it is the reverse, Canada uses the north bench as opposed to TFC who use the South one in MLS play.

I simply bought my ticket at the BMO Field box office. The official USA supporters section is the north end grandstand.

USA supporter tickets are $30 while those for their Canadian counterparts are $20 .

9. OlympiquedeMarseille

Apr 18, 2012
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Didn't know that; I've only been to one team Canada game and no Toronto FC games. I'm not a TFC supporter(or even from Toronto). I guess I wasn't paying attention to the benches; too busy watching the action on the pitch and having a party in the south side stands!

10. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many supporters are we expecting to make their way up for the game in Toronto?

11. keem-o-sabi

keem-o-sabi Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got my ticket! I'm flying in Saturday night, can't wait.

12. mifyanks

mifyanks New Member

Jun 1, 2012