Transport at Euro 2016

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Timanfaya, Sep 8, 2015.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well it's academic now but between TF1 and M6, both normal TV. there were at least two matches shown every day.

PS just looked it up, Wales-Norn Iron will be on TF1.

2. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe M6 had the 9 pm games. I didn't check for those as I was out.

It was a comment made by a lot of people, that they were in their hotel thinking they'd stay in and watch a game, only to find it wasn't on.

3. hiragii

hiragii Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Any place next to Lille's stadium to watch the France match?

I saw there is a shopping centre nearby so I'm guessing they'll show it

4. hiragii

hiragii Member

Dec 18, 2013
    They showed the France match within the Lille stadium, so it was ok after all.

5. lucern

lucern Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Club:
    FC Luzern
    Quick question, what is the best and affordable way to easily travel from Nice airport to Marseille? Thanks!

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i was afraid i was going to have to say there is no convenient way, since Nice is famous in France for having no public transport, but i found there's a bus that goes by the airport and takes you to downtown marseilles in more or less 3 hours

http://www.nice.aeroport.fr/var/anc...lication/5a1eea5db75aa9568959ab9df76ef3da.pdf

single 32.40€
    return 51.80€

7. jackjody4ever

jackjody4ever New Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Is the walk from shuttle closer than metro? We are going with my aunt who has a cane.

8. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Far closer. From Gate C you are looking at maybe 50 metres, if that. It's really just over the road from that end of the stadium.

9. jackjody4ever

jackjody4ever New Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thanks Lille worked out well very organized! Anyone know about the taxi service to Stade de France? We went to an earlier game and the metro was crazy.

10. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've not been there for a world cup game, but I went to the French League Cup Final there in May. I went using the RER B line, which puts you 300 metres from the stadium. It wasn't crowded at all going there on that line, although it might be better to use the St Michel-Notre Dame stop than the larger Chatelet - Les Halles stop, as (as I've said before) that's station is such a labyrinth you expect to see a minotaur coming round the corner.

There are various food outlets on the east side of the stadium, if you fancy getting there a bit early.

The area around the St Michel-Notre Dame stop is also very good for a pre-match meal. Plenty of choice round there in a very nice part of the city.

There were big queues to get back though.

11. Straight_drive2

Nov 14, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Thanks mate!

As it turned out, we had to stop by at the Lille stadium to pick up tickets and on speaking with the security, they recommended smaller bags, just in case some security folks insist on the dimensions mentioned in the conditions.

Strangely in Lens, the stewards seemed to be on a mission to remove all flags, that were not Croatian or Portuguese. Also, no official match scarf were available; also at Lille.

Transportation was fabulous. Space on the 1 AM train was plentiful and upon arrival in Lille, we were informed that taxi is the only way to get back to the hotel. However, a bus with Stade Mauroy displayed on a bus caught my eye. The amazing Lille authorities were running buses instead of the Metro!!

Besides the locals were very helpful. Loved it.
    Hope to go back for the finals...