Transfers for 2015/2016

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by el americano, May 28, 2015.

1. Potato Head

Potato Head Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    So €13 million? What a terrible deal. At least we were nice enough to let them pay their ridiculously low transfer fee in installments.

In happier news, I'd happily take Ginter or Koulibaly. Both very promising young defenders.

Winoman repped this.
  2. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    €13 million? Yeah, that is disappointing after hearing rumors of €18 million. And on an installment plan? Yeesh. Maybe they're charging check-cashing store interest rates to bring that back up to €18 million. :D

3. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I think it's pretty commonplace to have these kinds of installments, even for outright transfers and I would be surprised is Stuttgart wouldn't get a percentage in case of a resale.

But even so, 13 million was always a good price. The 18 million were an inflated price tag due to the rich Premier League. And frankly, if a player desperately wants to leave, it's always better to make a deal if the opportunity is there. So while I would have loved to keep Rüdiger long term, his heart was obviously never in Stuttgart, that's why I think this was a good move for all parties involved.

Winoman repped this.
  4. Potato Head

Potato Head Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    What's the point of being quiet about forcing a transfer if you're just going to sell for a cut rate anyway? I was always resigned to him leaving, but he didn't make a peep about wanting to go and all signs pointed towards playing time being what he wanted most so there was really no incentive to sell for less than his market value, as inflated as that rate might be.

5. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Well, we don't know what went on behind the curtain, but given that he was in contact with half of Europe's football clubs and judging from what was said by club officials, it seems as if he desperately wanted to leave. 18 million would have been great, but that was Chelsea and they apparently lost interest, possibly because of his knee operation. Nobody else was going to pay that. I think the 13 million pretty much reflect his market value, it may even be a bit more. Before this 18 million figure popped up, I would have expected him to leave for 10, maybe 12 million. So yeah, 13 sounds a bit disappointing now, but I think overall it's a fair price.

Winoman repped this.
  6. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Greetings Stuttgart fans! I was wondering what are the latest rumors about Ibisevic's departure from VfB. A lot of talk of a UAE club being concrete but it could be media speculation.

7. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I haven't heard anything about that, but it would be great if a deal could be reached.

I've only heard lots of rumors regarding a central defender. Additionally to those mentioned, the Hertha defenders have been named as well as some defenders from the Russian league who would be more likely winter signings.

8. gmonsoon43

gmonsoon43 Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which defenders from Hertha?

Just curious if Brooks was mentioned as it would be great to watch a US player while watching VfB.

Winoman repped this.
  9. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Both Brooks and Langkamp were mentioned, I'd be surprised if Hertha let either of them go though.

On the flip side, another rumor turned hot today: 26 year old Bosnian defender Toni Sunjic is apparently on his way in. All major Stuttgart newspapers report today that he is the main target now. And he even posted a picture on his Facebook site of today's Bild Zeitung with himself on the cover, saying that Stuttgart wants him...the kicker: the newspaper is only available in the Stuttgart region. So either he or his management must be there.

Winoman repped this.
  10. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Just for completeness sake: Sunjic is one of the guys playing in Russia, in his case for Kuban Krasnador. The other rumored players are Douglas from Dinamo Moscow, Salvatore Bocchetti from Spartak Moscow and also new, Bram Nuytinck from RSC Anderlecht in Belgium. But again, circumstantial evidence indicates that Sunjic is the main focus at this point.

Winoman repped this.
  11. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Good to see our defense taking shape.

In more troubling news, reports say that Kostic approached the club, asking them to let him go, presumably Schalke is interested who themselves look at Draxler wanting to leave.

I can't see Stuttgart selling Kostic at this point, he's too important. But either way it's not a good story. We need him and we need him to be focused on Stuttgart.

Potato Head and Winoman repped this.
  12. gmonsoon43

gmonsoon43 Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  13. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Yeah, good for the team that the Ibisevic situation has been resolved after all.
    Can't say much about Kruse TBH other than that I bought him when playing a manager career in FIFA13 back in the day. If I remember correctly, he was a decent player there and instrumental in my move to the top with 1860 until Stuttgart offered me a contract ;)

Winoman repped this.
  14. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gmonsoon43 repped this.
  15. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most gifted attacker in Japan. He clearly has the talent to contribute immediately with the caveat that his form is rather mercurial and his defensive workrate is subpar...but Usami's quality on the ball is remarkable. Maybe not an ideal fit for a relegation-threatened team.

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Artem Kravets is expected to join on loan this Rückrunde from Dynamo Kiev to provide additional striker depth. His medical is scheduled for Monday with the signing to be announced afterwards. Ginczek's injury and recovery time is going to be longer than originally planned, as he won't be ready to participate in winter training camp.

Apparently, Kevin Grosskreutz has become a major topic of transfer as well. This one flew under the radar quite a bit and only emerged these last few days. This move also looks close to being complete now.

el americano and Winoman repped this.
  19. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    el americano repped this.
  20. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and this just in from Yanks Abroad Academy:

Arch Bell ‏@ArchBell 13h13 hours ago
    Interesting move. USYNTer @Sojoel1 leaves Boca Juniors for Europe. Says he has joined German club Stuttgart.

I don't know how reliable Arch Bell is (ESPNFC.com), but it's an interesting move, if it happens.

Epitome990 repped this.
  22. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville

Archie Bell and the Drells

Winoman repped this.
  23. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United