transfers: facts and rumours

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by tomo, Nov 22, 2004.

1. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Mm, in the beginning I wasn't convinced, but lately he has played some good matches. Biggest minus, however, is his contract, which is way too big for a player of his calibre.

-------------

*The interesting transfer news comes from Westerlo nowadays. They're on the verge of signing Jan Wuytens from PSV. The guy is a central defender and I saw him play at the U19 EC last year. He's a great player and would be a great acquisition for Westel.
    Another possible signing comes from Feyenoord, who might put a 17-year old Bulgarian on loan. Anyone knows who this is?

2. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    heard that dindane is headed to the premiership before the close of this window...

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

3. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    [/QUOTE]

Lets hope not to west brom.

4. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    [/QUOTE]

BTW, that's an old picture. The kit has changed and the player tackling is Bernd Thijs, who plays for Borussia Mönchengladbach nowadays. This picture must be from Dindane's glory days at Anderlecht.

5. essie_majedi

essie_majedi New Member

Jan 21, 2005
    So. Cal
    atleast he'll get first team footy at west brom. hey they beat man city 2 nill 2day

6. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    *Anderlecht is testing 20-year old Argentinian AM Diego Guastavino.

*Bergen (Mons) is interested in Portuguese Abel Xavier.

*Fiorentina is interested in Bosko Balaban.

*Bjorn De Wilde from Lierse to KV Oostende.

*All kinds of interest for Benjamin De Ceulaer from St Truiden (St Trond): Genk, Feyenoord, RKC, NAC, Groningen, PSV, Stuttgart and Valencia.

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Xavier is an awful player. Bad everywhere he's been since 2002.
    ====
    Balaban - interesting.
    ===
    Tell me about De Ceulaer if you don't mind.

8. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    I know he was in Genk's youth system for four years but they let him go because he was too small. Before he went to Genk he was also in the Anderlecht youth system for two years.
    Anyway, he's a small player, but fast as lightning. He shoots from all angles and can serve as the only striker in a counter team. His technique is more than average and he is the next big thing in Belgian football. In the beginning of the season he didn't get much playing time from new coach Marc Wilmots 'cause he had brought in lots of new players.
    Now he is Wilmot's first striker. He played terrific in the matches against Anderlecht and Standard.

Name; Benjamin De Ceulaer
    Position: striker
    date of birth: 19/12/83
    Contract expires in:2006
    Height: 1.74m
    weight: 67kg
    Former clubs: 1990Eendracht Termien, 1992Sporting Hasselt, 1993Anderlecht, 1995RC Genk, 1999Kermt Hasselt, 2002St Truiden

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sort of like Buffel?

10. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Mm, I would say their playing style is different. Benji De Ceulaer can really play as the sole striker of a team, Buffel rather is the connection between midfield and striker(s) or a second striker.

11. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Anderlecht, Genk and Gent are interested in my team's star Marius Mitu.

A major loss for Lierse, but a good thing for the team who signs him. This guy is a real class player.

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice. I'll have to check him out on Football Manager ;)

13. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    Has already posted on the FC Brugge thread:
    Metz signed Govzdenovic (D) until the rest of the season (on loan).

14. Gaucho95

Gaucho95 Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Oakland, Ca
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gauchos in Belgium

Has anyone heard anything about Tony Lochhead or Drew McAthy? They are working out for Belgium First Division team(s).

Lochhead is a full Kiwi international, an NCAA All-American and was drafted in the 3rd round of the MLS draft.

McAthy was selcted first player in the newly named USSL draft (formerly the A-league). McAthy was named the Best Offensive Player of this year's College Cup where UCSB lost to Indiana in PK's.

15. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Re: Gauchos in Belgium

What teams are they in?
    And what's a Kiwi international?

16. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Re: Gauchos in Belgium

Kiwi = New Zealander

17. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Thx,
    That was my first guess...

-AA Gent offered a contract to Club Brugges Norwegian striker Rune Lange. He is contract free and was offered a 4 year deal. Brugge offered him a one or two year deal. He has been a very useful player for Brugge but he has a lot of trouble with his back (multiple injuries).

-Southampton wants Mbo Mpenza. Anderlecht confirmed that a transfer is out of the question.

-Croatian defender Ivan Dudic signed for Mons.

-18 year old German youth international Sergio Peter from Blackburn Rovers goes to Cercle Brugge on loan for the rest of the season.

-Brazilian Carlos Alberto Fereira signed for GBA. Fabio Rositto is leaving the club and returns to Venezia.

-St-Truiden's hot prospect Benjamin De Ceulaer has reached a personal agreement with three clubs: NAC Breda, RC Genk and another (unknown) Belgian team. He has asked the clubs for a month to make up his mind.

18. Gaucho95

Gaucho95 Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Oakland, Ca
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sorry, both Lochhead and McAthy played for UCSB this past year and are trying to hook up with professional clubs. Both are (or were recently in) in Belgium for try-outs.

I was just checking to see if anyone has heard anything.

Thanks!

19. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    I guess they have been testing at Antwerp (who test everyone who wants to) and other second division clubs.

20. Mancityfan81

Mancityfan81 New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    New York
    any links to Jupiler liga transfer news in English?

21. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    I don't know any but try the website of the national federation www.footbel.com you have links to clubs and some are in English.
    Maybe Tomo will provide you the link you're looking for ;)

22. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
  23. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    I found an overview of all the transfers on another forum. Credits go to dkay from the belgiumsoccer forum.

ANDERLECHT
    IN: Christophe Grégoire (Moeskroen)
    UIT: Gabriel Ngalula Mbuyi Junior (Bergen)

BERGEN
    IN: Cederic Berthelin (Crystal Palace), Ivan Dudic (RAD Belgrado), Dennis Souza Guedes (Standard), Miguel Ibarra (River Plate), Gabriel Ngalula Mbuyi Junior (Anderlecht), Jean-Pierre La Placa (RS Waasland), Ivan Milas (Zrinski Mostar), Jérémie Njock (Universtatae Craiova), Marc Schaessens (Moeskroen), Yannick Vervalle (La Louvière), Rodrigo Hernan Vilarinho (Defensores de Belgrano)
    UIT: Nicolas Alnoudji (zonder club), Hocin Chebaiki (Ronse), Marco Casto (Namen), Daniel De Castro (Brazilië), Akin Dos Santos (zonder club), Thomas Duez (Francs Borains), Gballou Ange Kouyo (Lecce), Rosario Peppe (Francs Borains), Jimmy Schmidt (Uruguay), Kris van de Putte (KV Kortrijk)

BEVEREN
    IN: herman Beugre Ahiba “Pachéco” (Academie Abidjan), Boubacar “Secréto” Traoure (Academie Abidjan)
    UIT: Emmanuel Eboué (Arsenal)

FC BRUSSELS
    IN : Marcello Igor De Camargo (RC Genk), Noscatelli (Parana Clube), Werry Sels (Lierse)
    UIT : Maxence Coveliers (Geel), Nicolas Flammini (Tubeke), Christophe Kinet (Sparta Rotterdam), Saidi Makasi (Sakaryspor), Aloys Nong (Kortrijk), Leonardo Ignacio Nunez (Gremio), Tiago De Oliveira (Al Ahli), Vladimir Voskoboinikov (Eupen)

CERCLE BRUGGE
    IN : Christophe Grondin (Toulouse), Sergio Peter (Blackburn Rovers)
    UIT : Thomas Madou (Wevelgem), Jérome Watt (Blackburn Rovers), Paul Weaver (Blackburn Rovers)

CLUB BRUGGE
    IN: Manasseh Ishiaku (La Louvière), Michael Klukowski (La Louvière)
    UIT: Ivan Gvozdenovic (FC Metz), Alin Stoica (Siena)

CHARLEROI
    IN : Steeve Theophile (Istres)
    OUT: Lokman Atasever (Kocaelispor), Stéphane Ghislain (Eupen), Sala Sbai (Ronse)

RC GENK
    IN: Tomislav Mikulic (Osijek), Nenad Stojanovic (Rode Ster Belgrado), Tom Soetaers (Ajax)
    OUT: Igor De Camargo (FC Brussels), Dimitri De Condé (Sint-Truiden), Aaron Mokoena (Blackburn Rovers)

AA GENT
    IN : Davy De Beule (vrije speler), Mamadou Diop (AC Troyes), Yngvar Hakonsen (FC Lyn Oslo), Damir Mirvic (FK Sarajevo), Zlatko Runje (vrije speler), Dario Smoje (vrije speler)
    UIT : Dieter Dever (contract opgezegd), Matthias Geldof (Waasland), Ivica Jarakovic (Zulte-Waregem), Benjamin Maréchal (Ronse), Steven Ribus (KV Mechelen), Sven Van der Jeugt (Zulte-Waregem)

GERMINAL BEERSCHOT
    IN: André Lima (Vasco da Gama), Carlos Alberto Perreira (Botafogo)
    UIT: Joao Paulo (Bornem), Jorge Luiz (Bornem), Fabio Rossitto (Italië), Bart Van Zundert (KV Mechelen)

LA LOUVIERE
    IN: Yero Dia (Wasquehal), Wagneau Eloi (Guinamp), Marcus Matkosan (Brazilië), Laurent Montoya (Rouen)
    UIT: Matthieu Assou-Ekotto (Standard), Daniel Camus (Ronse), Manasseh Ishiaku (Club Brugge), Michael Klukowski (Club Brugge), Michael Murcy (Esjberg), De Oliveira Rogerio (Beersheva Israel), Yannick Vervalle (Bergen)

LIERSE
    IN: Nelson Martin Crossa (Everton, Chili)
    UIT: Bjorn De Wilde (KV Oostende), Milen Georgiev (contract ontbonden), Werry Sels (FC Brussels)

LOKEREN
    IN: Willy Reynders (trainer), Roma (Chonbuk Motors), Madi Panadetigiuri (Bordeaux)
    UIT: Franky Van der Elst (trainer)

MOESKROEN
    IN: Farouk Atalay (Antwerp), Jean-Félix Dorothée (Valencia)
    UIT: Christophe Grégoire (Anderlecht), Marc Schaessens (Bergen)

KV OOSTENDE
    IN: Herman Vermeulen (trainer), Kevin Almond (Denderhoutem), Bjorn De Wilde (Lierse), Eric Joly (Kilmarnock)
    UIT: Gilbert Bodart (trainer, Aalst), Juninho Rosas (Brazilië), Ode Thompson (Union Sint-Gillis), Fréderic Stilmant (Tubeke)

SINT-TRUIDEN
    IN: Dimitri De Conde (Genk), Jari Niemi (Standard)
    UIT: Guy Bertrand Mamoun (Kermt-Hasselt), Marlin Piana (KVSK United)

STANDARD
    IN: Matthieu Assou-Ekotto (La Louvière), Céderic Roussel (Kazan)
    UIT : Maxime Baijot (Eupen), Gilles Colin (Eupen), Dennis Souza Guedes (Bergen), Jari Niemi (Sint-Truiden)

VC WESTERLO
    IN: Jaja Coelho (America Belo Horizonte), Harry Grommans (Excelsior Rotterdam)
    UIT: Sebastian Kneissl (Chelsea)

24. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Anyone knows Chris Rolfe from Chicago Fire? He's testing at Westerlo.

25. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Lockhead is testing at Anderlecht.