Transfer thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Wanting Florenzi gone is insane, and then we complain about players being disloyal smh

whill4, DOctore13 and Java65 repped this.
  2. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Florenzi has been pretty bad this year , lets be honest.

I don't want him to leave or anything , but we need to get to a point where we don't rely on him as being a starter.

I've said this for a few years , but he's really a utility guy on a good team. Bring him on to plug a hole/injury , or do a tactical job occasionally in a big match. But the every day rightback thing needs to end sometime soon.

Midfield General and wm72 repped this.
  3. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    If he’s not going to be a starter, and we can’t rely on him to be one, he HAS to go. We can’t adford to pay a guy 6m, (In Pastore’s case, 7m) to ride the bench.

Midfield General and Shen-O repped this.
  4. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, I think sometimes people are way to hard on Florenzi and SES. SES isn't a starter but he is a quality reserve and an Italian homegrown and he doesn't complain.

Florenzi is a homegrown player that was forced to switch to RB out of desperation. He did it, he didn't complain and in all honesty he's been vastly superior to any RB we have had over that time. There are a lot of players that would have complained about being moved to FB.

5. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    You sure he makes that much?

Yeah, I mean, if that's the case , you can certainly make a compelling argument to move on from the guy. Not sure who'd pick up those wages, though.

And yeah, Pastore needs to go. People got way too sentimental about his days in Palermo.

6. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's going to play RB?

7. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2019-2-21_15-1-58.png

8. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    ct-90mins-roma-drop-fine-bruno-peres-after-car-carsh-20180210.jpg

9. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The funny thing is, I agree with you in regards to his offensive play. His passing has been suspect, crossing hasn't been good. His overlapping runs not right.

Defensively he's been our best FB by a wide margin. He's the only FB that will actually close down a defender and not allow them free crosses into the box. His positioning has been good and he tracks back like he always has.

but yea, his play in MF and the final third has been bad.

10. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh shit.. we still own him don't we. I'd play Santon there before him.

Hustle and Flow repped this.
  11. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    I find him pretty poor defensively as well , to be honest. Really, the same could be said about all our fullbacks.....and centre backs (outside Manolas).

I'll probably catch heat for this , but Santon for like a 3 game stretch earlier in the season was the best fullback play we've had this year.... then he went back to being Santon.

But I'm definitely in agreement in possession. It pains me to say it , but Florenzi with the ball has been god awful. His decision making is mind-dumbing. I also hate how he just boots the shit outta the ball whenever there's any kind of pressure on him.

Oban14 and wm72 repped this.
  12. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    I dunno what's more sad. The fact our highest earners are stealing money from the club , or the fact a left-back is our highest scorer.

We really need to clean house.

Shen-O repped this.
  13. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me the 2 glaring ones are Pastore and Perotti. I know we probably disagree but I do believe a big part of our defensive problems are Olsen. He's unsure of himself, the defenders never know if he's coming out or staying on his line, they have no faith in him. You can just see it in their face at times they are thinking.. "wtf are you doing"

I don't mean to dump on the guy but I honestly think that unless you fix the GK situation we'll just be wasting money buying CB.

LordNelson repped this.
  14. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    He definitely doesn't help things. The demi-god known as Alisson hid the warts.

I'm honestly on the fence about Olsen. Part of me thinks he's trash , and then part of me thinks he can become solid for us. I'm gunna give him a little more time before I make up my mind.

I think our defense sucks, though. That I'm sure about.

God, I miss Alisson. I'd take him back over Salah any day.

Shen-O and shiboboo repped this.
  15. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Him earning 2.8m after taxes = we pay 5.6m in wages.

Hustle and Flow repped this.
  16. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    We’ll have to buy one. Hateboer and Castagne are good shouts from Atalanta.

17. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Is no one in favour of just rolling with Karsdorp? Santon can be cover for either side.

Shen-O, Haakon24, Oban14 and 2 others repped this.
  18. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    With Rick, Flo and santon, rb can wait on other areas/needs.

Haakon24, Hustle and Flow and Java65 repped this.
  19. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We might be looking at Perotti v2. The guy missed the last game and isn't training with the group. Besides, much like Schick, Karsdorp has waaaaaay too much to prove before I just roll with him.

Like it or not right now Florenzi is our best, most dependable RB. I'm not saying I wouldn't love an upgrade, but the reality is he's the guy

20. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Yeah, I get that. Rick needs to stay fit for an extended period of time , and have a good run of form.

I just don't think we need to splash cash on RB. Even if Florenzi gets sold (which is super unlikely).

That aside, I've liked Rick for most of his return. Dude's come a long way from supposedly definitely being sent away on loan last month.

Shows how quickly things can change in football.

21. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, I agree with all of this @shiboboo is dead on.. we got other problems. For now Rick, Flo and Santon are more than good enough.

22. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Karsdorp is a baller. Adds so much in transition play

23. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I mean I wanted florenzi to succeed. We all did. Hes home grown. I dont know how he can be defended though, i mean ya RB isnt his position but hes been playing it for years now. How can he still not fully adapt or learn to defend. Also going forward hes been bad, I mean I havent seen him put in one decent cross.

I dont mind him staying. With that said though,I think karsdrop deserves and will be the starting rb. Florenzi will continue to be that player that we can throw in wherever and whenever needed. I also wouldnt be upset if juve came knocking and offered us 30 mil for him.

24. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    If we are selling Florenzi to free up wages we’ll need to replace him. Hateboer makes 300k net and Castagne makes 400k...

25. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Freuler from Atalanta is one player not getting much press, but who is doing a great job this season.