Transfer thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Olsen has hardly been the issue. Our defense on the other hand...

2. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Olsen is not the reason why both Fazio and JJ have looked terrible for most of this seask .

Hustle and Flow repped this.
  3. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    I wonder what Savorini could do with Donnaruma.

4. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Do you really want this club to have to pay those wages?

5. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    No

6. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is absolutely part of it. When your CB have no faith in your GK it causes moments of hesitation which lead to mistakes. Go back and watch the matches you can see the confusion between the defenders and Olsen.

It's certainly not all his fault as a part of it is a lack of understanding between them all, but Olsen is most defiantly part of the problem.

Also, as @Big Bad Wolf said, it's not that they have played poorly. For the most part they have played well, it's just momentary lapses that lead to goals.

7. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our defense hasn't been great, but I also think a lot blame comes from the midfield. Too many times the back line is left exposed because our midfielders just watch counter attacks go by them. Anyone moving at more than a jog's pace is too much for Cristante and Nzonzi. I also saw Pastore for a second try to go back and recover, but gave up after about 5 yards, lol.

8. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't really get this mentality though

We want to bring in "champions" but would be upset to pay players wages they're worth. On the rare chance that a "champion" or a "star" wants to come here people complain that he is too expensive and we will never be able to sell him in the future for profit, and then in the next breath complain when we do indeed sell stars for profit. Roma is never going to win and it seems like on some level some fans don't want her to.

romanista8910 and Java65 repped this.
  9. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  10. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Keep EDF until summer, then get Conte.

11. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    We’re not talking about a “star” or a “champion” here though. It’s Donnarumma.

12. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Sabatini's Roma vs Mongo's Roma

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LordNelson repped this.
  13. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So a kid who has potential to be for us what Gigi was for Juve?

Every time we purchase or are linked to a player in his prime there is bellyaching about how we won’t be able to sell him at the end of his contract for enough money. Or we can’t justify his wages etc. now we’re extending the same to teenagers?

14. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Please explain to me when Donarumma has shown that hes worth the ridiculous wages hes currently receiving?

Shen-O repped this.
  15. Shen-O

Shen-O Guest

Repeatedly punching the ball into his own net, duh? Oh my bad, you meant FOR Milan....damn..I got nothing then.

Also, this team might as well check into Trigoria for the rest of the season, how many times do we need a ritiro? Jesus

Forzaabruzzo repped this.
  16. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Right, I get it.

We want 20 year olds who play like 28 year old world beaters for the wages of a 16 year old. And they all need to be signed on a free. Except Zlatan. That’s a loser mentality.

Nobody is actually asking or expecting us to sign him but the mentality is stupid.

JoãozinhoFutebol repped this.
  17. Lameelaa

Lameelaa Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Totally agree the team needs the Wolf pack attitude again, this team is just bunch of pups. we didn’t have a lot of class compared to madrid and Barca but we will fight for every inch and it worked. Now the team is just going through the motion.

La Magica repped this.
  18. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think you got things mixed up here a little. What you're suggesting is getting a (almost) 20 year old playing like a 16 year old on the wages of a 28 year old WC winner.

19. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not saying this isn't correct but where did you read Skorupski drank too much? I do recall reading that the club decided to cut ties with Peres (no matter the cost) after he wrecked his car in the early morning hours and failed a breathalyzer.

It would really suck if that's why we had to get rid of Skorupski. I thought he was a pretty decent GK.

edit. The GK really sucks because 2 years ago we had Szczesny, Alisson and Skorupski, now.... :(

20. TwistedJester

TwistedJester Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cant agree enough

21. muptonfish

muptonfish Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Actually I don't think you do get it, You refer to a mentality as stupid, when that mentality is based in realistic expectations of the club's actual financial model and revenue.
    Sure it would be nice to throw money around like its nothing, but alas this ain't Football Manager.

22. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Expecting to sign 20 year olds who play like 27 year old world beaters for cheap fees and cheap wages to sell them later on is stupid and a loser mentality.

To worry about whether you’ll be able to sell a player a few years down the line for as much as you spent on him is stupid and a loser mentality.

Winning puts butts in seats and sells merchandise. Winning pays.

23. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I am not advocating for Donarumma.

I am against the attitude that so and so isn’t good enough for Roma and then also that this guy and that guy’s wages are too high for Roma.

24. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  25. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215