Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There are quite a few teams supposedly in for him, most probably have moar money...

As for Tecatito, I'm not sure Dortmund is a good option for him at this point unless they sell some of their other talent...

They usually do but he doesn't quite fill a "need" at Dortmund...

DankYummy repped this.
  2. Richy_Rich

Richy_Rich Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    Long Beach State University
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Rather see Tecatito at Bayern, Robben and Ribéry are getting too old, imagine Douglas Costa on one wing and Jesus Corona on the other wing, pure magic! A man can dream!

LGRod, chivamex10 and DankYummy repped this.
  3. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Supposedly Montes price tag is 9 mil.....

Kaney, LGRod, JJV1994 and 2 others repped this.
  4. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Tecatito at Dortmund would be awesome!

DankYummy repped this.
  5. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is the reason mexico will never have young prospects in Europe

Those greedy fuks

They put those price tags on young players putting pressure on them and the club for them to suceed immediately

6. Richy_Rich

Richy_Rich Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    Long Beach State University
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    In the current market, 9 mil for a defender like Montes is a steal.

7. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He hasn't proven anything to be worth that amount

chivamex10 and Kaney repped this.
  8. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :rolleyes:

He is one of the best defenders in the entire league... @Richy_Rich's right. That amount would be an absolute steal for a player like Montes considering how overpriced the market is nowadays...

blue4211, Phenom, Richy_Rich and 2 others repped this.
  9. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would like to see him in the Bundesliga playing for either Leverkusen or Frankfurt... I think he would flourish in either of those teams.

Toprak will be joining BVB during the summer, so that leaves a spot open. They might also sell Tah, which would prompt them to look for another CB.

As for Frankfurt, Madrid will be most likely recalling Vallejo, and that will open up a spot for a CB. Both Vallejo and Montes have the same age although Montes is way more taller than Vallejo...

Hoffenheim would also be another good option. They will be playing the Champions League for the first time in their short history. The just sold Süle to Bayern, so they will also be looking for a CB. Montes is as tall as Süle...

JJV1994 and DankYummy repped this.
  10. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'd agree with your argument if he was playing for the national team but he isn't.

11. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Is not his fault the manager doesn't call him when he's clearly one of the best defenders in the league...

12. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    especially being how young he is, he has time to adjust and play well, any euro club would be stupid not to take the deal lol
    yeah the Bundesliga has been nice to our players, he should start off small like a midtable euro club with a good amount of money, I get tired of seeing our players go to big clubs only to not see that much playing time from now on they have to go to smaller clubs that can afford them

DankYummy repped this.
  13. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think he's very talented but @JohnnyFutbol is correct.

JJV1994, DankYummy and chivamex10 repped this.
  14. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    how is he right

15. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No.

I'm not denying that the market is overpriced but that is still too high based on market conditions. How many young defenders have we sent to Europe for him to command a 9 million fee? I believe Diego Reyes was 7 million Euros and he'd only begun to justify that recently and he's 24. Moreno was $5 million if I recall correctly and that was after a couple seasons as a starter with Pumas after having won U17 WC.

Even though they are different types of players, I think Montes is more talented than Reyes based on the little Ive seen and my research on Football Manager:D but aside from Reyes, Moreno and Rafa, we don't have much history sending defenders to Europe at a young age.

JJV1994, JohnnyFutbol, joebon_11 and 3 others repped this.
  16. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Has this duse ever been called up? I think Osorio should give him some friendlies but how would a team in Europe or any other team outside of LigaMX (who overpays for other Mexican players) know anything about this guy? Did he beast in a CWC to at least be on teams' radars?

If Monterrey can get $9 million, then good for them but based on our very limited history of exporting defenders (especially young ones) to Europe, there isn't much of a sample size to make it seem less of a risk. And whether people here realize it or not, teams take into consideration nationality at least in terms of history/sample size. If he were Argentinian or Brazilian, he wouldn't be seen as much of a risk since they have an established history sending good players to Europe even tho many don't pan out... Teams probably wouldn't balk at $9 million then.

I don't know that Mexicans still have this reputation but for awhile, some where seen as having difficulty adapting. Homesick, culture-shocked, can't find decent tacos, warm weather, etc.

Those are some "market conditions" which teams take into consideration.

17. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There is always a compromise...

Rayados could let him go for $5 million and 20% of any future sales or another $5 million based on milestones like games played.

If a Portuguese team came around asking, I'd insist on 20% of a future transfer regardless of what price they agreed on up front. Them duses know how to develop and then sell for profit...

JJV1994 and DankYummy repped this.
  18. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We're talking about dollars, not euros... Lol.

You really need to watch more games of César Montes, I don't mean this in a trolling manner, but Montes has really been outstanding for Rayados. His level of maturity is impressing for his age.

He was both named as rookie of the year and in the best XI last season.

Don't really see why making this big fuss whether he is worth $9 million or Euros... Regardless of the "market" conditions, 9M would be a bargain...
    Benfica have kept tabs on him since he scored the opening goal for Rayado's new stadium against them.... They sure now him very well...

19. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    One of the guys that works with Wiso, and all those other dudes from Fut Mex, analysis on Montes...

[​IMG]

Kaney repped this.
  20. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Without him getting called up to the NT on a regular basis, he will largely be seen as a prospect until he's started at his club for several seasons. Mexicans are seen as riskier propositions compared with South American players. I think this kid will be a stud but $9 million for an as of yet unproven, uncapped Mexican defender is quite a bit of money. If Rayados can get that for him, great.

What kind of foreigner rules do Portuguese teams have in terms of limits? This is another potential market condition, or at least it is in some places. If they don't have any or very loose restrictions on it, then that obviously works in his favor...

JJV1994 and Centauro del Norte repped this.
  21. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why doesn't Osorio rate him tho? Seems a bit odd. Osorio never struck me as a 'jerarquia' duse...

22. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He has quite an odd criteria.. He would call players like Jordan Silva or Hegardo Marín, who are not even starters with their teams... That what baffles everyone as to why he hasn't called Montes as of yet...

JJV1994 and Kaney repped this.
  23. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He doesn't seem to rate Jonathan Dos Santos either even when he's healthy and playing well with Villarreal.

24. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not trying to derail but I think this is pertinent to Montes potentially moving but has anyone in the Mexican press asked Osorio point blank why he doesn't call him up?

25. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm not too fond on him going to Portugal, tbh. I don't want him to be riding bench like Reyes did for over 2 years...

Bundesliga, and La Liga would be ideal for him IMO.

JJV1994 repped this.