Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richy_Rich

Richy_Rich Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    Long Beach State University
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    #5451 Richy_Rich, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Meh, we had the dos santos bros at Barca and Vela at Arsenal and look how that turned out. If you’ve been keeping up with the Mexican league there’s a lot to be excited about in Lainez, Alvarado, Macias, Edson, JoGo, Sanchez, etc.

2. nfocus

nfocus Member

May 24, 2010
    las vegas
    Club:
    --other--
  3. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    There is still plenty of season left I think the Mexicans that may have breakout seasons might be Jimenez and Tecatito. Tecatito, looks like he has a fire under his ass.

McKennie is a workman like, destroyer DMid. He is not too interesting or exciting or a player. Weah is still in the shadow of his dad but from what I have seen from him his finishing seems off and PSG has some way more interesting youngsters than him. Pulisic has potential but I think he might pan out more like Januzaj in Europe than a Messi.

I will say this there are some interesting ass Mexican players besides Lainez getting minutes. Roberto Alvardo and the Santos fullbacks come to mind.

Although, if Mexico loses next month to the US we will hear from the pundits about " The USMNT is bouncing back and a course for regional and global dominance."

DaTruth, Don Boppero 3000 and DankYummy repped this.
  4. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    My dude just said Reyes can't cut it in Europe, a guy who was named one the best defenders in La Liga and put incredible numbers in two consecutive seasons in the best league in the world.

You may not like him as a player with the National Team or feel like he's been inconsistent but statements like the above automatically diminish any credibility.

Topping it off with a good ol slurping of Young Americans in Europe is just the icing on the cake.

Mookies77, SixKick, Ron Mexico and 9 others repped this.
  5. BS49

BS49 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Drinking a beer
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The guy cannot get on a first team and can't find a team on a free transfer. At some point we need to take off our MNT colored glasses and see what is the reality right in front of us. He does have potential but it has been 4 years since we have been saying that and he still commits too many brain farts and needs to bulk up. He may pan out but besides Chucky, Herrera, and Jimenez I do not see much to be excited about for in European soccer. Even Tecatito has been disappointing lately.

Lukato and DankYummy repped this.
  6. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I bolded it in case you missed it the first time...

The rumors are that his agent is demanding a large bonus/commission for any club that signs him and that's one of the reasons why teams who have shown interest have passed... Not sure how true that is but the guy has proven himself professionally and still has years ahead of him...

To say he can't cut it in Europe is nonsense...

Having said that, I haven't always been a fan of his while with the NT but that doesn't mean much for his prospects in Europe...

SGuerrilla repped this.
  7. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I think you're conflating two different things but there is room for discussion.

Regarding Reyes in particular, all we know is the press rumors so far. Both his moves to Espanyol and Real Sociedad received little publicity prior to their execution so the fact that he hasn't found a team yet or hasn't agreed to the terms offered to him at this point does not mean he "can't get a team."

The bit about potential and panning out and brain farts is condensed confirmation bias. He's had good games, he's had bad games, he's had so-so games with the National Team. Like many other players. In my personal opinion, he's been more than serviceable and is part of good unit of younger defensive players at our disposal like Araujo, Salcedo and Edson Alvarez. I'm quite sure he'll be fine.

As far as you not seeing much to be excited about, I would say you should watch a bit more of LigaMX or take a look at the recent Toulon Tournament squad that showcased a number of very interesting players like Carlos Vargas, Cesar Montes, Gerardo Arteaga, Jorge Sanchez, Alan Cervantes, Jonathan Gonzalez, Diego Lainez and Roberto Alvarado. Chivas has a number of players that are also part of the youth NT teams that look to be of above average quality and ability compared to peers their own age like the two Macias kids and Godinez, to name a few.

Accusing people of having MNT goggles on while you make wildly jingoistic statements about young American plays like Pulisic, McKennie and Weah just shows that maybe you're not as informed when it comes to the young Mexican players that are going to be a part of the next generation.

8. BS49

BS49 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Drinking a beer
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I am not arguing he can't cut it in Europe. Many or our players can cut it in Europe. My original post was magnifying how few younger players playing in Europe there is to be excited about that will help the national team move forward and improve. I am not sure Reyes is one of them. He is not better than Hector Moreno and may never be. As for him being named one of the better defenders in one season in La Liga I will point out that Vela was name as one of the best forwards in La Liga one year. He is now playing in MLS. We are not producing enough young talent in my opinion to move the program forward. There are diamonds in the rough but not enough. That 2005 U17 group gave us Gio, Chicharito, Vela, and Moreno. We need multiple sequential groups like that to get where Mexicans want our team to get.

9. BS49

BS49 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Drinking a beer
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I do watch LigaMX and did watch the Toulon Tournament. The only players that I liked in Toulon are Montes, Lainez, and Alvarado. And from those only Lainez seems like a sure bet.

LGRod repped this.
  10. hermosillo

hermosillo Member

Mexico
    Mar 28, 2017
    Hermosillo
    Siempre es culpa del representante :rolleyes:.

NCCFBALL and Lukato repped this.
  11. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I kind of like having a Mexican in turkey after a billion rumors.

DankYummy, Kaney and LGRod repped this.
  12. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I mean.....this from your post on the last page and verbatim:

"As we can see Reyes and Fabian cant cut it in Europe."

Hector Moreno has not been a great bastion of defensive ability with the National Team and the fact that you are willing to assert that opinion seems a bit strange when anyone who has watched Moreno over the past decade has seen him having good games and some really terrible games. Much like Reyes.

This is one of those instances where I feel obliged to simply point out that two things can be true at the same time. Moreover, we are talking about Diego Reyes, not Carlos Vela, whose move to MLS was not very surprising at the age of 29. Reyes has not indicated he wants to move to Mexico, let alone MLS.

We're not producing enough young talent to move the program forward but earlier you brought up young American players like Pulisic, McKennie and Weah, and used them as part of your argument.

So just to be clear, what you're essentially saying is that our northern neighbors, who have an even worse track record than Mexico when it comes to nurturing and polishing young talent, are somehow going to magically erase the failures that lead to them not qualifying to the World Cup with a bunch of 18 year olds?

The same program that has missed out on two straight Olympic tournaments?

That's your measuring stick?

Jesús Narciso, Kaney and SGuerrilla repped this.
  13. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A lot of the guys are already, or will be MLS bound in the next two years. Cheech; Guardado; Moreno; Layun. There isn't a lot of talent lined up to make the jump either. The name that comes up most often is Erick Gutierrez, who is a slightly above average player. Tecatito and Rulas have shown glimpses, but haven't lived up to expectations. A guy like Govea who just makes lateral movements. The Maleck kid who is still bouncing around B affiliates. Está cabron.

DankYummy and LGRod repped this.
  14. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hmmm
    1030418395248951296 is not a valid tweet id

1026140207404474368 is not a valid tweet id

15. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And Fabián was one of Eintracht's best players under Kovac until injuries did him.

16. nfocus

nfocus Member

May 24, 2010
    las vegas
    Club:
    --other--
    Not gonna lie I thought he was gonna be a major BUST, he had quite a rep for drinking and partying....but dude showed work ethic.

Back to rumors...on Talksport2 (Luke Moore) radio they mentioned Preston & several other championship teams have reached out to Ochoa for a winter transfer now that the Napoli deal fell apart.

If ya'll wanna listen:
    https://talksport.com/radioplayer/live/index.html?interstitial=true

17. Chico Facil

Chico Facil Member+

Nov 8, 2014
    Club:
    Fløya IF Tromsø
    SGuerrilla and Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  18. BS49

BS49 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Drinking a beer
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This! I just have a bad way of explaining myself. I should of just said Esta Cabron. I cant't take on IMD, he has too much Mexican Futbol knowledge for me to counter. My point is that I am concerned about the youth players we are producing and the upcoming dearth of players we can expect to jump to Europe. I brought up the USMNT youth because of the teams they are playing with and how they are performing with those teams at a young age. I know that sometimes players don't pan out but I would love to have a $40 million rated kid at Dortmund and a striker burgeoning at PSG.

DankYummy and CyberAce100 repped this.
  19. angelsfan

angelsfan Member+

Jun 4, 2008
    So Cal
    Not worried, we’re in a generational transition. In the next couple years there’s players that will make the jump to Europe and replace players that are on their way out. Players we expect to make the jump (Lainez,Montes,Alvarez) and players that we never expected to make the jump. I’m not worried that we had one bad transfer season

Gera and SGuerrilla repped this.
  20. hidrocalido

hidrocalido Member

Aug 9, 2015
    east LA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jeez dude! How is montes and Alvarado not sure things? Alvarado beasted with necaxa and looks to be important at cruz azul. Montes has been a starter since he was 17 and had offers from sporting and benfica.

Believe or not liga mx is producing plenty of quality youngsters despite all the foreigners. Dude I could name at least one player from every team. All of these players are very promising and a lot of them are starters. I think you have a bias against Liga MX.

As for the nads you mentioned you just have to see the big picture euros teams want some of that usa tv money.

Don Boppero 3000, SGuerrilla and Kaney repped this.
  21. BS49

BS49 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Drinking a beer
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Okay, name one from Atlas.

LGRod repped this.
  22. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ponchito is decent.

Kaney repped this.
  23. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Haven't watched lately but Brayan Garnica looked good...

LGRod repped this.
  24. hausen

hausen Member+

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #5474 hausen, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Our problem is that we assume way too much. We assume that because there’s players showing talent in the mexican league ‘at the moment’, that in a few years they’ll be an important piece to our national team. We need action, not speculation and a desire for things to possibly straighten themselves out with time.

Let’s not forget the countless amount of players we had similar hopes for, including but not limited to el hobbit bermudez (i put this one here for the lol), omar arellano, alanis, pulido, mier, orbelin, damm, etc.. i can go on and on. What percent of these ended up being very important for Mexico’s national team? A VERY slim number.. Every 6 months that a player waits for his transfer is another nail that’s put to their coffin. Too many of our players are on ”hold”.

Performing above average in Liga MX is not comparable to being a consistent, stable starter in the top European leagues. We are just way too limited in the latter. One of the few exceptions to this has been Nestor Araujo, mis respetos.

Robertinho21, superm, SGuerrilla and 2 others repped this.
  25. Eila

Eila Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Turkey is an interesting choice, considering the lira is collapsing.
    He's probably getting paid in USD/EUR so it's fine, but not so much for the club itself.

DankYummy repped this.