Transfer Rumors Abroad

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Froboy69, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope he can adjust to the culture there.
    Going from eating delicious steak/vino to borsch/vodka is going to be a big transition

dapip repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    dapip repped this.
  3. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    lots of money coming his way.... he can eat his steak.vino and finish off with some fine vodka :laugh:

Furnaccio repped this.
  4. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he's ok I think, there are worse players like Gustavo Torres.

Do you think he's worse than Andres Renteria?

5. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Sure Zenit isn't the worst and they have had some really good players I just think he could do well in a bigger team in a bigger league that has more exposure. They just sold Paredes to PSG so not like you can't get lots of exposure there, but the competition in Russia isn't the same as the EPL, La Liga, Serie A or even Ligue1 which he could easily play for lots of teams right now imo.

dapip repped this.
  6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    So what changed in the past 6 months that's opened the flood gates in Argentina for Colombians? I mean > 24 players :eek: playing top division.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  7. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thing with Barrios is that he’s gonna spend a good chunk of his Prime in Russia. He’s not 21 anymore.

villus repped this.
  8. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the two top teams in the country have multiple colombians who have mostly succeeded leading to domestic and international titles, there's also the relatively cheap prices for colombian players, Comesaña and Almiron going to Argentina, etc.

im loving it, I much prefer this to the mexicans hogging up players.

HomietheClown, dapip, kromekote and 2 others repped this.
  9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    im personally cool with Barrios in Russia, not that big a deal to me. I think he'll be a star there.

although he'll have some competition

pepinointer and kromekote repped this.
  10. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I do prefer them competing in the Argie league for many of the obvious reasons but 'ojo' not all Argie teams are cash heavy like the top 5. Lot's of broke teams that are also just trying to exploit the next Colombian talent.

dapip repped this.
  11. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah Colombian after Colombian is doing really well in the league and lots of really high profile examples and the Colombian league is still pretty cheap, not surprising at all I'd expect that the prices of Colombian players should start rising with the increased demand and hopefully other leagues jump the Argentine's to go direct.

I'm surprised it took this long, lots of Colombians have done really well for years even with the amount right now.

sidspaceman repped this.
  12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    two years ago in hanged out with a russian daughter of a millionarie.......the girl always had expensive vodka and caviar in her fridge........and she dumped food.....

13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    WTF????

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah, after she organized parties the food that wasnt consumed she dumped.....i showed her that food could be donated for example to the security guard of the building.........she said that it wasnt normal in russia to give that presents......

She had two lithuanian bodyguards, that waited for her during all night outside clubs.....i was the first one to show that maybe would be a good idea to give a “reward“ to them......and the guys loved me.

also she was so chauvinist saying stuff like it will be a disrespect for men to earn less than the woman....

It was a very particular mentality. but it was an interest experience.....

sidspaceman and kromekote repped this.
  15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The proyection of this player since 2015 havent been what we expected.........but it still young to go to soon to mexico..........

Cali only should form players in youth divisions.........

sidspaceman repped this.
  16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hate Deportivo cali!!!

Well at least they didn’t send both balanta and Benedetti to Minnesota. Tho their offer for 13 million for both doesn’t seem that much lower then the Mexicans

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I hope Balanta does well in Mexico.

sidspaceman repped this.
  18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I think that salazar need more of millonarios, than millonarios need him...........

Almiron and his bad scouting since nacional days

dapip repped this.
  19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    For those who say that MLS is not a good stepping stone to Europe..

...Miguel Almiron from Atlanta is United is going to the Premiere League for 26 million dollars.,

I know his situation is more of the exception than the rule but it is possible for someone to do well in MLS and go on to bigger and better things.

pepinointer repped this.
  20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How manotas got a trasnfer there too........

21. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    thats the bad thing about Almiron to Newcastle, now all the MLS guys are going to use this transfer as an excuse to say the MLS is a top league and that it's a genuine stepping stone.

the reality is, this move dragged on forever. Similar to the mexicans and their silly fees, Atlanta were asking for a fee upwards of 20m. 20m for a guy "proven" in the MLS and Argentina. Arsenal had their bid rejected because it wasn't enough and Newcastle took ages for the deal to go through because of all the back and forth.

yeah its possible I suppose, just like its possible to go to europe from colombia, mexico, uruguay and other places. But it is still a remote chance imo.

this move doesn't really change my thinking at all.

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think it is a bit closed minded to say that this is the way it always going to be. It is a young league that is still progressing and growing. A fee for someone like Almiron would have been laughed at just 5-10 years back.
    The Colombians that go to MLS can be a part of the wave of growth and progress. Not stagnate it.

Staying in Colombia or even going to Argentina is a way to lose money just because of the way the economies are down there. Unless you go to Boca or River and become super stars down there.

Furnaccio repped this.
  24. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no, I think that even 5 minutes ago I'd laugh at a fee like that.

also, I assume you're speaking generally and not towards me because I've never mentioned any of that stuff you're talking about.

I guess your argument is that you make more money in the USA?, yeah I guess, everyone knows that and agrees.

Cruzifero and pepinointer repped this.