Tours de France: Maki Tall's Next Stage

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dr. Soccer90, Aug 13, 2012.

1. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The #memories

2. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  3. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.toursfc.fr/actualites/equipe/a-la-decouverte-de-maki-tall--1163.xhtml
    Sounds like he's with Tours' reserve team in the CFA2, France's fifth tier, which is also where Dylan Romney is with Paris FC reserves.

sakibomb523 and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  4. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ChuckMe92 repped this.
  5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sakibomb523 repped this.
  6. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yo anyone have an update??? You'll get repped :)

7. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's been playing for Tours' reserve team in the CFA2 (French fifth division).

Debuted in late October off the bench (and crossed paths with Quentin Westberg, who started that game), made one start in early November, then disappeared for a few weeks before starting all three games in December. Has one goal in five appearances so far.

8. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Man I thought he showed so well in the u-20 WC, and he fell of the face of the earth.

9. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So well? He played 45 minutes the whole tournament in one game against Myanmar and scored a goal.

Not knocking him but in all honesty - big deal

Players kind of live on in myth on bigsoccer a bit

The truth is that Tall's career was already fading in 2015. He showed some promise at like 16 but it turned out he was an early bloomer and hit his ceiling at a young age

10. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    chrome_vapors repped this.
  11. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tall now has five goals in 11 games for Tours II.

A decent haul, though it's a big jump from the CFA 2 to Ligue 2, I imagine.

13. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Two scoops:

14. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
  15. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's fantastic news given the circumstances.

I know it's just Ligue 2 but things were looking rather dire for you nearly two years.

16. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, he's scored 10 goals in 18 games for Tours II in the CFA 2 (5th tier).

17. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Tours de France: Maki Tall's Next Stage

19. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #244 Gorky, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Nice.

By the way (;)), I wonder if his contract with Tours goes past this season.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  20. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/...cles/2017/05/21/Maki-Tall-a-pris-date-3106712

Rough translation:
    Goal scorer in CFA 2, the young Franco-American striker found the nets on his first ball in Ligue 2, facing Ajaccio. Maki Tall may have a real card to play in Tours next season.

In the hustle and bustle of the cloakroom exit of the François-Coty stadium in Ajaccio, one had to listen carefully. Deep voice. Almost a shy murmur. The speech is the opposite. Constructed, reflected. Not that of a "kid" of 21 years who landed in League 2 on the occasion of this last game of the season. Rather that of a man who has lived beautiful emotions, travels. Its quota of galleys, also and above all.

His journey, Maki Tall, takes place during questions. He is told about his first goal in his first appearance in Ligue 2, on his first ball on Friday in Ajaccio. He attacks him from the outset by the point of rupture (without misplay) of his short career, the dramatic turn of history. "I'm coming back from a distance ..." From a fracture to a toe, badly damaged, with the U20 selection of the USA at the World of the age category in 2015. "I was in Sion at the time, Was complicated. I was not always paid, I was badly treated ... In short, the organization was not serious. So I decided to go get treated in the United States. "
    His native land: "My father is French, but he had joined the USA for his studies and then to work. I was born in Washington. "
    The story goes, twenty years later: "With this wound, I found myself a year and a half without playing. And without a club, especially. "I was ready to give up. I was really stuck. A long way in the desert ... "Up to the oasis tourangelle since last autumn. "I was offered a test, I did it without asking. I wanted to show my qualities. They convinced the club's leaders to give him a chance, under amateur contract, in CFA 2.
    He does not forget these outstretched hands. And especially not that of an element of the shadow but essential of the club sky and black: Cyrille Carrière, the coach of the TFC reserve: "He welcomed me. Above all, I must thank him. He knows how to train young people. There are plenty in the team that he propelled to Ligue 2. "What may be about to achieve Maki Tall, by hard work and goals in CFA 2.

"Last week against Le Havre, some offensive elements disappointed us (Clemence notably)," explains Nourredine El Ouardani. With regard to Maki's performances with the reserve, his goals, his work, he deserved this appearance. He gave it back to us. "
    By reducing the score and then weighing on the Corsican defense, which allowed the TFC to return to 2-2. A good entry therefore, although in the end, AC Ajaccio ended up winning in the final minutes on stopped kick (3-2). "Maki is a player of quality and future," concludes the Touraine technician.
    Not very big (1.73 m) but powerful, it has actually shown in Corsica interesting abilities, especially in depth. "All this makes me want to work even harder, corrects the person concerned. Because I still have a lot of things to correct or to learn, in my travels, in the finish, in the game back to the goal ... Yes, I want to come back next season even stronger. I did it there, I know it's possible ... "
    So with the TFC? "We are discussing it with the leaders," continues the one who is, for the moment, under amateur contract. Anyway, I'm happy here and grateful for the luck I've been given. So yes, I want to stay ... To me to wet the jersey. "
    On Friday May 19, 2017, Maki Tall really took hold. And why not ? American movies usually have a happy ending ...

> Maki Tall was born on October 30, 1995 in Washington DC.
    > Right-handed striker, 1.73 m.
    > Football: "I started in the United States playing with my dad on Sunday, with the colony of Africans living in Washington. And then, we went to Africa, to Senegal. And I really took a liking to football ... "
    It is there that Le Mans locates it. One test later, it integrates the training center of the Muc. Then, it will pass through the reserve of Lille, Red Star, Sion and henceforth TFC.
    > The American selection: "I had selections in France young team first. And then I chose the USA because I wanted to make the U20 World Cup. I also had friends who convinced me to go play with the USA ... It is a choice to the feeling. Frankly, that was the best moment of my young career. "

Dervos, sakibomb523, matabala and 4 others repped this.
  21. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC_Dave and BostonRed repped this.
  22. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    Great news for Tall, he's put in the time, sounds like it's finally paying off. Ligue 2 nothing to sneeze about and Tours is a good place to land.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  23. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001