Torneo UNCAF [R]

Discussion in 'Central America' started by MoRado, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md

Gotta disagree with you Andy on this one.. El Salvador shows a complete lack of class in this match with the goalkeeper and a field player with two complete cheap shots..

No class..

Why does El Salvador stoop to these levels? Remember the ludicrous time wasting against the USA in their WC qualifier in Foxboro?

Ughhh..

2. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I wish I knew... I'm Salvadorean and I just don't f'n get it... they bring shame to our country, embarrassment(sp) and... ah damn it... like I said before... f'k it.

3. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Guatemala 1:0 Nicaragua (14th minute)

4. britzsv

britzsv Member

Dec 12, 2004

It wasn't there fault they lost. They gave it there all and thats all we can ask for

5. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    did i just hear the announcers on the GUA-NIC game say that the US is probably the only team in the world that was able to get the same refs from a friendly for the WCQ vs trinidad?

6. Delsocfan

Delsocfan New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know the result of the Belize/Honduras game?

7. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Honduras won 4-0.

8. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Guatemala scores number 4 10 minutes left.

9. paul51

paul51 New Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Salvador could easily be the dirtiest team in the world right now, pretty sad....

10. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Please use [ result ] tags. Galavision is showing the game on Tuesday.

11. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Agreed. Plus, the circus act of defending on the free kick was truly a Three Stooges moment. Two Ticos were completely unmarked at the far post. Not just poorly marked, but totally, completely, absolutely, inexcuseably unmarked. El Hackador deserved the loss.

12. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some pictures from the Guatemala vs Nicaragua game.

13. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    You know reading some of these post, I wish you idiots would keep the insult towards the players themselves and not the country, our the whole team representing the country... I don't care if you call them names, hell, I will too but direct them towards the deserving players...

Because if you watched the game you know it was some of the players acting idiotic... It was ambarrassing to watch yes, it made me mad as hell too... But it was some of the players... and not the whole team.... The game for the most part was a good one until late in the second half when the first red card occur.... After that, ugh, I rather not even talk about it. (well except for the blocked Penalty kick by the sub-goalie. That guy went from hero to zero in a matter of minutes)

Didn't Nicaragua get two guys ejected too? What happened there... (I didn't watch the game)

14. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    CR won not because they played better, they won because ES played worse.

What a boring tournament, after 2 matchdays, the 4 teams are already decided.

i really dont care the result of the 3 next costarican games, we already qualified for the GC, anyway those players wont play in the HEX

15. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    matchday 3 is tomorrow...finally a matchday that is non-predictable.....

HON 2- 1 GUA
    NIC 1-1 BEL
    CR 1-1 PAN (if not, PAN wins....)

16. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    In my defense, I missed the second goalkeeper's red card play. I just saw it on GolTV this afternoon. And the stoppage time cheap shot was broadcast on Galavision moments after I hit "submit post." Oh well.

I think it's a valid condemnation of central American soccer. Every time the US plays Honduras, Guatemala, Panama, or El Salvador (I've never seen a US game vs Belize or Nicaragua) this stuff seems to be endemic. Once the team either has the result they want/accept (a lead, or a tie if they don't think they're going to win) the diving and time wasting starts.

Amado Guevara's cheap shot on DaMarcus Beasley last spring in Foxboro happened maybe 15-20 feet in front of me. I really don't know why it is. The time-wasting tactics seem to be an accepted part of the game in UNCAF. I think the cheap shots are a more isolated occurance.

17. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    You have a solid point here....you didn't mention costa Rica.

18. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Intentionally. I've witnessed more of it from Costa Rican clubs than from the National team. But then, in recent history, the Costa Rican national team has been quite good. If the form from the last 12 months holds, and Costa Rica's decline continues, it will be interesting to see if they begin to resort to the same tactics we see from other teams in the region.

19. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I really hope that never happens! CR used to ba a very offensive team, but our last 2 coaches just fuc't it up! blaming sampson and Pinto, 2 ultra-defensive schools!

20. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I dont think theres anyhting wrong with cheap shots, or a player getting emotional on the field. If it happens agaisnt the USNMT like you say then its something beyond soccer. This happens when your team plays Mexico they always end up fighting, so when the US plays a team from Central America it goes beyond only soccer due to the history between the regions.
    But your going to see this happen around the world not only in a specific region.

21. Delsocfan

Delsocfan New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andy,

This title of this thread is "Torneo UNCAF [R]" if you didn't want to see results of games in the Torneo UNCAF then you shouldn't be in the thread. :confused:

22. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  23. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FT Honduras 1 Guatemala 1
    FT Costa Rica 1 Panama 0

24. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The CR/Panama game was dull and boring....
    The Hon/Guat game was good, too bad it ended in a tie though.

25. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Honduras vs. Panama and Costa Rica @ Guatemala in the Semis.