Torn meniscus

Discussion in 'Player' started by MisplacedSpainard, Oct 3, 2008.

1. MisplacedSpainard

Apr 5, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I just got diagnosed with a torn meniscus. Has anyone else had this problem? My doctor said i should be fine after a surgery and back to normal after like 6 weeks. Anyone know if they felt a difference in their play after the surgery?

2. 9diamonds

9diamonds New Member

Dec 8, 2006
    I actually had this a couple of years ago, I was playing striker and a real big guy bumped me and accidentally stepped on me. Real bad pain initially, but after recovery, I was absolutely fine. Over 5 years Ive only felt the pain once, and I have never really looked back on it

3. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    When its over, you'll be as good as new. i have both knees done for torn medial meniscus.

The 6 weeks to 100% might be agressive. The issue will not be pain, but swelling and getting the range of motion back. I was walking within a couple of hours of both surgeries (scoped).

alot may depend on the PT and how agressive the therapist is and how faithfull you are. You will need to get that swelling out ASAP, then work on range of motion.

4. flyingdutch

flyingdutch New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Kzoo, MI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    i tore my acl and my meniscus. the meniscus should heal soon like the doc said. you should have no problem playing again. it's just a mental thing that you'll have to overcome. your knee is fine though.

5. MisplacedSpainard

Apr 5, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    this is great news for me thanks guys.