Torino [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
  2. sakana

sakana BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Torino 2007-2008 [R]

Any word on the amount of the buyout clause it seemed that was an even bigger issues than the salary. I'm sure the clause is there, but I'd like to know how much the big clubs are going to have to spend when they come calling. Anyone see that number anywhere?

3. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

There is no clause.

4. sakana

May 23, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Seriously?! None? Wow, I wonder how they got Rosina to agree to that -- it sure sounded like a deal-breaker.

5. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

yeah somehow they got him to drop it out of the contract.

6. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  7. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys

Only seen the highlights, but i have to say the avalanche of goals against Parma was quite impressive for Toro standards. Of course they let in four, but Sereni won't have a consecutive bad game. He was caught out of position on two if those goals.

3 -1 victories over Reggina and Palermo, a comeback from 4-1 down. This kind of offensive production has not been seen by this club in quite some time, including the stint in la B two years ago.

Recoba and Rosina will hopefully be healthy. Rosina'a absence was profoundly felt last game. DiMichele should start in my opinion, but having him come off the bench has worked pretty well, so I'll just hope the groove continues and Novellino doesn't try to out think himself. Avrum Grant did that for Chelsea with the Carling Cup Final, and his team suffered for it.

I hope Trez's absence is similarly felt tomorrow.

FORZA TORO

8. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Rosina played against Parma. He was just nonexistent.

9. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys

Sorry, I was referring to his absence in the last Derby Della Molle.

Recoba has taken up the playmaking slack for Rosina, which is good of course, but rosina has a tough time getting involved in an attack if he is not the progenitor. He is so accustomed to running around to make plays, he's not used to being fed the ball when he is not receiving back a pass he made on a run towards the goal. I may be wrong but that's my observation.
    FORZA TORO

10. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  11. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  12. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys

I'm still reeling over the loss of Commotto, the poor man's version of Zambrotta, with no replacement. Recoba's creativity and playmaking ability have also not been replaced.

Going to be a very long season, I'm not optimistic.

Once again.

13. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  14. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys

Ironic that the day I complain about the loss of Commotto, they sign Abate. Don't know much about him, would appreciate any input those can offer before the Olympics start up. Looking forward to watching him play. I hope he can in fact play right back, and importantly for the team, that he can accomplish the same task of bringing the ball forward to the centerline. Commotto did that so well, imagine how much further back Rosina will have to play to get the play going in the absence of "Commotto like" ball advancement.

Now how about a real striker? Why not do everything you can to convince Cruz to leave Inter. I know he'd flourish with the regular first 11 spot he's not had in years.

15. sakana

May 23, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Abate's an attacking player who plays on the right wing (though he said today he can also play on the left, and won't get in Rosina's way), as far as I know he's never played in the back. He was great @ Toulon for Italy, the sort of player who can be thrown on in the second half and really change things with his energy and ability. I was really worried about him rotting on the bench @ Milan, IMHO this is a fantastic move for both him and Toro.

16. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I was interested to see how much you thought of Commotto. I'm eager to see how he fits in with our squad, since we have many questions at the backline.

It sucks losing quality players.

17. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  18. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  19. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys

Hunt:

I hope you've seen enough of Commotto to consider him an asset to the team. I think he excels at moving the ball forward with pace, on the left flank, obviously. He is tireless and skilled enough to not lose possesion without a a concerted effort to do so. He allows the central mids to concentrate on marking the opposition forwards and mids, a la Mascherano at Liverpool. Don't know how Viola do their holding midfielder set up ,if they even utilize that tactic.

Good luck with him

20. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Re: Torino 2008-2009 [R]

That's great news for Toro - if this were 2006. Hoefully he and Amoruso can rekindle that Reggina magic. Hope so, if not this will be a long year. Urbano Cairo saved this team, and I know it's easy to spend other people's money, but he needs to find someone who can push the ball forward/distribute now that Comotto/Recoba are gone. the lack of quality depth on this roster verges on pathetic.

Hopefully, I get proven wrong.

21. robii

robii Member

Aug 27, 2005
    usa
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
  22. robii

robii Member

Aug 27, 2005
    usa
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania

From Sky Sport Italia , formation for Sunday :

OGGI COSÌ IN CAMPO
    Sereni

Diana Natali PRATALI Pisano

ABATE Corini SAUMEL

Rosina Di Michele

BIANCHI

Who is this Samuel , anyone know ?!

That looks like a good formation.

23. sakana

May 23, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

That's not right, unless Abate's experienced a miraculous recovery and is going to play without ever training with the team -- he came back from the Olympics with an injury and isn't expected to be playing until the end of September. I assume it'll be Zanetti instead of him, that's who's been playing most of preseason in the midfield with Corini and Saumel.

Samuel is an 23-year-old Austrian int'l midfielder who came over from Sturm Graz. After struggling in his first friendly he's apparently played well and is impressing a lot of people with his intelligence.

24. robii

robii Member

Aug 27, 2005
    usa
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania

U are correct, Gazzetta had the updated line-ups, I guess these from sky must be older.