Todo sobre Lanús (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Stan_Bowles

Stan_Bowles New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Cricklewood, London.
    I heard that Lanus have just sold Graf to a Turkish team.
    This is a shame, taking their side apart like this. Who's gonna score the goals then?
    I thought Lanus had a chance of the title this season but I'm not too sure now.
    Lovely team to watch though.

2. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I agree it is shameful but everyteam is Argentina depends on the sale of their players to balance out the budgets, some cause of basic economic realities and some cause of the corruption that goes on. All and all I don't think that Graf's sale was that bad for Lanus, he was getting older and they will have Cristian Fabbiani to take his place (back from Israel) I don't even think that Graf started most games, he seemed to come from the bench at critical times. He is a great player though with an eye for the goal. The guy that they will miss more will be Sebastian Leto (sold to Liverpool) but he won't be leaving until next June. I still think that Lanus will compete with for the tournament although not favorites to win it all.

3. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Lanús festejó el triunfo y su notable superioridad

El equipo de Ramón Cabrero jugó mucho mejor, pero no pudo alargar las diferencias debido a la gran actuación del arquero Cristian Lucchetti.

More...

4. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: 4 X4: Sebastián Leto (Lanús)

More...

5. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Lanús se llevó mucho más premio del que merecía

Lanús afirma su "paternidad" sobre el equipo rosarino, ya que mantiene un invicto de once partidos. Newell's jugó casi todo el segundo tiempo con uno menos.

More...

6. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Lanús se recuperó y amplió su racha con Argentinos

Los goles fueron de Acosta y Ribonetto, ambos tras jugadas de pelota parada. Luego descontó Carrera. Los de La Paternal no le ganan al Granate desde 1997.

More...

7. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Los pibes de Lanús desafiaron al campeón y le sacaron un empate

Debajo de su nivel, el equipo de Simeone tuvo posibilidades de vencer al final, pero hubo ratos en los que la pasó mal frente a un rival que supo jugarle sin complejos.

More...

8. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: A Lanús se le escapó dos veces en un final increíble

El local desaprovechó una oportunidad de sumar tres y acercarse a las copas; los cordobeses igualaron la línea de Godoy Cruz y le descontaron un punto a Chicago.

More...

9. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  10. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    For those not following Lanus' games, check for Diego Valeri. He is right footed but is asked to play the left lane of midfield. A position where two Lanus players have been sold abroad in the past year ... Leto to Liverpool and Archubi to Olympiakos. Excellent season so far ... in his position probably the best player in this Apertura.

Lanus, with Valeri and Pelletieri, has 2 of the best midfielders in the tournament. It is no wonder that after a slow start, Lanus is where it belongs ... among the group challenging for the title.

They also come with a lead over Estudiantes for Wednesday's Sudamericana game. Qualifying would mean having had a perfect start to the semester.

PS: I am not forgetting of Sand either ... he has invented goals out of nowhere in the last few games. Specially in the deby against Banfield.

11. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: va por la punta

Lanús buscará ser el líder del certamen cuando reciba esta noche a San Martín de San Juan en uno de los dos partidos adelantos de la fecha. Seguí las acciones de este partido Minuto a Minuto.

More...

12. FluFla

FluFla New Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Hello Vipnerd. I have some questions about Valeri for you. Namely, the following:

-Did Valeri play on the right side of midfield before this season?
    -Has there been talk of any huge clubs chasing him?
    -When does his contract end?

13. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

His natural position is on the right of midfield ... or as a playmaker if the team uses one. But he has adapted quite well to the left of midfield.

With all the distance that separates him from Riquelme, he has that kind of vision and confidence. Actually, Valeri is playing the same position that Roman played at Villarreal, some sort of playmaker on the left of midfield. But Valeri does have more defensive tasks than Roman had.

Boca has been interested ... his family are Boca fans, and he has shown interest to go to Boca. Yet, I doubt Lanus would sell him to a local team.

Not sure when his contract ends, but he has grown at Lanus and became a fan of the team. Having been injured most of last year with cruxiate ligaments tear, and now having a very good semester, I would imagine he has signed a lengthy contract with the team. But I doubt he will stay at Lanus for more than 1 year.

If there is anything else to say about him is that he is a very down to earth kid, very religious and with his principles well grounded. In other words, outside the field he seems to be a true role model for others. This speaks volumes of him compared to other young stars and their love for "the night".

14. FluFla

FluFla New Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Thanks for the info, VIPNerd (btw, are you the same VIP from ********.com?).

In relation to Valeri's mentality, I heard somewhere that Valeri speaks English and German. He seems to be well educated as well.

15. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Yes ...

16. FluFla

FluFla New Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Great. Hope to see more matches from Argentina soon man. I'm a huge fan.

17. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
  18. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Lanús se escapa

El Granate derrota 1 a 0 a Tigre y vuelve a ser el único puntero del campeonato. José Sand de penal, a los 16 minutos, le da la victoria parcial.

More...

19. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Lanús sin cambios para el domingo

El entrenador Ramón Cabrero, a cargo del equipo granate, prevé repetir la alineación del puntero del Clausura para enfrentar el próximo domingo a Argentinos Juniors.

More...

20. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Para acariciar la gloria

Lanús, único puntero del Apertura, recibirá a Argentinos. Un triunfo del Granate lo dejará en las puertas de su primera consagración. Gorosito intentó calentar la previa con algunas declaraciones. Seguí las acciones del partido Minuto a Minuto.

More...

21. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congratulations Lanus! Only a formality awaits and you will be crowned Apertura champions. Well deserved achievement for a club that has been slowly building on solid basis for this and (possibly) many other successes to come.

I am also enormously happy for Chiquito Bossio. Such an underrated and unjustly bashed goalkeeper.

22. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Great campaign and well deserved champs of this Apertura ... serious management and coaching staff and very talented youngsters.

After 2 Sudamericana spells that ended abruptly due to lack of experience, Lanus will be a contender in the next Libertadores ... and Sudamericana '08 and Libertadores '09. Enuff experience to make this young players an even more solid unit.

What an achievement. :cool: