Time to think about the Eleven

Discussion in 'Indy Eleven' started by Otis Campbell, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Otis Campbell

Otis Campbell Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    The boat is sinking, the Indy Eleven needs to be thinking about the Indy Eleven. A year off or a year of 5-6 teams only will kill this franchise.

2. JDogindy

JDogindy Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they'll do what's right for them. They will probably go to USL if the NASL can't be salvaged.

3. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulling from the News thread:

4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    can we have this discussion in one thread on this forum at least? between our news thread and the threads in the nasl forum, the mls n&a forum, and the few posts in the usl forum, we don't need 2 here.

5. DANNO49

DANNO49 Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Hawthorne CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the advantage of the 11 going to the USL is close road trips. Cincinnati and Louisville

6. Otis Campbell

Otis Campbell Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I have brought this thread back to the top because 10 months later and we remain in the same place plus we added a lifeless bid to join the MLS. The NASL might be in worse shape. Where will the 11 be next year:
    1. NASL
    2. USL
    3. NISA
    4. MLS
    5. Gone

BTL97 repped this.
  7. BTL97

BTL97 Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no clue man but this shit's scary. I have no clue about the state of NASL at the moment and have been hardly paying attention all season. Call me a bad fan, but the club's situation seems so hopeless, and the failure of the MLS bid is salt in the wounds.

I feel we're too big to completely fail at this point but I don't know jack shit. I kinda wish we would just make the jump "down" to USL for stability.

8. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    without knowing all the details, usl looks like the correct answer, but who knows what they'll end up doing. and don't call the mls bid a failure. to be a failure it would have had to be an actual attempt.

BTL97 and jeffcoop repped this.
  9. JDogindy

JDogindy Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the current mindset, I see joining NISA as the #1 choice, followed by folding, with USL a distant third.

The team has gotten very cheap with advertising and publicity, which was not the case before their first season. Shoot, the team owner owns that boondoggle up on College & Broad Ripple, and they closed the team store for public purchases. The USL would be a huge boost in popularity and saving on income with travel, but I feel like Ozmir drank the NASL Kool-Aid too much.

As much as I was against the idea, I think renovations to Carroll, while updating Attucks for IUPUI would be ideal. Unfortunately, that would mean a year at Kuntz, which makes Carroll look like Children's Park.

10. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States