Timbers T-Shirt on Little People Big World.

Discussion in 'Portland Timbers' started by G Enriquez, Nov 2, 2010.

1. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last night my wife was watching Little People Big World and Jeremy Roloff
    was wearing a Portland Timbers t-shirt.

2. DemonJuice

DemonJuice Member

Portland Timbers
    United States
    Aug 21, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They come to games a lot. This year Joey let the older boy cut a log slice.

3. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    A few of the Timbers players and the coach made an appearance in an episode earlier this season when the team visited Roloff farm.

4. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember seeing that episode.

5. Altidore_Adu_Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    Hammond In
    the kids are big soccer fans there always wearing european jerseys i think theres an episode of the older brother getting a soccer ball autographed by freddy adu and a game

6. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was an episode this season where jeremy and zach were in
    germany and they attended a Bayern Munich practice.

7. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aren't they season ticket holders? I could be wrong, but I'd heard that once.

8. Hierarchyfive

Hierarchyfive Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't beleive they were in the past. They just came to the games a lot, and they seemed to be in a different place for each game. When their camera crew came with them it always caused caos for the gameday ops people at PGE. But you can't turn down free publicity.

9. Dusty2002

Dusty2002 New Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hierachyfive, you're right.

The Roloffs aren't season ticket holders. I believe they get free tickets any time they want in exchange for being "celebrities" and for the Timbers being on LPBW. The Roloffs get almost everything free from the show. That's how those things work. A company or business appears on the show for the advertising and Roloffs get their free services or in this case, tickets and VIP treatment.

I believe they only went once or twice this year, but the season before that they went a lot (that was right when the Timbers episodes were airing).

Yes, the Timbers players appeared on the show at the Roloffs farm for Jeremy and Zach's 19th birthday and they donated a ticket package for Amy Roloffs charity auction.

They were actually just shown at a game again last week. It was the charity package they auctioned off. Some family paid for their daughter and friends to go to a Timbers game with Zach Roloff, but the whole family were there (at least the 3 boys, their friends and the mom, Amy).

10. ritsoccer86

ritsoccer86 Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Celebrity for being a midget?

Celebrity for having 8 kids? (remember Ocotomom?)

Does anybody see what I am getting at here?

lol

11. Dusty2002

Dusty2002 New Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well, I guess if you want to think about it that way, yes. Btw, the more acceptable term is "LP - Little Person. Midget is considered derogatory.

But yeah, they are celebrities. They've had a reality show for 6 years. The Timbers wanted the exposure enough to appear on the show several times and give them free tickets and special treatment.

12. ritsoccer86

ritsoccer86 Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Ahh sorry about using the term. Thanks for that and I will forget using the 'm' word.

As for Timbers wanting exposure, I don't blame 'em.

13. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dusty, they had to have been there more than 1 or 2 times, I recall seeing them 4 or 5 times. My wife is a big fan, so... Well... she points them all out. Granted I never saw the husband Matt (right?) ever of those times. usually just the brothers and the mom two times. I saw them twice with cameras in tow, I think 3 without, though 1 of those times they did a celebrity type appearance.

14. Dusty2002

Dusty2002 New Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Marquis, you're right. They want a lot the first year after the Timbers got involved with the show Little People, Big World. But this last season they apparently didn't go as much.

The reason you didn't see the Dad, Matt Roloff (except for one of the times they filmed) is that Matt hates soccer.

It's the 20 year old twins, Jeremy (normal size) and Zach (dwarfism), the mom Amy and the youngest 13 year old son, Jacob, that love soccer.

I think Jeremy and Zach usually go with a bunch of friends (when they did go to games).

They also went to Seattle and had a special meeting with owner and GM Adrian Hanauer, that was on an episode.

15. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the dad is too busy getting DUI's to worry about going to timbers games.......ZING!

16. Dusty2002

Dusty2002 New Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And along that line, the average height son, Jeremy, is busy using slurs against every other minority group except for LPs.

I was going to add that when someone graciously apology for using the word "midget".

I was just pointing out the if you want to be respectful, "midget" is out and there are other terms that most people with dwarfism don't find offensive.

But the hilarious hypocritical side of the Roloffs is that Jeremy was caught using every terrible slur in the book online with his friends.

The same family with the show about respecting people that are different and not using "midget" because it's hurtful. They didn't apologize for Jeremy's slurs, they just wanted people to ignore it and said people are too sensitive.

The hypocrisy is immense and kind of ruined their show for me, it changes the noble message of their show of respect all people because people are people to "Respect us, but we don't need to respect anyone else".

17. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either you work for the tabloids, the TLC network or you know these folks. ha