Ticketing fiasco

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by onemorerevolution, Oct 15, 2002.

1. onemorerevolution

onemorerevolution New Member

Sep 23, 2002
    MA
    "sold out" by ticketmaster and revolution office means there are no more tickets they want to sell at any given moment. (It can also mean, no, we don’t want to sell tickets to you for section 143, but that’s another topic)

That is, there are sections that they haven't yet made available. And there are "blocks" of seats that they are holding for whatever groups they are expecting.
    Sure, they have to fill out from bottom up, but they seem to have told a lot of fans “sold out”. They also seem to release more seats at seemingly random intervals. $25 tickets are sold out one minute and all of a sdden there are more tickets.

Also, some genius at the office seemed to have figured out that by limiting the sale of $25 tickets, they could sell more $40 tickets. (and sell some $40 section at $25 by mistake)
    Luckily, they haven't yet tried airlines’ varying price system (the name of which eludes me)

I don’t care how they go about it, but I’m afraid I might see ugly bold spots interspersed in some of the lower sections, not to mention fans who were turned away over the weekend because they were told $25 tickets were "sold out".

2. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    I'm desperately hoping for some $25 tickets to become available at some point during the week. I really can't go otherwise, and it bothers me that some of the 200s seating wasn't at Category III (or it wasn't supposed to be, but I missed out on the frenzy of discounted tickets earlier :().

I really hope more than anything they can get everything worked out for Sunday, and the Cup goes off as a success.

3. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Don't be surprised to see tix available two days b4 the game.

Seems they always hold back groups until that time.

4. worldcup76

worldcup76 Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    When the upper tier is open I'm sure some of those tickets will be for $25.