Ticket Advice Wanted

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Kenp, Dec 31, 2004.

1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i do.

the club prices its ticket in three seperate catagories, based upon demand. both portsmouth and wigan are "C" matches - the lowest demand of the three.

i must admit, much of the urgency i was implying was based on my own experiences, which over the last couple of years has been in pursuit of higher-demand tickets. when you have to buy your airfare before match tickets go onsale, you want to be pretty sure! but i'd guess you're looking pretty good for wigan.

perhaps you can get better insight into availability from one of the local yiddos. still, even if my advice has been a bit fevered, it beats the hell out of that of anyone who's urging you to go to that big, sterile, concrete bowl down the road. ;)

2. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having been to White Hart Lane and thoroughly enjoyed myself I agree the atmosphere will be better than the Library at Emirates Stadium but the footabll may be better over there -- that's all I meant.

3. melvin06

melvin06 New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    does anyone know how bad the obscured viewed seats are?

4. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i'm pretty sure it varies, but i know at least a few are pretty bad. and quite alot in the east stand, though not listed as obcured, are slightly so, as there are two big white supports running from ground to roof. you can go to the website's 'buy ticket' function, and click on 'stadium view from seat' to see just how intrusive they are. when i've sat in the east stand, i've found them to be only the mildest nuisance. also, from this function, it appears that many of the 'obscured views' don't look that bad.

but there's got to be a reason they're always the last tickets sold, right?

5. melvin06

melvin06 New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    how hard is it to get tickets to an arsenal champions league match (against hamburg)

6. louis09

louis09 Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Guys I am new to this board and to the sport of football (as a fan) I recently got involved in the game which every one of my brothers and sister played there entire lives, I played Baseball, and Hockey, anyway I am heading over to London on the 10 for 5 days and then to Paris for 5 days too, I would like to see the Arsenal vs Watford match and was wondering if you guys have any good suggestions on getting a hold of a pair of tixs, I have PM rick already but it does seem that the 10 weeks he needs is to late so just need some input thanks

Lou

7. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on where it's being played. Start by going to the clubs website. They may (or may not) have a means of accomodating tourists. I've heard that Chelsea actually reserve a number of tickets for folks like you.

8. louis09

louis09 Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game is sold out and I have emailed the club with no luck....game is at Emriates stadium, I dont want to use touts becuase of the horror stories i have heard off but I will continue to search the web.

9. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    I am looking into getting hold of some more tickets at the moment. I am unsure yet how successful I will be, but I will come back to you asap. Obviously as everyone knows any ticket through me is guarranteed by the club and is at face value. If I can't get tickets I am afraid I will give no information re touts as buying from them in this country is illegal and certainly unsafe at Arsenal as all tickets are membership cards. Most touts are selling fake tickets or membership cards that have been stolen and deactivated.

Rick

10. louis09

louis09 Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rick B

Thanks for the update and I will be crossing my fingers for you. I have seen that you are the real deal and it's nice to know that there are guys like you who look out for fans like us. I will not buy from touts as I am one who also hate the scalpers here in America. Are the website's that sell tickets also fake?

11. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun
    Re: ticket offices

You'll be pushed to make it if the traffic's sh*te but it's immensely doable even if you miss about 10 -15 minutes. I live in Shepherd's Bush and was playing footy by the Linford Chrirstie stadium last week - it all overrran, so I ended up only catching the bus from the Green at 13.03 and it took me over 20 minutes to get to the middle of Fulham Palace Road for the turn-off towards Stamford Bridge. Ended up missing the first 17 minutes of the match.

PS Tickets for QPR and Fulham should not be a problem.

12. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Some are but there are some that are OK. Not too sure how the good ones manage to get away with charging 300%+ of the face value though.

13. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

yeah, i've been monitoring sales for each, and they both look pretty easy. what blows, however, is that i've noticed that QPR has a number of matches that are 'all ticket', meaning that the ticket office isn't open on match day, and you need to have them in advance. i don't yet know if this will apply to the palace match, but if so, that'll be a bit unfortunate, as i didn't want to buy in advance if traffic would end up costing us the entire first half. oh well, gotta do whatcha gotta do, i guess.

14. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun

If you were gonna do it on foot, it could be manageable in about 45-50 minutes, I reckon.

15. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

yeah, if i recall, getting to hammersmith tubestation from the cottage on foot took a good 20 minutes (maybe more), and i think there'd be just as much left to loftus rd, no?

no point answering, as i'd pretty much ruled out hoofing it. but let me ask another question. is there likely to be plenty of open cabs around after the match? i was pretty much assuming there would be, but if i'm honest, i've never really paid attention to such things, as i've never needed one. i'm thinking they'll usually be around a decent-sized crowd, but perhaps the congestion could keep them away (somehow that doesn't seem likely). so are taxis readily available post-match? anyone?

thanks in advance.

16. louis09

louis09 Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wondering Rick B if you have had any luck so far, thanks

Louis

17. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun

I do not recall seeing that many, to be honest, but then again, I never really looked for them around there. Check Multimap for distances but off the top of my head, Loftus Road is indeed about twice as far away from Craven Cottage as Hammersmith.

Another thing to bear in mind - traffic at the top of Fulham Palace Road is currently a mess as there are roadworks between Hammersmith and Charing Cross Hospital.

18. huylens

huylens New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    San Francisco
    Hi there,

I'm a californian heading to London in TWO DAYS (on a whim from amsterdam) and I am wondering if there is any way to get tickets for a premiership match there. On wednesday 11/29, when I'm arriving, there is:

fulham v. arsenal (impossible, i guess)

and on saturday 12/2, there is:

arsenal v. tottenham (even more impossible, i guess)
    reading v. bolton (sold out)

now on tuesday, 12/5:

charlton v. blackburn
    tottenham v. middlesborough

both of these look like there are still tickets available. I guess my question is, for any kind people who want to give advice to a footie noob:

1. Is there any way to get tickets to those sold-out matches?
    2. Which matches should I try to see for good atmosphere and good football?
    3. Can I get tickets for Charlton and/or Tottenham if I'm not a season ticket holder, and if so, where should I sit? Maybe I'll have to ask that last question in the club forums.

I'm not too picky, I would just like to see some good atmosphere and have a fun time. Should I maybe look for division 1 (or coca-cola, or whatever) games?

If anyone can give me a little advice that would be super. I'm used to buying golden state warriors tickets (NEVER sold out) on the day of the game and walking in, so this is a whole new ballgame for me. :D

19. MD_littlekeep

MD_littlekeep Member

Mar 27, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any guesses as to when tickets will go on general sale for the rd of 16 CL matches for each team (CFC, ARS, MANU, POOL) in early march???

20. m4mento7

m4mento7 Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    does anyone know how to get tickets to the March 31st Man U vs. Blackburn game at Old Trafford?

21. Samsonite

Samsonite New Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Winnipeg
    Hey All,

I'm going to be in London from Feb 14-19/07 when the fifth round of FA Cup matches will be played. Assuming at least one London club is hosting a fixture, what would be my odds of getting a ticket and what would be the best method?

Thanx

Trevor

22. ricky23

ricky23 New Member

Feb 6, 2007
    florida
    I went through a fan forum. They refuse to allow anyone to sell tickets at other than face value. It was a leap of faith, but my tickets were at the hotel the morning I arrived. I am now planning my autumn vacation around matches in England (EPL, Champions, whatever I can get!) and a foray into Scotland to catch a match preferably Hearts or Hibs as I will be in Edinburgh. Once the bug bites, you're hosed.

23. joshy1000

joshy1000 New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    football nike

24. Leedarby610

Leedarby610 New Member

May 13, 2005
    South Florida
    I need two tickets to the Chelsea / Tottenham game on 7 April....any suggestions?

25. ricky23

ricky23 New Member

Feb 6, 2007
    florida
    "I need two tickets to the Chelsea / Tottenham game on 7 April....any suggestions?"
    That would be a tough one, after all it's a Derby. Plus, with the bad blood b/w the two clubs, nearly everyone will be going for that ticket. I'd post on the Chelsea section here to see what happens. Though you're likely to get stick being a LiverPool fellow :)