Thread name up for selling rights - OTT 35 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Wingtips1, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Because, there are wayyyy too many open electronic publishing sites available to every twerp with a keyboard these days.... and so, more and more, are we likely to encounter rubbish. Even on big mainstream websites like MSN there'll be links to extremely shoddy, and often downright wrong, filler type articles, with outlandish statement, written about some thing somewhere in the world by some blogger who happens to live half a world away and doesn't really have a clue what it is they are writing about. The problem, as I see it, is that the publishing community used to be tight knit and developed from within (yes, I know, this meant a kind of super-exclusivity and etc) but it would develop and suckle and come to rely on, alert editing and fact checking, and its own generally well finished product; but the "industry" (if you want to call it that) is now so vast there simply isn't the capacity for this type of rigid scrutiny and ongoing, controlled development, anymore.
    Anyway, in a world filled with the wank expertisms (yes, not a word) of twitter, what else is to be expected?

2. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good we got our game and result out of the way. Too bad we're no longer in the mix for top as Crystal Palace did what it does best-- derail championship tilts. I can't help laughing at Man U-- one of my assistant headteachers is an ardent Man U supporter who called Mourrinho's bus-parking at Anfield a tactical masterclass) and tomorrow will make for some genuinely good banter.

3. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sh!tcoat is losing it. He had a real go at the BBC for suggesting WBA and Man U cancelled each other.

4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that was hilarious. and by hilarious I mean embarrassing.

5. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I turned the CP game off after the first goal thinking it was over. Wish I hadn't...Sakho apparently played quite well - again.

couldn't bring myself to turn over the scum match as I figured I'd be bored out of my skull. Glad I was correct.

When given the choice of points in the bag or games in hand, I'll take the former all day. The scum choked and lost their games in hand 'advantage' over us.

6. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    100%.

7. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Excellent result between the oil sheiks teams. As Le Arse and City share a point each. Looks like we were the only team of the top group to get 3 points.

Oh yeah, spuds won yesterday didnt they. :rolleyes:

CB-West repped this.
  8. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    But they now have Kane, Wanyama, and Winks alll out injured.
    If we focus, we can certainly catch them.

9. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kane is supposed to miss one match, mebbe two, but Wanayamaramalamadingdong is out indefinitely.

10. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm - don't know why Klopp soured on him but Sakho appears to have hit the ground running at CP - "Now Crystal Palace are feeling the benefits of Allardyce’s canny transfer work. Mamadou Sakho, on loan from Liverpool, has been superb in the middle of defence"

11. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he was actually average yesterday - but when you pull off the major upset of chelski and don't commit any major gaffes - the narrative is easy for the media to write. Their keeper was the star of the show there.

I understand Klopp's point - but I also know we are woefully short at CB (or at least experienced CB) - he could have let Sakho sit for half the season and then brought him back.

12. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's what I thought as well- average. The same weaknesses he showed at Liverpool were on show here but either Hennessy was brilliant or the chavs were woeful.

I've always thought that the key difference between top defenders and decent ones (as with goalkeepers) is that they can go for a long time without doing anything but must stay switched on in the event of that one break. Whereas, if you're repeatedly blocking, tackling or heading away in a defensively set-up team, you appear as if you're having a blinder and get excused the one that gets away.

CB-West repped this.
  13. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Josay really has lost the plot, hasn't he?
    Can he really survive the chopping block if doesn't win the EL or take a top 4 spot? I'm sure he will stay, but why would any player want to go play for him with the way the team is even more boring than in his chav days?

Especially when the choices are likely going to be play for a) the reigning champions and a manager in Conte that has shown positive passion and his players seem to love him, b) go play for Guardiola and earn a shed-ton of cash at citeh and get to play in the CL. They all need centerbacks and fullbacks. They're all going to go after another talented attacking midfielder. Just don't see them attracting the players necessary to trouble those two clubs.

14. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    "Mourinho’s United now have five more points than David Moyes had at the same stage of his only league season in charge. United have spent around £440m on new players since Moyes left."

delaynomo and imasyko repped this.
  15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    88 million per point. :)

jeffcoop repped this.
  16. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's that in barrels?

Wait, I'll tell ya -- 1.64 million barrels, June delivery.

17. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barrels - full of single malt Scotch I trust?

StiltonFC repped this.
  18. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    I read an article that Souey was over critical of Rooney due to his worst season since he started his professional career.....it's obviously the effects of starting playing professional football at such a young age decreases the longevity of the career.... at 31, and the type of player Rooney i's, one would have assumed he could play at a high level until his late 30s....it's the burnout

19. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah. Erl

20. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Yet the gutter press/pundits/expros love Mourinho and will most likely give him time to 'turn it around'

21. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Old Crapford is a tomb and the bitters lead the scum on a hilarious goal.

22. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After Ibrahimovic had missed a good chance.

23. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ibra called for an offside goal - the irony. He actually pulled back the defender if anything and should have been whistled for a foul.

Everton with some stout defending.

24. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ashley Williams you piece of shit

Still a good result for us - Yernited drop 2 more points