This Forum is Deader than Dead

Discussion in 'FC Cincinnati' started by JDogindy, Jul 16, 2019.

1. JDogindy

JDogindy Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know Cincy has been garbage, but how come this section is a ghost town?

don gagliardi repped this.
  2. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    People are eating lettuce on Reddit. OK, there is also a half box of kale...

There was seriously more discussion when team was an expansion team prior to this forum being created.

3. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the BigSoccer forums but don't visit much anymore because of lack of activity in the FC Cincinnati portion. I do the Reddit thing, but don't like the format as well as BigSoccer. I go there because it is more active though.

Chesco United repped this.
  4. EPL Fan

EPL Fan Member

Arsenal, FC Cincinnati
    Mar 7, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think the hard part is what to really talk about. Love the team, love the fans. Season ticket holder since the beginning because I wanted to support it. We're struggling. I like the idea and vision of the club, but in my mind we don't have an MLS starting 11. Went to the game in Chicago and that was stealing a victory; happy but man did we get out of there with 3 and run.

So, what do you guys think we need?

I like Waston as our captain and center back, I like Bertone in midfield as well as the promise I see in Amaya. Ledesma has been working hard of late.

When healthy I like Garza, Waston, Hoyte and Deplagne as our backline but that's a big maybe. I'd like to the the new Dutch defender played centrally with Waston, but that's a hope.

Midfield is mostly stop gap at best. Adi? Don't want to hate on the guy as he scored a rocket, but he sucks up so much payroll and has now scored one MLS goal. Lamah? Second on the payroll....

Your thoughts?

5. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need a lot of help. We don't have enough quality starters nor do we have enough depth. It feels to me like our players are better than USL level but not good enough to be a quality starter in MLS. The initial roster build was atrocious. I like Waston, Amaya, Bertone, Cruz and Manneh. I like Hoyte but he's in the twilight of his career. Adi drives me nuts. I didn't care for his attitude or the way he played when he was with us in USL and still get that same vibe. Ledesma has talent but I'm not sold on him. Richey is serviceable. On paper Garza is good but he doesn't offer much help if he's always injured. Everyone else is a sub at best.

Before we start making player moves we need a coach. In my opinion that search has dragged on entirely too long. If I was a player being courted by a team I sure would want to know who would be coaching me before signing on the doted line. FCC really needs to get that finalized ASAP. Rumor is that Ron Jans from Holland is the guy. I am a bit concerned having a new GM (Girard Nijkamp) coming in who has no experience with the crazy MLS rules (TAM, GAM, DP Players, Generation Adidas players, etc.) and having a foreign coach as well. Who is going to help them navigate that mass confusion?

Its a really big project for someone. I wouldn't be surprised to see over half the roster change after this season.

6. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    At least there is a Hell is Real thread in the Columbus forum with about 50 post already.

I've given up on this forum.

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. tburger0910

tburger0910 New Member

May 11, 2020
  10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. JDogindy

JDogindy Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three wooden spoons later, I can see why this forum is deader than dead.

15. YNWA Rob

YNWA Rob Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2020
    Indiana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So how would you recommend a fan who is set.to adopt the club as his MLS club to support, go about following and discussing the team online, if not on here? (Asking for a friend).

16. JDogindy

JDogindy Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the team has a dedicated Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/FCCincinnati/) and several sports blogs, such as Cincinnati Soccer Talk. You're guaranteed to find supporters and regular updates on the Orange and Blue from those outlets.

YNWA Rob repped this.
  17. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I prefer this board but unfortunately there is very little FCC interaction here. I've had more luck with interaction on Reddit but I really don't like the way it is layed out.

18. YNWA Rob

YNWA Rob Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2020
    Indiana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it better here as well. Mainly at this point I'm trying to read as much as I can about the club's first three MLS seasons (and of course this off season). The podcast Jdogindy linked to has also helped me.

19. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You Ain't Lion is another podcast about FCC that is decent.