Things that give me hope

Discussion in 'Spirituality & Religion' started by Crimen y Castigo, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't know where to post this--but really, really wanted to post this. As an atheistic humanist ex-Catholic who thinks there's always more to be known and that we, and I specifically, will never ever know it, this almost brought a tear to my eye.

The article's title is stupid, but the content is very simple and rather inspiring. Basically:
    • Douchebag posts a picture of a woman on Reddit intending to mock her un-feminine and non-traditional appearance.
    • Woman in the photo actually responds with a grace and intelligence that is hard to fathom.
    • Douchebag becomes self-aware and apologizes in earnest and encouraging fashion.
    Made my day.

Sikh Woman Responds to Photo

2. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    " Holy shit, internet, I don't even know you anymore!"

3. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Don't worry, by the end of the day we'll all see something on the internet that will make us recognize it as the shithole it is.

guignol repped this.
  4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    since this one doesn't quite fit the narrative for the US press...my guess is that wide release of this story will not take place:

http://news.yahoo.com/kenya-bus-terror-attack-muslim-170052683.html

local government official said Muslim passengers on board the Makka bus line told the terrorists "to kill them together or leave them alone," according to Kenyan news outlet the Standard. Following the terror attack, Kenya's Interior Cabinet Secretary, Joseph Nkaissery, praised the Kenyan citizens who risked their lives in the attempt to protect the non-Muslims passengers.

"We commend the Muslims who stood by the Christians when the gang attacked," Nkaissery said, according to the Standard. "They showed the terrorists cannot separate us using religion. They cannot cause a religious war and I thank the passengers and locals."

neems repped this.
  5. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    This may be the least active thread on Big Soccer.

6. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Benteke gave me hope today when he scored. I hoped for a couple more though.

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think for a lot of people here, this would give them hope;
    [​IMG]

9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    next year Yedlin and Sunderland!!!

10. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    I'm hoping someone gives me Hope today!

[​IMG]

Hope Dworaczyk

11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/...olic-high-school-supports-transgender-teacher

"What I admire most in Mercy High's response," Joy Ladin added, "is that they decided that their core religious value was to treat human beings with dignity and respect, and that they are presenting their inclusion of Stein-Bodenheimer not as something they are doing despite their faith, but as an expression of the highest ideals of their faith. To me, that is a beacon of hope, pointing the way for faith communities to include transgender people."

fatbastard repped this.