The "You suck @$$h0le" chant

Discussion in 'Salt Lake Supporters Clubs' started by DadOf6, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Ucnerock

Ucnerock New Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Also not sure if it was due to lower numbers or the work between the fo and sg but the ysa chant at the hammerhead game was just "you suck" atleast that's all we could hear. So from one parent with 4 little ones at the games, thank you.

2. El Llama

El Llama Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Llamaverse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe I read the thread wrong but it would seem that "The Fort" is general admission seating. Thats a HUGE mistake. The RioT has done a lot of work segregating supporters from the general admission folks (something I prefer) and even put up signs warning you before you walk up the steps to the south end of what to expect, language, flags, standing, loud stuff. Hell you have to actually call for tickets in the south end (last time I checked anyways). The RevsFO simply missed the boat on this. All that stadium and nowhere to put your supporters to be left in peace.

3. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the Fort was treated the same way--I could be wrong, but I assumed general admission referred to the way seating was done (similar to the South End at the Riot, it's sort of a de facto GA policy) as opposed to having it be just another section.

It did take us a ridiculously long time to get the FO to put up warnings and the like about the supporter's section. I still wish they'd be a little clearer about it in some cases--the Facebook page, for instance, where they link to $9 South End tickets and the warning says only that we stand and are loud, nothing about potentially objectionable language or consumption of alcohol--but we can work on that, and I'm glad that there's at least been some effort on that front over the past season or so.

4. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Why did the league decide this year that ysa chant was too vulgar? Our front office is handling it well. Instead of just kicking people out they've said they want to make the supporters clubs part of the solution, getting them to help fix the "problem" (whatever that was).

5. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the FO, it's because it got loud enough to be heard on TV broadcasts at most stadiums. It wasn't a big deal when the RCB were the only obnoxious drunks in the stadium and there were only a few dozen per game, but now that it's coordinated among several hundred people it's too audible. Same thing around the league. That plus the fact that MLS has been shit terrible at negotiating TV rights means it's making them nervous.

The Krafts are still ********ups though.

6. El Llama

El Llama Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Llamaverse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See this would be nice to know rather than seeing the douchery that has occurred in foxborough. I fail to see what this ^^^^^^ couldn't be better communicated.

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I think this became a big deal starting last year and just snowballed. 2 incidents, outside of RSL, have ignited it. First it was the FO of Philly demanding their SG stop it and the SG supporting them, at least their leadership did. Its a big mess and still a thorn. Next incident was the Revs SG. I think when some of the FOs realized that the Philly FO could enforce their will on the stereotyped Philly fans, it started to encourage other ownership groups to do likewise. The shock troop method of the Revs though was over the top.

8. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anybody else noticed this has died down in the south end (at least the call back portion) but has grown in other portions of the stadium?
    Kinda funny, honestly

9. Christoph

Christoph Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Farm Country
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was not audible at all on the TV tonight, as it has been in the past...

Just the You Suck! could be heard.

10. Nuboom

Nuboom Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the NE SG walked out on a game... They didnt miss much with that 3-0 drubbing... but kudos to them...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIcXyZl46AY"]‪New England Revolution Supporter's Group Walk Out‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

11. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was this from the same game that security did their crackdown on the chants (where many fans were ejected and other left in protest/disgust), or have there been other incidents since that game that prompted a walk-out?

12. Nuboom

Nuboom Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That game was yesterdays, and I would have to assume they are still butting heads with the FO to do something like that

13. FCBeast

FCBeast Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard a version of the YSA cant for those will morals and standards, "Your socks have holes!"

14. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    You Suck Apples!

15. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team: