The Welcome Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Horsehead, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What do you think about Gareth Bale coming to Real Madrid?

1. I have a large erection

37.3%
  2. I'm happy but not sure how he'll fit in

17.1%
  3. Meh Meh Meh

12.0%
  4. I dunno, not sure he's worth it

17.7%
  5. WTF are we doing? Grrrrr.

15.8%
  1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The kick warrants it. I think the referee simply corrected himself when he showed the red. Instead of thanking the ref for letting him off the hook with a yellow card when it was a clear red, he engages in a fight. Practically begging to be sent off.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then he should write that in the match report. The match report says "red card for a violent push", just because he didn't drop down to the floor like the fanny that started the pushing match.It would have been fair to give two yellows, Bale misses one match, and that's it.Now it's a "violent offense" (for a push), and in case Bale gets another red he's considered a "multiple offender" and gets an even longer ban. For a push.

While Zaza can crush a players knee cap this weekend against Atleti and just gets told off.

3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You are talking about inconsistency in technicalities; whatever the mechanism that took Bale to a red card and a two match ban, the final outcome is more than justified. That whole sequence was disgraceful behaviour and as someone said he should apologize and promise it never happens again. It was not Pepe level meltdown, but I feel like it needs addressing privately and publically.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's your opinion. "Whatever the machanism" is an official who Malaga has requested to never officiate them again.

We should send him to court, and best of all order him to do public service. 100 hours of kit washing should do.

5. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I guess your opinion is he did nothing wrong and shouldn't have been suspended. Such high standards.

6. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Stupid fecking comments from bale today only fueling this prem is the best league shit ... how would you know pal your barely ever play

The Wales international said: "Every game in the Premier League, you have to be at 100 per cent for 90 minutes or you will lose.

"In Spain, you can be up at half-time against the bottom club and take your foot off the gas.

"You can rest players and take people off. If you try for 45 minutes, you won't win a match in the Premier League.

7. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wrote that I give him a couple of games before he gets injured. I was right.
    He should take some of the money he's getting and inject some Adamantium. This guy puts the term injury prune to shame.

8. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Considering he's never won a league title with us, maybe it's time he kept his foot on the pedal. As opposed to saying a league which he has never won, is easy peazy.

RMSocrates, -Reivax-, HZinho and 4 others repped this.
  9. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Very stupid comment if true.

10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Why stupid? We do that a lot. He says against bottom teams we take the foot off the gas when leading after the first half. How is this not true?

11. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He says that can't be done in England or else you'll lose. Which is merely EPL propganda, I guess Tottenham didn't do the same in the 4-0 against the mighty Stoke. Where all 4 goals were scored in the 1st half, and nothing happened in the 2nd. Oh wait, Stoke is a midtable team to boot. :D

I'll say it again, if these lower ranked teams in England are so tough and unbeatable...then let the EPL send them into Europe instead, maybe they'll actually win a prize for a change.

RMSocrates, -Reivax-, Digital and 3 others repped this.
  12. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To make it worse..he went further to say that's the reason that British teams falter in Europe: because they have to play their hardest every game so are usually tired/fatigued by the CL games and that also the lack of a winter break has a major impact on this too.

As if the conditions weren't the same when Man U we're making back to back CL finals and the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal were making it to advanced stages every year in the late 2000s:rolleyes:. Don't know why people can't accept the EPL is no longer the best league and hasn't been for like 6-7 years now.

Digital, Oscar, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I think you are missing his point. He is talking about the performance gap difference between the bottom teams and the top teams in both leagues.

14. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If he likes EPL so much he should go be injured there while getting us 120 M+ in the process.

15. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It doesn't make it a better league. It simply means that the top teams aren't as good as the top teams over here and if RM/Barca were in the EPL they'd be "taking their foot off the gas" after the first half against these lower EPL teams too..

hala_madrid722 and yoanaidarov repped this.
  16. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Of course it does not. Some of you guys hear anything that anyone says about the EPL which is positive and you automatically think that they are saying that EPL is better. In that same interview Bale said that la Liga top teams are the best in Europe.

17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares?

4x4s, libertao and Shay Z repped this.
  18. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems like people on here want to blame all our problems and anxieties on Bale, take a chill pill

19. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    As in being in the favour of the English league, because you "can't take it easy against any English team or you'll lose". :D

If you don't think that's an evaluation of quality between the 2 leagues, a misinformed one at that.... Wait let me rephrase, if you don't think that's trying to make the top league in Europe, look like it's not as good as the 3th league of Europe which was dangerously close to becoming 4th and losing a CL spot, then I don't know what to say to you.

But hey, I'm sure that's only because we have a winter break of 1 week. That's a game changer right there for an entire season.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  20. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why dont we listen or read the whole interview in context before we flip our sh*t?

I'm seeing some people say he was shitting on the EPL and then I come here and we are saying the complete opposite.

21. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    From his comments, it sounded like he was shitting on EPL not La Liga.

22. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  23. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So I'm rereading the article again instead of skimming over like last time. It does kind of look like he is shitting lowkey on La Liga while trying to chastise EPL for failing in UCL. The line on being able to relax after 45 minutes is complete BS especially with our issues this season.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He's definitely shitting on la liga and praising the "competitiveness" of the EPL

yoanaidarov repped this.
  25. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Meh, if someone coughs 100-120 mil he can go play in the "competitive" EPL.

temesgen repped this.