The Walking Dead - season 8

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :D

Yeah, I thought that as well. They could keep it in a sealed plastic bag or other container and spread it on themselves if they got caught somewhere. If it allows you to simply move through even the biggest herds with ease, it's vital, I'd say.

2. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Patience. That's probably coming ;)

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  3. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The lazy writing is getting tiresome. The Browning unloads on Rick's jeep at point blank range and he doesn't take a scratch.
    What are the odds Rick and/or Darryl wind up back in Negan's clutches at some point? Only to miraculously escape. 100%?

4. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Back in the day we used to have the old 'Saturday morning pictures', a film for kids that was cheap and allowed parents to get rid of the children for a couple of hours. They were often a series of stories that would continue from one Saturday to the next.

Most weeks, at the end of the show, the hero would be bound, hand and foot, and tied to something which would lead to his inevitable demise. A rail track was a firm favourite, with an oncoming train, if memory serves.

Anyway, every week the 'hero' would escape death and the method would be summed up by the phrase, '... and with one bound he was free'.

Even as small children it occurred to us that, as he was securely bound and tied, that seemed unlikely. In short, there would be precious little 'bounding' occurring.

Maybe it's just me re-living my childhood but this show seems to be going the same way, as you suggest :(

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    More bad decision making all around.

Rick going alone to the trash people in the hope he can reason with their leader when he knows from past experience she is both:
    1. Unreliable
    2. A few sandwiches short of a picnic

Michonne and Rosita having the upper hand and the element of surprise and still almost messing things up at the Saviors' equipment cache.

Carl and his new buddy attacking those walkers and almost not making it out.

The Hilltop taking in the Saviors as prisoners.

6. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So... Only one more filler episode until we get to the mid-season finale where something might happen or depending on who you believe a major cast member might be leaving.

For a filler episode I thought it was actually good. Yeah, the Carl Siddiq ? with the "oh no, walkers appear" was a waste but what took place at Hilltop was entertaining.

7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I honestly have no comments anymore. I just fast forward the dialogue scenes.

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That as well but, more to the point, you've now got the advantage over the saviours without involving them so WHY do you need them now? Particularly if you've fallen out with Daryl and lost your ride and some protection if things go sideways?

It's obviously just a plot device to create tension with absolutely ZERO connection to reality.

Apparently Rick's this military mastermind, able to wipe out the saviours and leave them imprisoned in their place but now he's a complete klutz who's not able to chew gum and fart at the same time.
    That last one I can sort of understand because it's a moral judgement but I'd be inclined to get rid of some of the unruly elements, (like that mouthy twat who's clearly intent on causing trouble), so they don't create problems among the rest.

Regarding Michonne and Rosita, the thing is, that's just typical of the lack of organisation and discipline these people seem to exhibit which, in their current position, would be vital. They're 2 accomplished fighters, there, in part, to protect the people remaining at Alexandria and they just bugger off to 'have a look at the saviours place'???.

They might think they've got all the saviour outposts but they can't know for sure so, theoretically, they could be attacked at ANY time. As it is they obviously don't know about this place.

TBH, it's almost like a soldier deserting his post at time of war which, I'm pretty sure, they frown on.

9. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't watched since the third episode of season one, but I've kept reading these threads because they are wonderful entertainment (the threads, not the show). But this comment strikes me as a terrific subject for an episode of a revived MythBusters: is it true Rick can't chew gum and fart at the same time? And then the Build Team would set something up, and Jamie and Adam would be ready, and on would stroll Rick - perhaps pursued by Walkers, or Saviors, or both - and he would surely be caught unless he could both fart and chew gum. We'd see if he could do both.

(Sorry to interject; I am sure this is a post which I should have kept to myself.)

malby, Naughtius Maximus and Belgian guy repped this.
  10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You're assuming the writers don't read this thread it seems... IOW, you just HAD to open your big mouth, didn't you :mad:

11. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    So what exactly was Eugene's plan? We didn't get any details as to what it entailed, other than it requiring a lot of ammo. Which was confirmed by the scene in his quarters, in which he heard an endless amount of gunfire whilst drinking. I sure hope his plan was a bit more complex than "We just shoot our way out of here".

13. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to tell. I think he told Negan if everyone uses only one bullet to down a walker they would have enough ammo to survive and punch out of the Sanctuary. Then Eugene as "bullet maker" would make replacement ammo for them? Obviously there was a big block of time unaccounted for between Sanctuary being under siege and when Rick and the garbage group encounter the empty ??? Sanctuary after underwear Rick defeats Winslow 2.0, tackles Jadis and convinces her to side with them for a fourth of the resources and no nekkid heapster art sculpting.

14. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So are we to assume that walkers have a vacation season and decided to all take it at the same time? Having been there for that long it's hard to think of a plausible reason why they're not there.

It's also hard to figure out why Rick's lot have all disappeared as well.

I suppose we're meant to think that somebody has appeared out of nowhere and 'rescued' them by shooting all Rick's snipers, (thus the dead one), and enticed all the walkers away but then, how come, Eugene and Negan didn't seem to know anything about them, or if they did, why the plane/loudspeaker thingie?

We really do seem to be in the 'And with one bound he was free' vicinity :(

Or maybe all the walkers are now inside having been attracted by all the gunfire?

Also, WTF was that business with Rick and the crackpot woman? What was the point of letting a walker munch him... she could have done that days before so why do it then? And what was Rick's plan with her? Does he honestly still think she can be trusted? Did he not watch the season 7 finale like the rest of us?

And what's the matter with Gabriel? He's got the sniffles, apparently, from... er.... something.

This season finale has some serious ground to make up because this has totally gone off the rails.

15. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I hate myself for continuing to watch this.

Grouchy and Belgian guy repped this.
  16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The thing is, it's still kinda entertaining but it's now almost getting to the point where flesh-eating zombies are the most believable thing about it :D

malby and Belgian guy repped this.
  17. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just gotta stomach one more tonight before dropping it, continuing self hate or being glad you stuck it out.

18. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    This must be the worst eight episode run this show has had to date.

Of all the dumb things in last night's episode, Maggie just surrendering to the Saviors when the Saviors didn't have the superior numbers nor the strategic advantage was the worst. Basically if that had turned into a firefight, the Saviors would have lost a lot of guys even if they had ultimately defeated Maggie and her crew. Why would she surrender to Dollar store Jack Elam when she had good reason to believe that Negan would have just ordered to have them all killed? At least put up a fight.

mike4066 and mwulf67 repped this.
  19. mwulf67

mwulf67 Member+

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Couldn’t agree more…everything about this season has been just so damn stupid…nobody’s motivations or actions make a lick of sense…

20. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or why did Simon let her go unaccompanied back to the hilltop in the first place?

Why was Negan waiting alone for Rick? Why did Rick use the non-barbed wire end of Lucille to attack Negan?

I did like the scene between Carl and Negan and the scorched earth attack on Alexandria.

21. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Carl somehow doesn't turn....He should, but it doesn't happen...

22. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    He has to or that would be taking things too far.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  23. mwulf67

mwulf67 Member+

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wouldn't put it pass this show one bit....the idea that small handful might be immune is hardly something new to the genre….

Not saying I think or hope will happen....

24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Has it become a radio show now? I ask because I've just watched... well, something and I couldn't see a bloody thing. It was pitch black for almost the entire episode.

I could see some squiggles and blobs moving around and there was one bit where Rick and Carl, (or 'Coral' as his dad seems to call him for some reason... probably a nickname), are walking along but, other than that it was hard to figure out WHAT was going on.

I could see one part where the young girl, (I forget the name), and the gay fella were driving along, presumably going to see the women near the sea that had legged it from Negan's group after their men were all killed. But then, for some unfathomable reason, they decided to have a little nap for what must have been several hours because, obviously, creeping up on them in the middle of the night... yeah, THAT won't be creepy, will it?!

It seemed to be suggested this was necessary because they wanted to take a load of booze as a 'gift', (coz that's what ALL post zombie apocalypse groups need... it's not like strong liquor means you won't have your wits about you, is it), but they never seemed to get to the point of explaining WHY that might be necessary.

As I keep saying, it's entertaining but, really... this is getting beyond a joke.

25. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Chandler Riggs just started college this fall.
    I wondered prior to the start of the season how they would handle that.
    I guess it looks like they shot some stuff with him before the start of the semester and now he might be written out of the show entirely?
    I never got to this point of the comics, but I'm pretty sure Carl is not supposed to die in the war against the Saviors.