The Walking Dead (Season 2) [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Goodsport, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Really? Because the last 3 episodes have been waaaaaaaaay better than the episodes before the break, IMO.

2. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet the Zombie could not pull himself out of the mud?

3. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How else did he get in the field :)

4. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the point of watching a TV show that you don't like?

5. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's zombies.

One thing I actually liked about the last episode was the little town meeting scene. I liked it because the characters talked about what might happen if they let the kid live. They talked through the real possible scenarios. This was refreshing, because it was the first time the characters demonstrated the capacity to think through the possible consequences of their choices and actions.

6. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Zombies

7. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Liking the genre is one reason. The other is trying to understand exactly what is so fake, hypocritical and absurdly condescending about it, especially after that last episode.

8. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    What's going on with that T-Dog guy? He hasn't done anything all season. :D He must think that the show is Survivor: Georgia and he's just going to fly under the radar and be the last one left.

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not a lot of good comedies on tv nowadays.

10. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I noticed that even though he was on camera a few times, he didn't have a single word of dialog. I assume this has something to do with his pay for this appearance?

11. BirdsonFire

BirdsonFire Member

May 9, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Not a lot of good shows period.

12. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just read a complete breakdown of everything that happens in the next episode. It's about to get interesting.

13. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so for the upcoming thread posts:

Cue the 5 posters who are mad it is veering so far away from the comic...

Cue the 3 posters who think the characters are so horrible that they can't believe anyone still watches...

Cue the 3 posters who feel that the writers that had already taken this show to hell have now actually gone further...

Cue the 2 who feel that the show wasted time in the episode with dialogue that wasn't logical...

Cue the 2 who wanted to see more violence...

Cue the 3 who feel that the show is only bending to the 95% of the viewers and the ignorant and tasteless demands they make...

Cue the 4 who are mad that the kid is a bad example of a kid...

Cue the 6 who feel that under the same circumstances so-and-so would have done something different...

Cue the 4 posters who say the scene lacked realism despite the undead being a HUGE portion of the episode

Cue the 2 posters who say that BESIDES THE UNDEAD, it wasn't realistic...

Cue the 3 who see the whole thing as a waste of time yet continue to watch...

Cue the 16 who actually won't post but are entertained both by the show in all its faults and glory and by the ridiculousness of the snobbery about the show in this thread...

amen, hallelujah, where's the tylenol?

14. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8z_dJoWjP4"]The Walking Dead Alternate Intro - YouTube[/ame]

15. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot the handful of us who don't watch the show but surely do enjoy this thread. :)

16. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Who's the other one? ;)

17. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like you're referring to a different thread. I don't remember most of these things ever being said here.

18. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I'm amused by the notion that I would be snobbish about movies and TV. The reality is actually quite the opposite, it does not take much to please/entertain me, which makes it only so much more damning that this show still manages to fall short.

19. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nope.

Just thought it was interesting.

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm the same way, but when you take something that I really enjoy reading and shred it to bits (and in turn make it worse) it annoys me. I have no idea why I still watch the show, maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment.

This reminds me of the Watchmen movie, something that was far more faithful to the comic than this show, and the controversy it caused in this forum. I went back and re-read parts of that thread a couple months ago. What a trip that was.

22. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing is that I am snobbish when it comes to TV, movies, music, and books and I think this TV show is well done. It is 99% better than any other crap on TV. I have been a part of two other threads on other forums about this show and this is the only one where people complain about it. Yeah, there is always comments about why something was done but the overwhelming tone is positive. For some reason here, it isnt.

23. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The problem with Watchmen was a too literal adaptation. Which just goes to show what a difficult exercise it is to make a good transfer to another medium.

The reason why the opening credits scene was the best part of the movie is that Snyder actually interpreted some of the material (mostly the addendums that came at the end of each comic), as opposed to putting it almost page by page and frame by frame on the big screen.

24. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Watchmen stands up over time though. That's one I can periodically go back and watch again.

25. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That makes one of us.

Worst film I've seen in last ten years after Sucker Punch. Don't think Snyder understood source material but understood even less the two mediums.