The Vietnam Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by ntn1987, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    What is the meaning of ngay?

2. vanacvn

vanacvn New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Oh, so sorry... NGAY means DAY

3. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    I see. Thanks. :)

4. lsh47

lsh47 New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Actually Binh Duong's Kesley is my favourite striker (he is on my avatar). His moving and shots are very unpredictable. But in V-league, Almeida's physical and aerial superiority gives him a lot of advantages against Vietnamese defenders. That's why he scored a bunch of goals and won the best player prize in 2007 and 2008.

Kesley's technique is excellent but he has some personal problems. Hopefully he will soon get back to the game and help Binh Duong win V-League 2010. Then he would be the best again as he was in 2004.:D

5. VFFman

VFFman New Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Kesley, I don't like him because he alway be wheedle! I like Philani with his left-leg, but he doen't like. He said that "I am not young so I want to dedicate my remain caeer for Binh Duong FC. Fortunately I get to South Affica, hehe!" :D

6. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    It seem V-league may nt hve a team in next year ACL playoff

I guess they may nt hve done the upgrading AFC demanded of them so V-league may hve to play in AFC Cup again

7. lsh47

lsh47 New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  8. vanacvn

vanacvn New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    V-league has at least one club in next year ACL play-off. The last season, because Becamex Binh Duong didn't meet AFC demand in professional standard of one club so they missed the ACL play-off. So if Da Nang want to play in ACL, they have to improve at once

9. lsh47

lsh47 New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There are still some months until the next ACL. Let's wait to see if Da Nang has done anything to meet AFC's demands. If not, i think playing in AFC Cup is ok for them.
    Da Nang, Binh Duong and one more team from V-League would compete in AFC Cup next year if Binh Duong proceed to the AFC Cup 2009 final. Then Vietnamese sides would be a great force.

10. vanacvn

vanacvn New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ho Chi Minh City International Cup:
    Singapore-Korea University 1-0
    Vietnam-Turmenistan 1-0

Singapore was so bad today but they're not always a pushover.
    Korea University is too young and not enough experience for an international tournament.

11. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Let's give this thread a bit of a bump:

V. League News

The Cong was renamed after their long-time sponsor Viettel in October

In November, Fourth Military Zone (Quân Khu 4 FC) was renamed, i'm not sure what too, but possibly something along the lines of their sponsor Navibank.

Can anyone confirm what they were named as?

12. lsh47

lsh47 New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The Cong has been taken over by Thanh Hoa FC. So no club is named The Cong or Viettel FC now. Some young The Cong players were moved to Viettel Football Center, a club playing in first division. The rest were moved to Thanh Hoa FC.

About Fourth Military Zone, that's true. The club was renamed to Navibank Sai Gon.

13. Et3rnal L1ght

Et3rnal L1ght New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Vietnam
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    Last week, HAGL has decided to release Lee Nguyen's contract.

In the latest news, Navibank Saigon FC (formerly known as Forth Military Zone) has annoced that they're considering signing a contract with Patrick Kluivert.

14. Et3rnal L1ght

Et3rnal L1ght New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Vietnam
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    The announced squad of the U23 team that will participate in the upcoming SEA Games 25:

Goalkeepers (2): Tấn Trường (Đồng Tháp), Khoa Điển (TP HCM)

Defenders (8): Xuân Hợp, Minh Đức (Thanh Hóa), Đại Đồng (T&T Hà Nội), Long Giang (Tiền Giang), Hoàng Quảng (SHB Đà Nẵng), Ngọc Anh (Nam Định), Công Minh, Đình Đồng (Sông Lam Nghệ An).

Midlefielders (8): Trọng Hoàng, Văn Bình (Sông Lam Nghệ An), Thái Dương (HA.Gia Lai), Thành Lương (Hà Nội ACB), Thanh Hưng (SHB Đà Nẵng), Quý Sửu (Đồng Tháp), Tiến Thành (Ninh Bình), Danh Ngọc (Nam Định).

Strikers (4): Thanh Bình (Đồng Tâm Long An), Đình Tùng (Thanh Hóa), Mạnh Dũng (Nam Định), Ngọc Anh (Sông Lam Nghệ An).

15. Et3rnal L1ght

Et3rnal L1ght New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Vietnam
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    The Vietnam U23 team has qualified for the SEA Games 25 semi-final as the group's top team. Their next opponent is Singapore. Thailand, the defending champions and Vietnam's biggest rivalry, has been eliminated after a surprising 2-1 lost against Malaysia.

The results of Vietnam's matches:

Vietnam - Thailand: 1-1
    Vietnam - East Timor: 4-0
    Vietnam - Malaysia: 3-1
    Vietnam - Campodia: 6-1

16. robert690

robert690 New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    The 3rd league is the Second Division which has 16 teams, both professional and semi-professional, divided into 3 groups (2 5-team groups and 1 6-team group). Teams play in round robin format. the 3 top teams as well as the 2nd team with most points qualifies for promotion playoff. The 2 winners are promoted to First Division. No teams are relegated. No foreign players are permitted to play.

I was wondering if you can tell me club teams in this league, [[vietnam second division]]

17. robert690

robert690 New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    The 3rd league is the Second Division which has 16 teams, both professional and semi-professional, divided into 3 groups (2 5-team groups and 1 6-team group). Teams play in round robin format. the 3 top teams as well as the 2nd team with most points qualifies for promotion playoff. The 2 winners are promoted to First Division. No teams are relegated. No foreign players are permitted to play.

I was wondering if you can tell me club teams in this league, vietnam second division http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_Second_Division

18. lsh47

lsh47 New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    2010 is coming soon and this Vietnam thread has reached more than 50 pages. Should we start a new thread ?

19. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Yes, agreed,

I will be once again creating a page on Wikipedia for the division, so any information would be very helpful

20. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    T&T Hanoi, only formed in 2006 have today been crowned 2010 V League Champions.

The first time the championship has gone into Northern Vietnam since 2001!

Well done.

21. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  22. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    2011 Season Set To Begin

Super Cup kicks off this weekend between league champions T&T Hanoi and cup winners Song Lam Nghe An.

The V-League opens on the 22nd January:

Opening Fixtures:

Becamex Binh Duong - The Vissai Ninh Bình
    Dong Tam Long An - Song Lam Nghe An
    Navibank Saigon - Dong Thap FC
    SHB-Da Nang - Hoang Anh Gia Lai
    T&T Ha Noi - Hoa Phat Hanoi
    Thanh Hoa FC - Ha Noi ACB
    Xi Mang Hai Phong - Khatoco Khanh Hoa

23. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Super Cup belongs to T&T after beating Song Lam on penalties after a 2:2 draw.

24. incredibleSE

incredibleSE Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Thanks for the updates, druryfire! My vietnamese reading skills are lacking and I usually depend on thanhniennews.com but they are very slow to translate the articles.

25. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Yeah, thats what i've noticed aswell, I use http://english.vietnamnet.vn/en/sports/index.html but again, they seem a bit slow on the uptake at times.

Another place to visit is this blog http://vietfootball.blogspot.com/ it seems to have a bit of insight into the game. It's a good place to understand the game and even has reports on the Vietnamese Cup currently being played which the newspapers can't be bothered to cover.