The Unbeaten and the Unblemished

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by gsterp, Sep 6, 2017.

1. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i don't trust our young attack to carry us all the way to a championship. i haven't seen many of the other upper echelon teams, but i'm sure there are about a dozen teams who would be good enough to win it on their day. once you're talking about those top 10 or so teams, any of them could go on a run and win it. i wouldn't be surprised if IU made the CC, but i sure wouldn't bet on it.

OverseasView repped this.
  2. theatric7

theatric7 Member

Nov 12, 2011
    FIU has yet to beat a team in the top 25. Simply for this fact, I wouldn't even give them a seed for the tournament. It'll be interesting to see if they are able to score against better teams. They've been scored on by every top 50 team they have played and in most cases more than once. These are not the stats of teams that usually make a run in the tournament.

I second Sandon's opinion about IU, in that defense wins games come tournament time. Stanford didn't score a goal in last year's CC to win it, and in 2015 was the only team to score a goal in the CC. So IU is as capable as anyone else of winning it all.

BigRedFootie, SBZipfan and OverseasView repped this.
  3. SBZipfan

SBZipfan Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Santa Barbara, CA
    That's an amazing fact ...

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Congratulations to Indiana, the last team standing without a loss after Florida International fell to Charlotte in the CUSA semifinals.

BigRedFootie repped this.
  5. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Didn't do us a lot of good - we keep falling in the RPI.

6. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Just need to be top 4 tomorrow afternoon.

Will beating the No. 27 team be enough to move them up one spot?

7. SBZipfan

SBZipfan Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I believe IU is a lock for a top-4 seed, win or lose tomorrow.

BigRedFootie repped this.