The Ultimate Fighter - Serra/Hughes [R]

Discussion in 'MMA' started by TheSlipperyOne, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought I saw him do that, too. It was kinda quick, like he was going to tap but then decided to try and keep fighting.

2. mintone

mintone New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Seattle
    Its kind of funny, I live less than 50 miles from the "farmers" home town. If you can call it that. It is one of those towns if your driving trough, if you blink you will miss it.

But I had the idea that War Machine would lose. He is a head case if the footage for the show is anything to go by.

3. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I wonder what a Tommy Speer v. Roman Mitichyan fight would've turned out.

4. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    Well Serra picked Roman so he must have had skills. He did not pick war machine Dana got him.

5. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    Well Danzic is good he beat John easy.

But don't believe anyone who said Serra had the freedim to match Danzic with the other Hughes fighter the farmer.

Hughes and Serra are going to bowl for money on the next show? They looked like 2 women trying to bowl funny.

6. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Good for John for wanting to fight Mac. Too bad he was completely overmatched.

Everyone already knows Hughes is a dick but he really drove the point home with the way he reacted when Serra's guys who had to go to his team wanted to talk with him and his coaches.

Sucks to be them as they will get screwed in being trained and coached.

7. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    Well Richie has to fight George. George will win that even if Richie had Serra.

The other guy the BJJ guy will beat the Serra guy Rude Boy whenhe is brought down he won't be able to get up to hit him.

Good fight will be tall kid against Hughes guy the farmer. Tal guy likes to kick farmer likes to catch those kicks and take him down.

The tall guy said he is good on the ground will see if he is or not.

8. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. Mac is clearly the best one in the house - looking forward to the final between him and George.

9. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having said that, I wonder if Tommy's strength is going to be too much for George (now that we know the Semi-Final matchups).

Tommy did well to withstand Ben's initial assault and just overwhelmed him on the ground. Easy decision there.

10. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a psychic or something. Wow, Tommy just overwhelmed George.

-- HEY, GEORGE! You had five minutes to recover from that eye poke! Might wanna take that whole time next time.

-- I am way psyched for that finale show now. Great season.

11. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    George should have taken his time. Before the poke Tommy was ahead a by a little in the round but George lost the fight because he came back when he still couldn't see out of his left eye.

When the fight resumed every punch Tommy landed was to George's left and that's how he got floored.

- My question now that the main part of the season is over is who is considered the winning coach? Hughes because the final is 2 of his fighters or Serra who coached more fighters to wins?

We already saw Hughes' ego last night saying it was him even though only 2 of his guys ever won fights.

12. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll say that Hughes got the two best fighters in the house, so I'll give him the nod in identifying talent, but I think that Serra got quite bit out of a couple of fairly limited guys.

I dunno. It's all about results though, so I'd call Hughes the winner.