The U.S. U-15 Program (2017/18 thread)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by ussoccer97531, Dec 30, 2017.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    '04 age group.

2. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Are you sure about 04 age group? You did a thread 2 months ago about a U-14 camp in Chula Vista with 03s.

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I'm assuming you missed that event on Sunday night at, oh, about midnight or so.

4. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    If 2003s are playing as U-14 in 2017, then wouldn’t they be the U-15s in 2018 instead of the 2004s?

5. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It should work that way, but US Soccer revolves the naming of the age groups based on the youth World Cups. So our current U-20 team are really U-19's and the current U-17 team are really U-16's.

6. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Hmm, ok

7. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #7 ussoccer97531, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Roster in second photo. Taylor Booth's younger brother and Kevin Kelley ('05) of PSG on the roster.

ChuckMe92 and Gacm32 repped this.
  8. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noted by USA Prospects on Twitter that FC Dallas academy keeper Antonio Carrera is a big prospect, one that may well be the next big USA/Mex battle. Good to see him in camp with the US. El Tri's youth teams have had four FC Dallas keepers in recent years: Richard Sanchez, Jesse Gonzalez, Carlos Avilez, and Jose Carlos Mercado.

Lookingforleftbacks and ckajMonet repped this.
  9. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Found this:

ckajMonet repped this.
  11. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Is it safe to assume Kenan Hot is related to former YNTer Sacir Hot in some way?

12. C-Rob

C-Rob Member

May 31, 2000
    Some interesting things (for me) from that roster:

--Five players from the state of Washington...and only one is affiliated with Sounders FC.
    --There are more LAFC (4) players than Galaxy players (1). For that matter, there are 10 clubs with more players on this roster than LAG.
    --Great to see USL teams with solid representation (5 of 36, spread across three clubs). Although still not a big number, it is a growing number, and all are players with a pathway to train and play with pros

TheFalseNine, TxEx and TarHeels17 repped this.
  13. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    That is one Hot take. ;)

14. asoc

asoc Member+

Sep 28, 2007
    Tacoma
    At this age group the Sounders don't have an official Academy team.
    They have their Sounders Discovery Program.
    Kids play on their normal club teams and then get invited to meet once or twice a week for additional training. They will still put teams together to go to tournaments etc. Unless they bump them up an age group. Which happens frequently enough.

https://www.soundersfc.com/post/201...yers-called-united-states-youth-national-team
    Ten Seattle Sounders Academy players called into United States Youth National Team January camps
    Sounders Academy had 10 players called up to the recent camps. 6 for the summit and 4 at this camp.

15. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Good player and good music Imagine Dragons....

16. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering where I knew the name from. There's always those videos of 10 year olds claiming to be the next Messi, so I made a playlist of those that actually look pretty good. Turns out Evan's is in there, and was one of the really popular ones back in the day.

He's also trained with Arsenal and Man City, and has a French passport.

17. El Tuca Ferretti

Tigres
    United States
    Jan 7, 2018
    Oscar Rincon only plays for the Sounders 03 Academy
    920017238488256512 is not a valid tweet id

18. asoc

asoc Member+

Sep 28, 2007
    Tacoma
    Yes, he is playing up. I mentioned that in my post that that can happen. It's also in the article I linked.

19. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Rincon played at the DA showcase. Thats the only player of the '04 age group I've seen play so far. Here's what I observed. I wasn't able to tell much, but the fact that for a good academy like Seattle he was playing for the U-17's as a 13 year old likely should bode well for his future. He could be one of the top players of this age group.

TheFalseNine repped this.
  20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    One thing I like about the videos of Rotundo is his passing ability. There are only a few attacking mids in our player pool that have that type of incisive passing. He shows the ability to play players open. In those videos, he is unsettling defenses with his passing, a lot of early passes before defenders expect passes to be played and before they can react.

Maybe it won't translate, and no one will remember his name in a few years, but one thing that you can tell from those videos is extremely high level passing.

butters59 and Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  21. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ielag repped this.
  22. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Had no idea that OKC Energy had a youth program.

TheFalseNine repped this.
  23. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know! And just up the road from me. We have twice as many players in this camp as PSG. :D:D

24. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...-heads-to-chula-vista-for-second-camp-of-2018

The U.S. Under-15 Boys’ National Team will hold its next training camp March 4-11 in Chula Vista, Calif. Head coach Dave van den Bergh has called up 36 players, all born in 2004 and will lead the side in matches against mixed birth year players from FC Golden State and Liga MX side Club Tijuana.

Roster by Position:
    GOALKEEPERS (4): Damian Alguera (De Anza Force; San Jose, Calif.), Josh Nadison (Cedar Stars Academy - Bergen; Upper Montclair, N.J.), Mikah Seger (D.C. United; Indian Head, Md.), Gabriel Slonina (Chicago Fire; Addison, Ill.)

DEFENDERS (11): Noah Allen (Weston FC; Pembroke Pines, Fla.), Avery Miles (D.C. United; Washington D.C.), John Carlos Cortez (New York Red Bulls; Ridgewood, N.J.), Brandan Craig (Philadelphia Union; Philadelphia, Pa.), Cooper Flax (New York City FC; Dix Hills, N.Y.), Antonio Leone (Los Angeles Football Club; Long Beach, Calif.), Ryan Quintos (Sockers FC; Glen Ellyn, Ill.), Justin Reynolds (Chicago Fire; Chicago, Ill.), Levi Stephens (Internationals Soccer Club; Akron, Ohio), Devan Tanton (UE Cornella/ESP; Barcelona, Spain), Beau Yantz (Los Angeles Football Club; Redondo Beach, Calif.)

MIDFIELDERS (12): Juan Alvarez (Seattle Sounders FC; Tukwila, Wash.), Zack Booth (La Roca; Eden, Utah), Wyatt Borso (Sockers FC; Aurora, Ill.), Cesar Elizalde (FC Dallas; Little Elm, Texas), Kenan Hot (Players Development Academy; Lincroft, N.J.), Samuel Kolby (Atlanta United FC; Smyrna, Ga.), Brendan Lambe (North Carolina FC; Apex, N.C.), Nicolas Perez Guillen (Toluca/MEX; Guadalajara, Mexico), Dylan Presto (Los Angeles Football Club; Porter Ranch, Calif.), Rokus Pukstas (Oklahoma City Energy FC; Stillwater, Okla.), Allen Rodriguez (Indiana Fire Academy; Elkhart, Ind.), Evan Rotundo (San Diego Surf; La Mesa, Calif.)

FORWARDS (9): Austin Brummett (Seattle Sounders FC; Seattle, Wash.), Ben Burns (Pacific Northwest Soccer Club; Issaquah, Wash.), Osvaldo Cisneros (Sporting Kansas City; Parkville, Mo.), Daniel Gutierrez-Jaime (Oklahoma City Energy FC; Oklahoma City, Okla.), Rafael Jauregui (Sacramento Republic FC; Rancho Cordova, Calif.), Marvin Mariche Prudente (North Carolina FC; Raleigh, N.C.), Korede Osundina (Crossfire Premier; Redmond, Wash.), Aran Perez (Weston FC; Miami, Fla.), Favian Vazquez (FC Golden State; Corona Calif.)

Winoman repped this.
  25. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Taylor Booth has a brother?