The Trump Presidency VII :: Simpletons, Wankpuffins, Bawbags & Erstwhile Lawyers

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, May 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It came from the NYT originally. But still needs to be consumed with salt, because the ultimate source is a pollster. And those guys fake it, a lot.

2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    The red wave is coming!

dapip, song219 and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our president is either mentally ill, senile, or both.

"“If I did one mistake with Comey, I should have fired him before I got here. I should have fired him the day I won the primaries,” Trump told the Hill."

4. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  5. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I vote for all three. He's also the Worst. Boss. Ever.

That said, it takes a special person to get me to kinda like Jeff Sessions. Give Trump credit for being that special person.

Deadtigers, Belgian guy, xtomx and 2 others repped this.
  6. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I wouldn't go that far. I would still like to see Sessions standing in a cesspool with sewage up to his neck. But while there I'd hope he was standing on Trump's shoulders.

luftmensch, El Naranja, sitruc and 8 others repped this.
  7. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Trump's had that effect on a lot of Republicans for me: Ted Cruz, John McCain, Jeff Flake, both Bush brothers, Carly Fiorina, hell, even Marco Rubio.

It would take a bit more of his "magic" for Joe Arpaio, Roy Moore and Mitch McConnell, but hey, the Trump presidency is still young. Let's see what the next two years brings.

dapip and JohnR repped this.
  8. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    "James Comey? Donald J. Trump here from my exquisite office on top of Trump Tower"

"Well hello, Mr. Trump. What can I do for you?"

"Comey - yer fired. Go clean out yer desk"

"Hold on, this is June 2016. You can't do that."

"Well I just did. Thanks for your service. Eric - send him a box for his stuff"

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/4...rrupt-fbi-probe-could-be-crowning-achievement

This shit is bonkers. And a reminder that Trump hasn't done a press conference in a year and a half.

"President Trump in an exclusive interview with Hill.TV said Tuesday he ordered the release of classified documents in the Russia collusion case to show the public the FBI probe started as a “hoax” and that exposing it could become one of the “crowning achievements” of his presidency."

He really thinks there's a conspiracy against him.

It reminds me of the time my dad got pneumonia, which meant he couldn't drink the 4 beers a day he'd been drinking for about 60 years at that point. Which cause him to suffer from some form of the DTs. He kept referring to a dark conspiracy against him by me and my sister and my mom.

In his own way my dad was tough as nails. He quit alcohol cold turkey, immediately.

russ, sitruc, Deadtigers and 4 others repped this.
  10. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That would be a very shallow pool (ha)

Stand on the shoulder of giants.
    Well, giant asshats.

11. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Oh, not Ted Cruz.
    He is one oily, odious, thoroughly unpleasant sack of smarmy crap.
    That man gives me the creeps.

12. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I can't imagine cheering for Joe unless he had one gun, and Hitler had the other. But yeah, maybe the Trump magic will extend that far.

13. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Agreed.

But Trump slandered his father, and Ted's wife... I mean, she's suffered enough, but no spouse, no woman, no person, ought to take what Trump said about her.

14. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And even still, that sack of shit didn't even stand up for his own wife! He still groveled to kiss Trump's fat, orange ass and made calls on his behalf.

I hope Beto O'Rourke uses lots of Trump's anti-Cruz messaging in his campaign. How can he stand up for Texas when he can't even stand up for his wife?

15. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I read that as over-the-top, then realized that the right (joined by the national media) attacked Mike Dukasis for exactly that reason -- that a man who won't stand up for his own wife (in a hypothetical question) couldn't be trusted to stand up for the country.

So sure, Beto, go at it.

Deadtigers repped this.
  16. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #9341 InTheSun, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    This right here. I'd be running with that 24/7. Weakness/Loss of face seems to be the only thing that works with trump voters.

Edit: Scratch that. Beto is a 4th generation Texan. Smarmy Ted is a carpet bagger. What the hell does he even know about bar-b-que. lol I'd run with that too.

charlie15 repped this.
  17. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  18. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I don't think Beto even needs to go there. Ted is doing his work for him, by reminding Texas voters that there is only one born-and-bred Texan in the campaign -- and it ain't him. Plus, that whole BBQ thing reeks of desperation. It makes Ted look scared.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  19. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People should go to Cruz events and loudly serenade him with "O Canada."

superdave repped this.
  20. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Sure, dude.

21. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Beto should hold a free, y'all come Barbie on Teds front lawn.

22. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    That's exactly why the Deep State blocked their entrance, isn't it? I'm not saying you're stupid or anything. but it seems obvious to me...:whistling:

chaski, Belgian guy and song219 repped this.
  23. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    It's just so hard to laugh at Roy More's Alabama any more. Really hard!

A new creationist theme park in Lenox, Alabama is run by a Baptist preacher who believes that dinosaurs only grew so large because they were lizards who lived for 900 years and never stopped growing.

In an interview with AL.com, creationist Kent Hovind explains how his new theme park, called Dinosaur Adventure Land, will teach young people about his own scientifically illiterate theories about the existence of dinosaurs.

“It’s very simple,” he tells AL.com. “Before the flood came, in the days of Noah, the Bible says that people lived to be 900 years old. Genesis Chapter 5 tells us that. Well, I taught biology and reptiles never stop growing. What would happen to a reptile if he could live to be 900? That’s the dinosaurs. No big mystery.”

24. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I've been to this theme park.

Bootsy Collins and dapip repped this.
  25. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Not quite.

Due to my own troubles with a sociopath I read up quite a lot on the behaviours

He does understand at some level that he is lying. But the truth (that he is a cheat and a fraud) causes him internal stress and pain - thus he will engage in outrageous deception to avoid the shame of it.

A shining recent example was the murder of Helen Bailey in the UK. Her partner threw her in an old cess pit on the property and pretended she was missing. At trial he testified to a bizarre conspiracy that no one with any sense of self respect would contemplate. Simply embarassing and obvious that no one would believe him. But for the sociopath, even absurd lies are preferable to admitting the truth. See also Jodi Arias

russ and soccernutter repped this.