The Trump Presidency VII :: Simpletons, Wankpuffins, Bawbags & Erstwhile Lawyers

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, May 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It was certainly more common in the gay male community than straight community, although the least common in the lesbian community. It was also prevalent in some other groups.

They lost that battle on jobs so they’ve simply redirected it onto other issues targeting LGBT lives. The focus now is on open legitimised discrimination against us for “religious freedom”, which I’m guessing will eventually be argued to include some jobs. So no, it doesn’t make the point for you. They are just as cruel and bigoted as ever.

2. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
  3. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Since we have to pander to Prez. WATB, have ICE agents ask immigrants "were you ever, or do you intend to be, a member of MS 13?" That, pinatas and taco bowls are literally all he knows about Central America and its people.

4. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    You, @superdave and @JohnR are all arguing the same point and kind of cross-talking past each other. As a Gay, Sounders you guys have been not like by any religious type for years, so all this is not new to you. The point Dave and John are making is that at some point we fought the war to move past racism. Racism was not dead but it was generally accepted that outright shit like Roseanne was not excused then it was excused. The move to Xenophobia happened and most of us are not surprised but what is surprising is we are going backwards on the racism front, the Gay fort is under attack and now the Xenophobic wing is under heavy bombardment. We thought we had gotten to a point where all we would have to fight is ended of the Visa lottery and family migration not open racism, the fight to punish gays for being gay and Cruel Xenophobia like separating families. It is the idea that all that progress on several fronts are under attack. We really thought it was universally accepted that you couldn't outwardly make ape jokes about black people and get away with it. It is now all back and we have to fight on all fronts.

soccernutter, Sounders78 and superdave repped this.
  5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fifty years getting back to October 2016.

6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At last he is finally clear....He is just holding the kids hostages.

bigredfutbol and sitruc repped this.
  7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some push back from a couple of R's...

bigredfutbol repped this.
  8. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    This is also a lie

He is not goal oriented - the abuse and power over the kids is the part he likes

He isn't go to stop any more than a abusive spouse will stop if you be nice to him

9. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The R's will pay a price for this in november....They have to!

M, bigredfutbol, sitruc and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like Jesus would do...

11. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That is beyond awful.

12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But they won't. These are brown skinned children, so they don't count.

I hope I'm wrong. But my faith in humanity took a few blows since 2016 that will take a while to heal.

M, Sounders78, sitruc and 3 others repped this.
  13. CFnwside

CFnwside Member+

Jan 25, 2001
    Humboldt Park
    There are two types of people in America right now, in 2018, where Trump (R) is president and we're building concentration camps for children - those who will vote D in November up and down the ballot, including cross guard and dog catcher, and those who won't. I'll leave it at that in an attempt to be a new, kinder CFnwside.

JohnR, Sounders78 and dapip repped this.
  14. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I think for once the press is doing what they use to do and that is not letting go of a bone. They are not letting him shift the narrative and thankfully others feeling shame (which Trump and Trumpers don't but other GOP people feel) is eating away at it. Fox is trying to push it away but every news source is not letting it go and call his blaming of Dems a lie. Repeated and concentrated bombardment is creating success.

soccernutter, Deep Wilcox and charlie15 repped this.
  15. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a week, they'll be talking about the next issue and the kids will still be separated from their parents.

song219, El Naranja, Sounders78 and 3 others repped this.
  16. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Interesting article about the poison of this policy on the GOP

But I think it still makes the mistake of believing Trump is a rational actor motivated by political goals

bigredfutbol and dapip repped this.
  17. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May be but this story will be hard to move to the side. It will stick.
    I agree with @The Jitty Slitter here, Those who don't vote for the D's in November, are simply condoning and supporting fascism in America.

raza_rebel, M, JohnR and 3 others repped this.
  18. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep telling yourself that.. People thought the same about Puerto Rico, but when was the last time the media mentioned the crap that's going on there? Outside of Puerto Ricans, who cares enough about the clusterf**k in Puerto Rico to make it an issue for a Republican running for Congress?

The press simply can't follow a long term scandal outside of the Mueller investigation. Even then, its because there are frequent leaks of new information for them to cover. In a week, the media will move on to the latest Trump scandal because they will get bored of showing brown kids in cages..

M, American Brummie, InTheSun and 4 others repped this.
  19. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A friend of mine sent me this. I will let the lawyers comment and respond...

Lots of legal experts weighing in (incl Amnesty Intl) that policy of destroying intact families for coercive purposes meets the definition of torture under both US & international law. This means Sessions, Nielsen etc could be prosecuted & jailed.

Deadtigers, M, Sounders78 and 1 other person repped this.
  20. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think we are all speculating now....Let's revisit this a month form now or more we importantly in November. That is when we will really know....

21. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Ann Coulter has seen through this Democratic scam.
    All those kids you see on TV are paid plants. Radical political actors.

What a lovely lady.

https://thebea.st/2leVf6C?via=ios

Sounders78 repped this.
  22. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    He will do something worse anyway

Sounders78 repped this.
  23. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's my point. The media treats each scandal as if it is the first scandal instead of tying it into a general pattern of incompetence and corruption.

24. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those numbers are brutal.....Damaging.

Big Majority Oppose Trump’s Separation Policy

A new Quinnipiac poll finds that American voters oppose the policy of separating children and parents when families illegally cross the border into America by a wide margin, 66% to 27%.
    However, Republican voters support the separation policy 55% to 35%, the only listed party, gender, education, age or racial group to support it.

American voters also support 79% to 15% allowing immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children, so-called “Dreamers,” to remain and ultimately to apply for citizenship.

Deadtigers and sitruc repped this.
  25. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    That 55% of Republicans support this is equally stunning. Think of that...for every Republican you talk to, there is a better tha. 50/50 chance they support this.

Ask me why I should ever seek middle ground.

raza_rebel, Mike03, Deadtigers and 8 others repped this.