The Trump Presidency V: New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    The best words always:

Once settled in, Trump delivered his prepared remarks. “The Civil Rights Museum records the oppression, cruelty, and injustice inflicted on the African-American community,” he read. “The fight to end slavery, to break down Jim Crow, to end segregation, to gain the right to vote, and to achieve the sacred birthright of equality.”

Following applause, Trump adlibbed. “That’s big stuff,” the president said. “That’s big stuff. Those are very big phrases, very big words.”

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovemen...eech_at_mississippi_civil_rights_museum_video

luftmensch and usscouse repped this.
  2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would also have added Don Lemon to the bolded list. I have a time frame of 30 to 40 minutes of listening time recently, and his interviews last an hour or so, mostly why I haven't been listening to them.

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politics/richard-shelby-roy-moore-sotu-cnntv/index.html

Sen. Richard Shelby says he wants a Republican elected to the Senate on Tuesday to represent Alabama, but that he didn't vote for GOP candidate Roy Moore in the special election.

The Alabama Republican said he's already cast his ballot, and that he chose a write-in candidate.

That's one vote against Moore.

4. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    But not the biggest and the best, of course-- those are things like "Lock her up" and "Nasty woman" and "Sad" and "Bad hombres" and the greatest of all, the phrase that put Trump where he is today: "You're fired!"

charlie15 and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  5. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    #7155 Cascarino's Pizzeria, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Not sure if this is wackier than expected or about on target. Tweeting on the can is implied IMO:

Around 5:30 each morning, President Trump wakes and tunes into the television in the White House’s master bedroom. He flips to CNN for news, moves to “Fox & Friends” for comfort and messaging ideas, and sometimes watches MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” because, friends suspect, it fires him up for the day.

Energized, infuriated — often a gumbo of both — Mr. Trump grabs his iPhone. Sometimes he tweets while propped on his pillow, according to aides. Other times he tweets from the den next door, watching another television. Less frequently, he makes his way up the hall to the ornate Treaty Room, sometimes dressed for the day, sometimes still in night clothes, where he begins his official and unofficial calls...

...The ammunition for his Twitter war is television. No one touches the remote control except Mr. Trump and the technical support staff — at least that’s the rule. During meetings, the 60-inch screen mounted in the dining room may be muted, but Mr. Trump keeps an eye on scrolling headlines. What he misses he checks out later on what he calls his “Super TiVo,” a state-of-the-art system that records cable news.

Watching cable, he shares thoughts with anyone in the room, even the household staff he summons via a button for lunch or for one of the dozen Diet Cokes he consumes each day.

But he is leery of being seen as tube-glued — a perception that reinforces the criticism that he is not taking the job seriously. On his recent trip to Asia, the president was told of a list of 51 fact-checking questions for this article, including one about his prodigious television watching habits. Instead of responding through an aide, he delivered a broadside on his viewing habits to befuddled reporters from other outlets on Air Force One heading to Vietnam.

“I do not watch much television,” he insisted. “I know they like to say — people that don’t know me — they like to say I watch television. People with fake sources — you know, fake reporters, fake sources. But I don’t get to watch much television, primarily because of documents. I’m reading documents a lot.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/09/us/politics/donald-trump-president.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

sitruc and xtomx repped this.
  6. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    xtomx repped this.
  7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    He even looks like a sleazy lil dick

Alabama-GOP-senate-nominee-Roy-Moore-768x413.png

xtomx repped this.
  8. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  9. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    This is the lifestyle that Roy Moore would like to perpetuate.

Raw sewage, hookworm and civil rights: UN official shocked at poverty in rural Alabama.

[​IMG]

United Nations official investigating poverty in the United States was shocked at the level of environmental degradation in some areas of rural Alabama, saying he had never seen anything like it in the developed world.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/ra...official-shocked-at-poverty-in-rural-alabama/

10. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    “I think [sic] it’s laughable that President Obama thinks he has anything to do with the success of where the economy is right now,” she said.

“It started when President Trump was elected and when he got into office,” she continued. “It had nothing to do with President Obama and I think everybody knows it including President Obama and I think it’s laughable that he’s trying to take credit for it.”

http://verifiedpolitics.com/trumps-...rsonal-shameful-attack-president-obama-watch/

Huckabees gonna Huckabee...

11. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It has been tweeting that from the Press Secretary account too.

American Brummie repped this.
  12. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Ya have to wonder at what point the human exoskeleton on her sloughs off and the giant hissing insect emerges to devour the entire front row of reporters. Maybe when Donnie Douchebag Jr. is indicted.

13. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    He should never have closed the game company.

[​IMG]

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  14. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Some kind of explosion at Porty Authority bus terminal this morning. Waiting for when It pins explosion on a moo-slim & says "thats why Alabama needs to elect Roy Moore tomorrow"

15. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Sometimes I think that the term "trailer trash" is unfair to a certain demographic. Then Huck speaks, and I realize that it's not.

usscouse, russ and Auriaprottu repped this.
  16. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    That's unfair to Trailer trash.

17. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999

So, uh, I guess she'll now be on the outs with Tillerson.

19. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Haley's new job will be in US consulate in Labrador.

Ismitje repped this.
  20. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the positions in Nambia filled?

21. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Can't quite place her but she does have a Nambian look to her

22. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Are there any of these guys not on Putin's pay roll?

rslfanboy, Q*bert Jones III, M and 4 others repped this.
  23. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I thought that Nikki would outlast Tillerson. It's about evens now.

We have a friend who was ambassador to Ulan Bator. I used to ask him who he pissed off. He liked it there tho.

24. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Trump can't fire Tillerson

Tillerson is a big elephant and Trump has too much cred tied up in him.

25. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    How? Like no one bothered reading directions or their staff didn't tell them exactly what to do.

I hope this is fake.

xtomx, sitruc and The Jitty Slitter repped this.