The Trump Presidency Ocho :: It Can't Go On. A.K.A. We All Gotta Duck / When The Shit Hits the Fan

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca

2. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    But the Kurds and Turks will have heard or read his tweet. You can't unring that bell.

3. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Maybe we were too generous in assuming what mainstream Republicans think.

Dr. Wankler, Deadtigers and Auriaprottu repped this.
  4. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Or believing they existed in any significant amount

song219, Deadtigers and Auriaprottu repped this.
  5. spejic

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Like I need an excuse to play "In the Air Tonight". I can feel it coming in the air tonight.

Oh Lord

crazypete13 and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What other Republicans?

Deadtigers repped this.
  7. spejic

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Fox and Friends blasted Trump right in Sarah's face.

That has certainly thrown an interesting monkey wrench into the Trump/Fox dynamic. I'm making some popcorn right now.

sitruc and Deep Wilcox repped this.
  8. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox will turn over and show its belly once the stock market stabilizes.

song219 repped this.
  9. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    He does have to be careful if he continues to move against the donor class though

Deadtigers and American Brummie repped this.
  10. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please give specific evidence to support your accusations regarding Iraq.

And I think you miss the whole point. It's easy for you to point fingers and blame Mattis for everything Trump has done. That fits your narrative and is just evidence you want to pile on. Whatever. It just proves my point you have no ********ing idea what you are talking about.

11. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not even sure it's that, tbh. That at least has a logical explanation, albeit one that's virtually treasonous.

My assumption is he's pulling them out to divert attention away from his 'other problems', shall we say.

Sounders78 repped this.
  12. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Lindsey cuddling up to the wifebeater again:

sitruc repped this.
  13. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are talking about the Republicans as a monolith. There are many parts which of the general Republican platform which people favor who are Republicans, and that is why they vote. They might be anti-abortion, or pro-gun rights, or favor more restrictive immigration (think Cubans) or [the myth] of smaller government. What ever it is, these are things which are not Democrat, and are against Democrats, and those are the long term Republican beliefs which reach out into the suburbs. Then you have the Individual One/Tea Party Republicans who are about trolling Democrats and being blatantly racist. None of those people surprise me for voting Republican, because they have their priorities and are willing to look the other way to get their wish.

Boloni86 repped this.
  14. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    I just bought my KISS fab friend a Christmas gift. the Lindsey Graham Halloween Special. I cant wait to see just how horrible this display is. Very Lindsey Im sure. While we might discuss which of Lindseys colleagues play the roles of Margaret Hamilton and Witchiepoo, Im sure we can agree this was a terrible contractual obligation to impose on Tim Conway.

#21.jpg

15. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It surprises me. It is not just that he is blatantly racist. It is that he is blatantly racist, blatantly corrupt, blatantly authoritarian, blatantly immoral, blatantly lazy, blatantly incorrect, blatantly lacking in self-control, blatantly uncaring about subjects other than himself, blatantly rude to democracies, blatantly subservient to autocracies, and all-around blatantly incompetent. If you picked 10 people at random off the street, odds are that all 10 would be better Presidents.

To accept that for a pet belief or two ... it beggars the imagination. I would have thought that many, many more Republicans would have been like Seth Klarman, who was an important Republican donor before Trump's arrival, and who switched to become one of the largest Democratic donors in these midterms.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/15/opinion/sunday/seth-klarman-donations-trump-democrats.html

If it's any consolation, Seth is also "mystified" by this behavior, per the article. I am with you, Seth.

16. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As we have seen here, specially during the time of Obama, many people are Machiavellian. And yes, both side are like that.

Deadtigers and chaski repped this.
  17. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trump is asking around to see if he can legally fired the Fed chair.

Yeah, that’s not gonna go over well on Wall Street.

sitruc and Deadtigers repped this.
  18. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish he would.

Then maybe all of the Repubs who have looked the other way as Trump played with matches, then set the curtains on fire, and now wants to pour gas all over the place will finally realize he has set their house on fire and they need to put it out.

Boloni86, Dr. Wankler and JohnR repped this.
  19. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    #4469 JohnR, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Nope, that doesn't work. There's not been even a 25% level equivalent of Trump among modern American Presidents. Well, maybe Nixon would be 25%. We're in a whole new paradigm, as the saying goes.

20. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Dream on!

Deep Wilcox and Deadtigers repped this.
  21. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He could have just reappointed Yellen but his instincts told him she was too short for the job. Who can argue with the reasoning?

Deadtigers and Sounders78 repped this.
  22. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Problem is that attacking the fed doesn't lose his base. For every moderate pro business Republican he loses, he may gain another x working class Democrat or x non voter.

Therein lies the problem. GOP politicians are not independent voices. They are slaves to the same base that still gives Trump a 42% approval. If you want to "make a stand" against Trump, you need to be prepared to do it as a private citizen like Jeff Flake.

ceezmad repped this.
  23. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used to be a member of a high-traffic public mailing list, with hundreds of individual email messages a day. Perhaps 6-10 spam emails would make it onto the list on a daily basis. And periodically, someone without much experience in running email spam filters or mailing lists would complain along the lines of "Why doesn't this mailing list have a spam filter? Don't the list admins care about this spam?" What they didn't realize is that the list *did* have a spam filter, and without it there'd have been a thousand spam emails a day making it onto the list instead of only 6-10.

I'm not competent to say whether Mattis and Kelly did a good job; but I have no doubt that the job they did wasn't "sitting idly by", as you have characterized it. It's a common logical error: the nature of any work to contain Trump's impulses is that we don't see the successes. How many times has he wanted to deploy nuclear weapons to Taiwan? How many times has he bristled at criticism from overseas and wanted to withdraw from the FVEY agreement? We won't know.

russ, ceezmad, bungadiri and 7 others repped this.
  24. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. I disagree because I don’t know of any evidence that working class voters are motivated by who is on the federal reserve board.
    2. The problem isn’t the rich voters he will lose. There aren’t many of those and they mostly live in blue states anyway. The problem is the donors he will lose.

sitruc and Deadtigers repped this.
  25. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Just looking back at this

Stand-up comic and former Celebrity Apprentice staffer Noel Casler is speaking out about his experience working with Donald Trump. During a recent performance, Casler claimed that Trump was a “speed freak” who snorted crushed up Adderall “because he can’t read.” The comic also said that Trump would “inspect” the young girls competing in his beauty pageants “like they were pieces of meat,” telling them that if they want to win, they should “come and see” him in his suite upstairs

https://decider.com/2018/12/14/cele..._medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_3602499

Side effects of snorting Adderall include sleeplessness, slurred speech, sniffing, grandiose thoughts, euphoria, psychosis.

Another side effect is erratic behavior.

I think they’re onto something big. It explains his weird choice of doctors too!