The Trump Presidency Ocho :: It Can't Go On. A.K.A. We All Gotta Duck / When The Shit Hits the Fan

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Here you go... primary care "is free for all", hospital care you have to be "ordinarily resident... this is not dependent on nationality, payment of UK taxes, National Insurance (NI) contributions, being registered with a GP, having an NHS Number or owning property in the UK."

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nh...ngland/how-to-access-nhs-services-in-england/

2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How would you get a doctor's appointment if you're not registered with that, specific, doctor? That page also says... If you are planning to live and work in England, you need to register with a local GP.... However, being registered with a GP practice does not in itself mean you will be entitled to free NHS hospital treatment.

When we looked at this before it seems that what's meant to happen is that the NHS is supposed to claim back expenses from the person's home country but that system doesn't work very well. There's always a significant difference between the money we manage to claim from abroad and the money the NHS pays out to overseas

That whole area is a bit of a dog's breakfast, tbh. We're just not really set up to charge and receive money at most medical facilities at the point of access.

The father in law of someone I know, a Brit, who's lived abroad for many years visited the UK and ended up having to go to hospital for something. He had a previous UK address so the hospital decided it was simpler to just quote that as his current address because the alternative meant filling out copious amounts of paperwork. But that was a couple of years back so whether it's different now I couldn't say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38876527

"It is not going to work because there are not trained people to identify and charge overseas visitors upfront," he said, highlighting an example where there was one overseas visitor manager - who identifies those who do not qualify for free NHS healthcare - for three hospitals in London.

"Anyone going into any of the Schengen countries, when they apply for a visitor's visa, they have to prove that they have 30,000 euros worth of health and travel insurance and that is the cure for this problem in this country."

Of course, we're not actually IN the Schengen area.

Anyway... OT I suppose.

3. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    #4203 M, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    You call, say you're visiting, and ask for an appointment. Which is exactly what I did on a visit a few years ago.

That's the way it's supposed to work for EU (and EEA?) countries. Maybe some others, but certainly not the US.

Based on my own experience of visiting Schengen countries, I've never been asked whether I have health and/or travel insurance. So I'm sceptical about that comment.

Edit: looks like that applies for those that need a visa for a Schengen country (ha, quote says that!). But unless you insist every visitor gets a visa - and makes an application for each and every trip - it's a partial cure, at best.

As for the UK, what I've heard from a couple of returnees is that the NHS is now taking it much more seriously in checking people's eligibility for hospital treatment. Anecdotal, of course.

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ToMhIlL, Dr. Wankler and chaski repped this.
  5. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    So the Russians have been running Trump’s twitter account.

6. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    It would explain all the misspellings.

He's a Russian asset. Nothing said that more to me than MBS & Putey high-fiving each other like they were in an SNL skit.

fatbastard repped this.
  7. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The alignment has been commented on for some time.

e.g. many of Trump's tweets come from Fox - which itself broadcasts messaging you will also find on RT etc

Some comes from the right wing content machine - again often the same kind of material as russian active measures

Then the rest comes from the cess pit of social media, reddit etc

sitruc repped this.
  8. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    We are seeing the same crap with Brexit right now - all kinds of toxic content that Brexit is being stolen by the establishment

everyone is a traitor and can't be trusted

except the zealots

No matter what happens, this is always more evidence to prove the betrayal of the "real British"

It is at its very core, revolutionary propaganda

9. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    According to the Justice Department, it is fully OK for foreign powers to attempt to bung POTUS and for him to take the money

sitruc and dapip repped this.
  10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just as a matter of interest did they ask you if you had health insurance back home then or check when you visited? I assume they must have checked at some point if you're a citizen from outside the EU area but then, I'm not sure you are now, are you?

Anyway, none of my business. I was just wondering ;)
    I suppose the US is something of a special case in these things because it's system isn't replicated anywhere else, precisely.
    I assume they checked your name and address though, right? Maybe that gives them some data? Dunno!
    Yeah, if every country had the same system these things would be easy but they don't. There are differences, some significant.
    That would be my guess, yes. There were stories in the press about the difference between the amounts being charged back and forth and not just for developing countries... for places like the US and even some European countries because, as I say, we're not really set up to charge people so this stuff tends to get swept under the carpet. If you're under pressure, (and we're ALWAYS under pressure), it's easier to just give some a shot or a course of AB and get them out the door. Filling out the accounting paperwork actually doubles or trebles the workload.

11. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    If you multiply administrative expenses like this 10 or 20 times, you can have administrative expenses on par with the American health care system. ;) :p

M and dapip repped this.
  12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A goal to work towards, perhaps :)

:(

13. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4213 charlie15, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    F**** charlatan....

“New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood announced Tuesday that the foundation is dissolving and distributing its remaining funds as her office pursues a lawsuit against the charity, President Trump and his three eldest children, who oversaw the Donald J. Trump Foundation,” the Washington Post reports.

“The shuttering of Trump’s charity comes after stories in The Post documented apparent lapses at the foundation. Trump used the charity’s funds pay off legal settlements for his private business, to purchase art that decorated one of his golf clubs and to make a prohibited political donation.”

The largest donation in the foundation’s history — a $264,231 gift to the Central Park Conservancy in 1989 — appeared to benefit Trump’s business: it paid to restore a fountain outside Trump’s Plaza Hotel. The smallest, a $7 foundation gift to the Boy Scouts that same year, appeared to benefit Trump’s family. It matched the amount required to enroll a boy in the Scouts the year that his son Donald Trump Jr. was 11.

sitruc, Deadtigers, bigredfutbol and 4 others repped this.
  14. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Fake charity. Fake university. Fake football league. Fake airline. This entire cabal is as fake as Stephen Millers TV hairline.

Boloni86, sitruc, Deadtigers and 5 others repped this.
  15. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    "What Donald really loved to do - what he really loved to do - was steal. I mean he actually enjoyed it. Donald was the kind of guy who rooted for the bad guys in the movies."

He's such a wannabe gangster that he's pretending to be Jimmy Conway.

16. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I keep saying it but when you look at the offshore developments - it is clear that the "licensing" of the Trump name is Fake

Anyone in the industry knows that brands need to provide far more than a name in hospitality and real estate development

https://features.propublica.org/trump-inc-podcast/trump-family-business-panama-city-khafif/

AKA Fraud

oh!

oh!

sitruc repped this.
  17. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    I live in the US. I've never been asked about health insurance when visiting the UK or any other European countries. Even on that doctor's visit in the UK, they didn't ask. In fact, not knowing that I was entitled to primary care for free, I even offered to pay (which I would then have mostly recouped from my health insurance). Had I sought hospital treatment, I presume things would have been different.

Not really. Many countries have private insurance-based systems.

18. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    As fake as Melania's breast-eses

19. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    May America do this to every Trump Crime Family member:

20. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working too well.
    For once, I'm actually wishing that one of Trump's descriptions was accurate.

fatbastard and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  21. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    100% authentic GOP!

22. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Now that is just special. I can't even.....

23. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Even if you are a Trump hater you couldn't think to make up this story. This is so typical of Trump Grifting (Trifting) it has to be true.

superdave, dapip and bigredfutbol repped this.
  24. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed--they're as petty and grasping as they are venal and corrupt.

25. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Wrong! It was for this fine yoot organization:

65691028.jpg

chaski and dapip repped this.