The Trump Presidency Nein: Leistung, Korruption und Lugen

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Then fired into outer space in a rocket full of angry space chimpanzees.

dapip repped this.
  2. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    #5627 chaski, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    It was John Ford.
    He was a Commander in the Naval Reserve and led a photographic unit.
    Film won Oscar for best documentary.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  3. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Navy is subtweeting El Douche....... What a time to be alive.

1195511936882020353 is not a valid tweet id

1195518075480805377 is not a valid tweet id

sitruc, bigredfutbol, ChrisSSBB and 2 others repped this.
  4. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    More on the chief here as Trump pardons 3.

Donald Trump pardons three soldiers in war crimes cases despite Pentagon opposition including convicted SEAL Eddie Gallagher, Green Beret who 'murdered' Taliban bombmaker and Army officer who ordered killing of Afghan civilians

Former Army 1st Lieutenant Clint Lorance and Major Mathew L. Golsteyn were pardoned, while Chief Petty Officer Edward Gallagher, a Navy SEAL, had his demotion reversed.

Full Story:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pardons-three-soldiers-war-crimes-cases.html

ChrisSSBB and charlie15 repped this.
  5. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny enough, I saw Stone this morning at about 9am, walking into the courthouse with his wife. I was there to hear a case that was relevant to my job (the DOJ attorney handling it had a moot court at my office building yesterday afternoon). It was kind of cool because Judge Srinivasan (who was on the cusp of being choses by Obama and ignored by McConnell in 2016) was 1 of the 3 judges hearing the case. Anyway, we left the building literally minutes before the decision came down. It was pretty funny passing all the camera crews waiting for the news outside, but the 10 of us were already at Carmine's for lunch when the news broke.

Deadtigers, Auriaprottu, dapip and 5 others repped this.
  6. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Ah-- then I'm wrong, that would not cover the Grandpa's story at all. Apologies.

HerthaBerwyn and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I was looking for LOCK HIM UP guy but I think Ratfink Roger gave him the slip

8. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    No apology necessary. I knew it was John Ford, but didn’t know he was Navy until I looked it up.
    He went to Midway to film about life on a Navy base, which he did for a few days. Then one day they told him “We expect to be attacked tomorrow.”
    https://www.history.navy.mil/resear...-ford-remembers-filming-battle-of-midway.html

9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Gee, wonder why?

10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #5635 dapip, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    I don’t know what to make of it, but interesting nevertheless...

11. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #5636 usscouse, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Rumour control.
    Too much to hope for....isn't it?
    (Mo'ar heel Spurs)

Never Trump Republican predicts surprise Walter Reed visit an ‘excuse’ to resign for ‘health reason’

President Donald Trump made a surprise visit to Walter Reed Hospital on Saturday to undergo “portions” of his annual physical.

Following the visit, press secretary Stephanie Grisham claimed Trump was “healthy” and “without complaints” after the presidential motorcade returned to the White House.

Conservative pundit Cheri Jacobus suggested the visit was a political move to tee up Trump’s resignation — and pardoning.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/ne...-visit-an-excuse-to-resign-for-health-reason/

12. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I would believe that George Soros arranged both Kennedy assassinations before I believe that Trump would resign.

Deadtigers, ElNaranja, Funkfoot and 3 others repped this.
  13. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Nah, that was Raul's dad.

Deadtigers repped this.
  14. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's old, obese, inactive with a terrible diet. And obviously there is the daily stress of being a President under impeachment. How he stayed out of the hospital this long is the mystery.

15. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Or...Does medical retirement get him out from under Putin and the backlash from all his bull pucky. :rolleyes:

16. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    This one is a chip off the old block. Hard as nails.

Progeny of Satan Rep. Liz Cheney seems to want to pretend she isn’t entirely full of bile. Asked about Donald Trump’s tweet attack on Friday against former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, Cheney saidthat Yovanovitch “clearly is somebody who’s been a public servant to the United States for decades and I don’t think the president should have done that.”

[Cough … bullshit … cough.]

17. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Winning!!

usscouse repped this.
  18. Deep Wilcox

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmmm. Fat Nixon made a trip to Louisiana to stump for the Reep.

Deadtigers and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  19. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Will it take that many tries for the Senate to convict?

dapip repped this.
  20. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    https://www.politicususa.com/2019/1...2MWUbECTzDbJF9pfytVhirr51xIQ3RLjHREJbBtx88Atk

Senate Republicans blocked a bill to pass universal background checks while an active school shooting was going on in Santa Clarita, CA.

I tried to come up with something Dems could do to constitute a similar action, and a 60% off special on abortions (BOGO if twins) during the Christmas holidays was as close as I could get. And that could not be done by elected public servants in any case.

I posted this because I'm beginning to develop a healthy respect for their ability to troll. If the left had balls like this, Trump would never have been elected.

Conservatives are so far ahead of the curve that they won't be caught anytime soon. They've managed to make patriotism relevant, they've managed to make the flag meaningful, the military into gods, education into an evil vice, Christianity into the state religion, and the police into trustworthy protectors, all while liberals' backs were turned. I think the left, over the years, has underestimated the obsession of the average American with having something (nation, faith, race, community) in which to believe.

21. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    As noted elsewhere, this is known as 'Losers Limp' Right after resigning Nixon got Phlebitis. Look for the same. Its endgame!

dapip repped this.
  22. Deep Wilcox

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This Ukraine mess strikes me as a microcosm for his presidency: Crooked self dealing, abuse of power, trashing real experts and inserting shills like Rudy G...

It seems like the tip of the iceberg. All the stuff that makes you go "whaaaa"? is epitomized by this shady deal. Shifting gov rev to his properties (self dealing, in the Ukraine case it is the attack of a political opponent), Ivanka at the G8 (his people on the inside instead of experts), his mutts heading to prison for spouting lies under oath, shitting on qualified patriots for having the audacity to oppose him (reminds me of Bolton, Tillerson, et al).... His day to day operation; how he gets his crooked agenda accomplished, is being laid bare.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  23. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Yeah...pretty much like Horton Wilde being elected. :geek:

24. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dan Crenshaw is such a dimwit. Party of Uber? Seriously?

sitruc and Deadtigers repped this.
  25. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Peckervooden uber alles

charlie15 repped this.