The trick to it

Discussion in 'Player' started by Soccerboymi, Jun 23, 2004.

1. JNINE

JNINE New Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Spartanburg,SC
    The trick to it is makin a long amount of juggling go by quicker. I count by 50's. My record is 880. It works for me. Try it.

2. Callump

Callump New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    how u get 880? good idea though.

3. C. Ronaldo7

C. Ronaldo7 New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    Juggling just takes a lot of patience. After you can get over 400 every time, it basically becomes pointless to juggle normalley. You have to start kicking the ball higher in the air so it is harder to control or do what I know as the cycle. (when you juggle in a pattern of: foot, thigh, head, thigh, foot, thigh head, thigh, foot............... etc.) Also trying to juggle when the ball is really low to the ground helps as well. When this gets to easy, start using a tennis ball.

4. ConorM

ConorM New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Do the world tour, left foot, left thigh, left shoulder, head, right shoulder, right thigh, right foot. USed to practice that all the time.

5. C. Ronaldo7

C. Ronaldo7 New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    I never quite understood the point of juggling with the shoulder..........

6. soccermainiac2003

soccermainiac2003 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    and i don't understand juggling with the thighs

7. laytonbaker

laytonbaker New Member

May 27, 2004
    I have never been in a game over high school level where anyone scored on goal directly from a corner without any touch from another player (Aside from the goalie obviously).

The keeper has to suck big time, slip badly, or be fouled for a corner to go in that manner.

And about the juggling...don't worry, just practice. I have never been a good juggler (I can make it to about 20 on a great day) and I never practiced it that much but I always manage to control the ball well in game situations and pull some wild moves out of my ass.

I'd imagine I'm a pretty ugly player to watch play (Except forbrief flashes) but I get the job done...I suppose.

8. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's not hard to score from corners it's really not just look like your going to cross it in, and go for goal the keeper never expects that, and if it doesn't come off don't be hung up by what your teammates say. You've just got to curl it right, practice in an empty goal before though.

I scored one where it curled near post and one where it skimmed along the bar and in the far side netting.

I even kind of scored from a throw in against the worst team in our league, technically yeah it's impossible (i think) but i threw it right to the far post defender got complacent went to volley it clear hit his standing foot and went in lol i was pissing myself laughing for a while, until i realised how long a throw i had, then realised it was further than anyone of my age group in my county.

9. ConorM

ConorM New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    The point of juggling with the shoulder of the thigh is the same as juggling with any other part of the body. Improves co ordination and ball control.

10. PSsoccer123

PSsoccer123 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    The last week I have worked on standing on my left foot(good foot) while juggling to 4 with only my right foot without my right foot hitting the ground. Juggling to four equals one, and I did that 250 times to equal 1000. The next day I did the same thing except I juggled to 5 with only my right foot and without my right foot hitting the ground 200 times, and so on. Today I juggled to ten 100 times. I have found that this really improves shooting, juggling, touch, and dribbling. I would recommend it to anyone.
    Also, I have scored on a corner, but only in scrimmages.

11. senorbuckwheat

senorbuckwheat New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    The best way to score on a corner is try to get the ball at a height just below the bar and make sure it has good velocity. I just aim for the top bar of the near corner of the goal. Any lower and the goalie has a good chance to grab it.

12. ConorM

ConorM New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Any goals from corners are likely flukes as actually going for a goal is a waste of a corner.

13. C. Ronaldo7

C. Ronaldo7 New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    Hey ConorM, what time is it in Ireland? Must be pretty late, its saturday there isn't it?

14. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just bought a neat little size one nike ball, and play with it in my room, to improve juggling i'd get one of those and just keep practising.

15. soccermainiac2003

soccermainiac2003 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    good idea.
    thanks

16. JNINE

JNINE New Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Spartanburg,SC
    I just did it by 50's. People mess up because they get bored juggling. That's my opinion. So what I did was make it go by quicker by counting by 50's. It works for me. Have you tried doing it?

17. PSsoccer123

PSsoccer123 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    I have tried going by 50s but I lose track of how many times i have done 50 so I go by 100s usually and my record is 829

18. dienasty

dienasty New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Silent Earth
    become one with the ball. sleep wiwth the ball. do things with the ball. you and the ball must become one

19. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Take the ball out to dinner it work's wonders, give her a little wash now and again, kiss her, make her your new lover and she will never cheat on you.