The Summertime Transfer Thread.

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by BTV802, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Atletico agreed to pay €10 million for Heitinga. El Ahmadi is going to Feyenoord :confused:

According to what I have read on the net, Napoli fans will straight up kidnap Huntelaar if he refuses to play for them.

What else is going on?

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    In the bag so far:
    El Ahmadi to Feyenoord
    Amrabat to PSV

The hot property that AZ, Feyenoord and Ajax are fighting over is Heerenveen's Sulejmani. Heerenveen also look likely to lose Pranjic (to Ajax or AZ).

Another rumour that unfortunately won't go away: Engelaar to Ajax.

Schalke have officially confirmed they've contacted Fred Rutten.

3. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    twente getting raided for all those players you confirmed would leave then huh johan?

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm not too worried about more players leaving to be honest. I reckon Engelaar's staying. And they're almost all on extended contracts so if they leave, they'll leave for shedloads of money. I am very, very worried about Rutten though. We'll never find another manager who's that good a fit for this club.

Oh and I forgot: we signed Fat Theo Janssen. Who's no longer fat!

5. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    lol no he snot fat.. hes just nicely rounded

6. saelevena

saelevena New Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    So where do you guys think Huntelaar is likely to head to? Italy or England?

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    He used to be fat but looks like he's stayed away from the pies of late.

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Italy.

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I agree with Johan that Italy is looking better. Roma has just lost Totti to a knee injury and will clearly need a center forward. They play more of a Dutch style of football than the other three of the big four (I rule out Napoli;)).

10. EasyStreet

EasyStreet New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Colorado
    It's Balck Friday for Dutch Clubs. Let see how crazy the market shall get.

11. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    Johan you said El-Ahmadi would:

a) not leave Twente
    b) would be more than Ajax could afford if he would leave

So given what you said about El Ahmadi, Engelaar will be worth 4million, maybe less?

12. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    By the way, I think PSV have a real steal in Amrabat.
    From the games I saw on Setanta against PSV & Ajax, he was a terror.

13. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    where do you guys think pranjic will end up? i know there have been rumors of him going to ajax but he has stated if he leaves heerenveen he would want to go to one of the big leagues meaning italy england or spain..

14. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Napoli. It shall happen.

15. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    that would be a backwards step to be honest.. hes too good for napoli

16. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Amsterdam...bitches.

But seriously I'm going to just avoid the question and say that I'd rather see him to go England.

17. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I'm reading gossip/buzz about this Dario Cvitanich character replacing Huntelaar. I've read articles from the tabloid style news sites that we already beat Espanol and Boca to his signature, but I want to see this in writing on the Ajax site.

[youtube]iybnOUBXV7I[/youtube]

Notice the stands collapse after the first goal in the video.

18. sjimz

sjimz Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It has already been confirmed on the Banfield site that Cvitanich is playing for Ajax next season.

19. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I don't think I ever said either a) or b). I've always said that El Ahmadi was bound to leave at some stage, we're realists over here and know full well that we can't hold on to players of that quality. I did say that I personally felt (and still feel) that his playing style is better suited to Ajax than to Feyenoord and that's one of the reasons that I don't understand his choice. The El Ahmadi transfer sum remains undisclosed by the way: it's anything between five and eight million Euros from what I've heard. As for Engelaar, he's quite a bit older than El Ahmadi so bound to go for less.

I hope to God that Engelaar's staying. We're yet again facing a bit of an exodus over here now that Rutten's move to Schalke has been confirmed. So that's Youri Mulder, Fred Rutten, El Ahmadi already gone. Ambitious, quality management, passion and dedication at all levels of the club, sound financial administration, quality football that entertains the crowds and not just in Enschede - Twente has done everything right over the past two seasons yet here we are, we have to start all over again with new players and new management. And maybe we get the train back on track again - what's the bloody use as there will always be another Schalke, another Ajax, or another Feyenoord bleeding us dry as soon as we start to threaten to become a top European side.

Sorry about this rant but sometimes football in this country gets too depressing for words. I'm sure Groningen and Heerenveen fans will understand.

20. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    tbh johan this isnt only twente it happens to.. ajax is as bad but maybe on bigger scale, ajax are still i think considered to be a bigger club than twente.. and so ajax steals their players... and in turn, bigger clubs than ajax steals their players and so on.. its football..

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Ajax are a much bigger club than Twente and always will be. But what is that based on?

The frustrating thing is that Twente have done everything right over the past couple of years. The club's incredibly well run on all levels - can the same be said about Ajax? The issue being that when you're a small club, you never get rewarded for your good work. As soon as people start to notice how well you're doing, you're bled dry, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it apart from trying to up your budget every way you can.

22. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I know I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but you did ask.

I would say it's partially based on superficial reasons, such as being located in the biggest/wealthiest city in the Netherlands. It's mostly based on past success in the league & Europe. Obviously winning the Champions league in '95 didn't hurt. In addition we developed a reputation for "Total Football" and also our ability to develop players through our own youth system who many bigger European clubs liked to poach from us. All of this really put the club on the map as being significant on a worldwide scale. But you know this!!!

Clearly it has very little to do with how we have performed in the past decade or so. With that said, amidst the complete mismanagement of Ajax we have still been able to win the league a few times and place 2nd ALMOST every other year.. Our lack of success in Europe has been very disturbing, but we aren't exactly tanking it in the Eredivisie.

"The road to life yes it goes up and down, doesn't really matter as long as the music goes on."

I believe Ajax has the resources and the reputation to turn things around ;)

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    But that's precisely the point I was trying to make. Like I just said on another thread, the big clubs can have complete half-wits manage them and that won't bother them much. Whereas small clubs like Twente can have geniuses manage them and do everything right, yet they'll still get screwed in the end regardless.

24. feyenoord_for_life

feyenoord_for_life New Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Zoetermeer
    im praying de guzman stays on for another year, but i seriously doubt it. fey'd seems to love selling their talent first chance they get.

25. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Well then you are absolutely correct, but to pretend to not understand why we are a bigger club is just silly :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong I think Twente is totally underrated. But seriously you guys have only won the league once in 1926 and the Intertoto cup is your only European trophy...Lets be realistic. (I mean this in a totally non-condescending manner)