The Summertime Transfer Thread Take 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DSC05, Jun 17, 2011.

1. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sky sports quotes the amount to be £10.6m ... Bargain.

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I've seen them play this season and they are awful, Dempsey being one of very few positives there. I'm sick to my stomach thinking of Ruiz at Fulham, and like I said that's nothing to do with my thoughts about Twente without him as we're only letting him go for full whack, but all to do with my thoughts of a talent getting wasted there. I just wish the best for Ruiz and that ain't Fulham.

3. dreamingoranje

dreamingoranje New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    AZ
    part of me is happy to see Ruiz coming to England as I think he will be a big hit here and it's a greater shop window for him than the Eredivisie.

part of me is sad that it's to Fulham and not a stronger side, I think he could do better. I think Tottenham missed a trick not going for him, and I think the rumoured moves to Spain that were talked about earlier in the Summer would have suited him better too.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I don't see how he can perform in a team that plays opportunist, physical long ball football. He is so not suited to their game I don't even know where to start. What a stupid, stupid move Bryan. Utterly stupid.

5. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    hmmm i dont really agree there with that, i think Fulham have a fair few decent players. They may not be playing all that well, but they were europa league finalists just last year, and are an established premier league side.

Hangeland, schwarzer, and murphy just to name a few.

6. dreamingoranje

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    AZ
    I would say though that their style of football really isn't determined as yet, Jol's only been there for a handful of games and is trying to mould the club into something. He did good work at Spurs and helped some players develop. Ruiz is the sort of player they can build their attacking style around, and at over £10m is a big signing for a club like Fulham. they obviously have a plan for him. I think he can be a big success, but, I am surprised he didn't get a better club. That said, any Premier League club will pay him a big wage, evne the smaller ones, and just being in the Premier League can open up big opportunities for him.

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I rate Hangeland and Dempsey. They are just SO not suited to Ruiz's game though. That's my point. Worst fit ever.

8. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thats true, but i think jol is just signing players he knows are decent. i.e grygera isnt a bad signing either.. id of had him back at ajax.

9. dreamingoranje

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    AZ
    i think the players he's signing are more indicative of the style of football he wants to play rather than the system that was left over from hodgson and hughes' reigns. I also think that Ruiz and Duff getting involved from wider areas, playing off a targetman like Zamora can really work well. if they could find a midfielder that can pick a pass to replace the now less reliable danny murphy then they could get a safe top half finish.

10. supersewelly

supersewelly Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    [​IMG]

Top right of the far stand, is Fulham's away support against Newcastle this weekend. 300 or so fans.

It is a shame to see Ruiz go there, IMO.

11. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    To be fair it was a bank holiday weekend, and to get fans from london to newcastle (pretty much bottom to pretty much top) is difficult at the best of times.

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The latest news is that he himself has doubts. He just spoke to a local paper live on air.

13. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    you see, this is what i mean, you cant believe it until he has the shirt on.

14. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I do think though he would be daft to not go now. He could use them as a stepping stone to greater things.

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Not at a team like Fulham. He needs somewhere where he can make the most of his talents. A footballing team. There would be no point to him at a physical opportunist side.

16. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I reckon that if Ruiz indeed leaves for Fulham, Fer will not be that keen anymore of joining Twente? Twente could be in real pain tomorrow. Edit: On the US threads it's being reported £10.6 mio for Ruiz (Sky Sports).

17. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    So by the looks of it... Fulham gets Ruiz, but more than likely will lose Dempsey (strong rumor to Arsenal?). Twente loses Ruiz, but will get Fer. Not a bad movement for all parties involved.

My take is that Ruiz is not good enough (yet) for the 'big boys'--- the Chelseas, Manchesters, etc. But he is more than capable playing for a mid-table English team which constantly challenges in Europe. So Fulham fits the billing perfectly. Maybe Spurs, Everton, or Aston Villa, but they don't have the Martin Jols (the Dutch connection).

18. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Ehm..

:confused:

19. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    One word: fail.

20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Do you think you're the only one who's confused? Imagine what it's like for Twente fans. One day he says he definitely won't join Fulham because he doesn't consider it a step up, the next he's in London negotiating. He's not even eligible to play for Fulham in Europe btw.

To top things off, Fer, after months of saying he'd LOVE to join Twente and that's why he won't extend his contract with Feyenoord, is now saying he doesn't want to join Twente.

Schiet mij maar lek, ik snap er geen reet meer van.

Oh well. As long as we've still got Joop and Aldo at the helm at this club we'll be all right.

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    It's still not a done deal btw, Twente watchers at our local paper say Ruiz is still having doubts. I hope to god he decides quickly as we've little time left to find a replacement as it is.

22. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Have you seen Fulham play football? Ruiz is totally not suited to that team, sorry. Spurs maybe yes, but Fulham no way. A waste of talent if he does go.

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Confirming how insane and confusing it all is. ONE HOUR after Fer's manager said that Fer won't be going anywhere, AD.nl confirm his transfer to Twente.

24. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well congrats, for a moment things seemed to go pearshaped for Twente. The only thing now is to get Narsingh and you're done ;). This year is going to be great, 4 teams that could beat each other on a good day (Ajax, PSV, Twente, AZ) plus 2 wild cards (Feyenoord, Vitesse). Edit: Wow, Matavz going to PSV, what else is in store for us today?

25. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Berghuis and Ola John at Twente need to be developed. Then they also have Chadli, so absolutely no need to spend. Ze zijn gekke henkie niet. I think selling Ruiz will cost them the title, but for the development of the youngsters it's perfect to keep it this way.