The Summertime Transfer Thread Take 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DSC05, Jun 17, 2011.

1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Continued from here.

2. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not much relation to Dutch football but Chelsea is talking with Lukaku and De Bruyne. For the latter one they are discussing a contraption where he is loaned to Anderlecht prior to going to London. Looks like we can rule out the possibility of him playing in the Eredivisie.

3. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have an update on Sig going to Ajax?

4. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Newcastle, apparently, is interested in Sulejmani, though i doubt anything will come of it. Ajax won't want to loose money on his transfer, and i doubt Newcastle will be willing to depart with nearly half of their transfer budget for him

5. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Reliable PSV board member claims that Wijnaldum will sign a 4-year contract for PSV at 1th of July 2011.

6. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So Wijnaldum´s wage demands are too much for financially healthy Twente while financially in trouble PSV meets his needs? That´d be the situation in Dutch football in a nutshell really.

7. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Have no idea, I normally don't post these kid of rumours since they are often bullshit, but I trust him since he never posted any nonsense and has proved in the past that he knows things at PSV.

But it of course can be a reliable guy who suddenly became an attention whore.

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    If true I just think it tells a story that exemplifies the financial situation of Dutch clubs that´s all.

9. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say that describes the financial situation in many European leagues in general, wouldn't you?

10. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    PSV offered 10 million for Mertens and Strootman and 1 million for Korean striker Dong-Won Ji.

Bakkal is linked to Spartak Moscow for a 5 million euro transfer.

11. What,..who's trying to push me out of the limelight:eek:

12. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Don't worry, a guy called debelg, you don't have to worry losing your leading position as attention whore at BigSoccer since he will not come here.

Doubt it's true anyway.

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I don´t think you´re getting my point.

Fact is Twente is doing well financially, while PSV are restructuring. And here we have PSV who are apparently willing to pay Wijnaldum the wages he wants, while Twente is not, and Twente not willing to move ahead with Strootman because of the too high asking price, while PSV apparently is willing to move ahead. So why again are PSV in trouble while Twente is not, financially? Well there you have it.

I´m sure Paga has more indepth knowledge about this than I do and perhaps he´ll put me right, but on the surface of it it seems odd that PSV, despite having to restructure, is still willing to pay more than financially healthy Twente.

The Dutch FA has been banging on about the majority of Dutch clubs paying silly wages for years now. The message just doesn´t hit home it seems. The irony being that you don´t actually HAVE to pay such high wages to be successful in the Dutch league.

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    On topic, I heard through the grapevine that Twente is close to signing Fer. He apparently has less elevated ideas about what he wants to earn than Wijnaldum hehehe

15. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Or.. perhaps Wijnaldum just prefers PSV. Schaars also said that he would only leave AZ for Ajax or PSV in Holland.

With Ajax out of the question for Gini, PSV seems like a logical choice when looking at his future. PSV players are more appealing abroad than those at Twente, afterall look where Afellay ended up.

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    And meanwhile with all that superior status to Twente PSV hasn´t had any CL football in years and is in deep financial trouble. By the way, do you seriously believe the alleged status of PSV is more important to Schaars and Wijnaldum than the fact that PSV pays more than Twente?

17. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    How do you know for sure? Like Pag said, it's only gossip when nothing has been confirmed.

And even when being confirmed by your club it's still not 100% for sure, like Munsterman expressing his confusion about "new signing" Guidetti not showing up for training today lol.

Twente has been in the CL once.. how does that favor your club to PSV? All I'm saying is with their track record of bringing Stam, Ruud, Kezman, Robben etc. to big EPL clubs and with the EPL being Wijnaldum's dream it's really not that far fetched to think.

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The fact is that Twente has performed better than PSV for years and is a club on the up while PSV is restructuring. If historical status is all that matters to Wijnaldum why would he leave Feyenoord for PSV in the first place.

An Ajax fan bigging up PSV. Whatever else is next.

19. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    A PSV fan bigging up Ajax ;)

Reputation is still an important factor, it's easier to go from Ajax -> Manchester than from PSV -> Manchester than from Twente -> Manchester.

But as I said, I think the Wijnaldum rumour is not true.

20. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Are we doing this again? Your logic failed in Ajax' case when someone pointed out that Ajax has only failed to end higher than Twente in 2 occasions since god knows when and with PSV being the most successful Verein this decade I don't really see your point about Twente performing better nor your argument about historical status since it's clearly not the case here.

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Good god you traditional top three really are trying to hold on to the old biosphere!

We´ll see, it´s early days still. It´s not exactly beyond Twente to play dirty games so let´s judge this when the transfer window has closed.

22. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If Ruiz played for Ajax we'd have sold him for €30M by now.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    These are the kinds of quotes that get you into trouble. Fact is your club have outperformed PSV for exactly three years and I don't think this qualifies as "years" in the classic sense of the term (plus a two point margin over them this year is not especially convincing).

24. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PSV has been outperforming Twente for decades.

25. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    My favorite is the one that Twente outperformed Ajax in '07-'08 because they won an end of season playoff to get a chance to qualify for the CL, completely disregarding the fact that Ajax completed the season 7 points clear and two positions ahead of Twente in the table.

As a matter of fact if that same scenario happened this season Twente would have been stuck in the playoff to qualify for the Europa League and Ajax would have been in that automatic spot for the CL qualifying round. Funny how that changes.