The State of US YNT

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Glove Stinks, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So with the announcement of April Hienrichs pending resignation, could this represent the first of many changes ahead for the YNT. After years of blatant nepotism within the coaching hierarchy can we assume the new order of US Soccer is going to finally face its problems head on. The multiple failures at the U20 and U17 levels may finally have put the YNT program under the microscope, but will Ellis continue to get her buddies Cush jobs? With the current success at Concacaf Jill probably has her seat cooling but is that artificial due to the competition? Where are we this time next year?

2. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Why would you think any of this? USSF lives in a bubble and nothing will change that.

3. Airox

Airox Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect this is opening another position so Heinrichs et al can fill it with someone they want.

4. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yaaaaayyy!!!

Boooooo!!!

Just when I was thinking we are in for some good changes, Airox comes kicking down my hope. LOL!!

Airox, blissett and MRAD12 repped this.
  5. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Ill be stunned if it isn't Snow

6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It may not be Heinrich's post he takes over but Snow will be elevated for sure.
    In my opinion and I'm thinking he is being groomed and has been groomed to take over after Jill Ellis retires.

7. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    God, I hope she's not quitting her current job to take on the new GM position they are creating. That would be awful.

blissett and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  8. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That truly would.

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  9. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    What has Snow achieved? Maybe something? I can't say I've tracked his YNT career.

10. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Her resigning for the GM position is the exact scenario that crossed my mind. I hope not, but I would not be surprised.

blissett repped this.
  11. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    There is way too much handwringing about the U.S. women's youth teams, IMO.

12. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Snow was Ellis's Assistant at UCLA and later her successor at UCLA.
    Was the Head Coach at UCLA for a few years, than resigned and they brought him in to Coach the U-Teams. He's been one of Ellis's "Circle of Friends" for a while now. He's an important part of the USWNT scene/development. That's my understanding.

Having said that, I like him. I talked to him on a few occasions and would have no problem him succeeding Ellis if he is chosen.

BJ Snow was an accomplished player himself back in the day, winning a National Championship at Indiana and than playing Pro...and of course he's married to Lindsay Tarpley. So he knows the game.

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.