The Sporting Fans Only Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Força Sporting, Nov 3, 2005.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Wtf are you talking about? You don't just choose who your rival is. Porto isn't our biggest rival, Benfica is. They always have been historically. Rivalries aren't determined by someone's opinion.

2. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Of course they are........ everything in sport is opinion. Most benfica fans would say Porto is their biggest rival in the last few years. Rivalries change with success. Nobody would say Leeds is man uniteds biggest rival anymore. What do I know though, you are infallible.

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Our club is going to receive 1.1M euros for the four players we gave to the National Team during Euro 2016 - Rui Patricio, William, Joao Mario and Adrien.

4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Whatever you say boss....

5. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    You don't read so good.

6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Thanks for the feedback you douchebag. Doesn't change the point of that Sporting was robbed by a club from a country known to be one of the most corrupt in Europe.

7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Also, apparently Dortmund has like 10 players listed as out/injured which may play into our favor for the upcoming CL game. Gotta find a way to contain Aubamayeng.

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    If we don't play a crazy high line we can contain him. I'm worried that Dembele will kill our weak fullbacks

9. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Posts like this are exactly why I don't post here. There's a complete lack of Moderators and the constant name calling and smack talk is absurd.

I just suggested that you fully read someone's post before jumping down their throat; you completely misunderstood what he was saying.

We're all here supporting the same club. Viva o Sporting!

10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well if the only reason you come to post here is to shit-talk people occasionally, then it's probably a good idea for you to stay gone.

The point I tried to make was that Sporting were robbed against CSKA. That was the point. No one addressed that point so far. Just a bunch of nit-picking douchery.

11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You single handedly make this board a negative space. You've gotta lighten up a bit. Geez.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Tell that to your boy SCP21. Dude is the definition of negative space. Besides, if you moderated this forum properly you'd know this is an Sporting Fans Only forum.

The main point I was making was that the CSKA game was fixed and all these trolls come in here to nag about irrelevant shit like who they think CSKA's rival is.

13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Says the guy who quits on the team almost every season and says he is gonna go away until the next one.....but never does. Just spits conspiracy theories and attempts to troll Benfica and Porto posters elsewhere. SCP21 ain't the problem. And I'm pretty content with how I mod. You're the only one complaining, coincidence?

I don't believe in making a post where no outside posters can reply. Just doesn't make sense for the BS community. If someone comes in and completely derails things I'll react. But you are the only one lashing out here. And you do it more than ANYONE. Look in the effing mirror dude, seriously.

We've all been through this conspiracy theory stuff before. I am believe there is shenanigans going down in Portugal, but I'm not buying the CL/Europa league stuff.

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Quit on the team? You're full of shit. Says the part time moderator Real Madrid glory hunter who contributes absolutely nothing to this forum. I keep it real. You must be confused with other SCP supporters.

Conspiracy theories aren't conspiracies if there is evidence behind them. So we have to wait until UEFA and FIFA arrests someone before we can acknowledge the obvious shit was see week in and week out? Just yesterday, 6 minutes of stoppage time. For what?!?

You'll do something about it? I haven't seen you do shit about anything around here.

If you don't believe money and corruption runs all sports everywhere, then you must not know a goddam thing about how the world works.

15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To other posters on here, sorry for the back and forth.

16. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I ,for one, do not discount the possibility of Uefa corruption . I recall that Mourinho also brought that point while at Real , specifically pointing to Barca and their support/connection of Unicef . Platini has been ousted for some reason.
    I also recall the reason for this thread . A few years ago , circa 2005, there was some over-the-top trolling by some SLB posters than was constantly derailing every thread in the SCP sub-forum. The moderator then, decided that all 3 grandes would have a fan specific thread as a sort of sanctuary. Those rabid trolls have since moved on and it may seem now an antiquated practice, but there was good reason for it then.

17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that's fine, it was before my time. But since I've been a moderator here for a few years now, there isn't a huge troll presence at all and I don't see the need for a hard and fast SPORTING FANS ONLY rule. It's still majority Sporting posters, but if non-trolling other teams posters interject here and there, I don't see the harm.

Most of the Benfica and Porto posters on here converse about things and don't start shit just to start shit. One specific poster is upset because he got banned somewhere else, where I have no mod powers at all, and so he wants to protect the "sanctity" of this thread in response to that. I am not on the same page as him on this.

Anyway, lets get back to Sporting talk.

18. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The main thing that's bothering me this season is that I can't help but think.. wouldn't Tobias, Geraldes, Iuri, Palhinha, Wallyson, Podence, Mane, Jonathan Silva and even Gauld be better options than some of the crap we've brought in ? We've bought in loads of players who aren't any better than our own academy products

Silva at left back, Palhinha as back up to William (because where on earth is meli?? And petrovic is awful), wallyson and gauld would both be better than Elias although that's not difficult. Mane, Iuri and even Matheus who hasn't been playing are all better out wide than Ruiz meaning Bryan can play centrally off Dost. Podence is a better talent than Alan Ruiz and Castaignos. While Tobias could've been bedded in and Oliveira needs to be given a chance again

OndaVerde and vilafria repped this.
  19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Wholeheartedly agree. We sold Mario and Slimani but didn't channel some of the funds well at all.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  20. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Your boy Jorge Jesus. That's the reason. He did it at SLB and he's doing it here. Thanks adding to previous points however.

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Here's my problem. As much as I like what BdC Has done in 3 years to turn us around from near ruin, one thing that myself and a lot of people criticize is that we seem to be focused too much on our rivals (specifically Benfica).

The latest is the whole discussion about how many titles we have compared to them - WHO CARES? Do you think I'll remember if we won a few titles back in the 30s or 40s? Will that change the fact that Benfica has more titles than us? No! Do I care that they have more titles? No!

Do they think fans follow and support this club because we have x number of titles? I don't care about numbers - I want to win now! Stop focusing on the past and look to the future!

End of rant.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  22. ibbyruns

ibbyruns Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Barcelona
    Club:
    --other--
  23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    ibbyruns repped this.
  24. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Marcelo Boeck , who plays now for Chapacoense, was not in the airplane crash in Colombia.

OndaVerde and AlexJones19 repped this.
  25. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Apparently he was given time away to celebrate his birthday. Very tragic but lucky for him. One of their other keepers Nivaldo missed the flight because he was slotted to play his 300th game and the team wanted him to do it at home in front of the home fans.

What a sad story man.