The Seattle Sounders Suck

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by pirozhok, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Dude's first touch and go on the first goal was unreal.

Peru. Mexico. Uruguay. Hmmmm, maybe US Soccer should take notice of the guys winning MLS.

kaburu repped this.
  2. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Uruguay has been a goldmine of talent. Don’t know why the league hasn’t invested more time in pursuing their players.

Valverde, and Bentancour are going to take them to a World Cup..

Sam Hamwich repped this.
  3. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, love works, we got a proof of that now.

MPNumber9 and kaburu repped this.
  4. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    LAFC midfield play was completely absent in this game. lack of defensive pressure on the ball and poor marking led to Sounders goals 2 and 3.

sounders finishing punished lafc, a perfect road game played by Seattle.

kaburu repped this.
  5. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    other than Frei giving up the near-post goal on the free kick, sounders played this game just about perfectly (my opinion, anyway)

skydog and kaburu repped this.
  6. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LAFCs "historic " season lasted a whopping five days longer than another frustrating and disappointing Galaxy season.

Ghosting, cleschke, ProudNatRN and 7 others repped this.
  7. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTF u r talkin' about? Flounders won cuz we delegated our job to them, and sent our love along with the orders.

8. mfw13

mfw13 Member+

Jul 19, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Well....we still hate you....Zlatan's still a jerk and you guys still don't know what the word "defense" means.

9. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Bah, Bob is used to this, in big games his teams always give up goals right down the middle. He has no idea how to defend the central midfield.

The Beautiful Gamer and kaburu repped this.
  10. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody asked u about ur feelings, shmo. When we need to know we will summon u.

73Bruin and kaburu repped this.
  11. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Ouch!

12. GreenRaver

GreenRaver Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    May 31, 2018
    Bothell, Cascadia
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    #62 GreenRaver, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    This is weird but i'll take it.Thank you. That said I and a lot of us up here have a lot of respect for LAFC because their fans were the only ones in California who had our back during the whole #AUnitedFront fight with MLS and your owner Phil Anschutz (who was behind the draconian changes to the fan code of conduct). Their display in support of the movement was never punished by their front office and that represented cracks in the armor of MLS giving us a much needed morale boost to ultimately win our fight. So it's harder for me to hate them than you guys who had been our nemesis for a long time. By contrast we had never beat LAFC until tonight.

Also its worth reminding you that we all rooted for RSL to beat you in our stadium in 2009. So slow your roll... it makes more sense to hate us. Hate LAFC more than us yes, but please don't love us. It's just weird and one-way. Please keep hating us.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  13. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. GreenRaver

GreenRaver Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    May 31, 2018
    Bothell, Cascadia
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    Yes please, because if they win the final is in...SEATTLE!

kaburu repped this.
  15. GreenRaver

GreenRaver Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    May 31, 2018
    Bothell, Cascadia
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    US Soccer is so far up its own ass and xenophobic to the point that they turned down hiring Tata because he didn't speak English. Instead we get Berhalter. What a joke. They can keep hiring MLS retread coaches for the USMNT, I don't watch them and won't until they get serious. The women have my full support though.

Sam Hamwich repped this.
  16. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calm down. First I don’t understand. I have never cared one bit about the Sounders at all. I don’t have any hate because I have never thought about them. I like Portland though. Awesome fans up there and the away games are great.

Galaxy fans aren’t organized enough to be doing huge Tifos in support of your cause. Sorry. I mean ACB could probably do something decent but definitely not LARS. Both are Anti-Racist and Anti-Fascist tho. Sorry we didn’t hashtag a phrase for you though. Next time we will make our virtue signaling known. Do you also want us to say some Anti-Trump stuff while we are at it. Maybe defend some women?

Either way I’m too busy so I will come to the games and half ass some chants before I go home and forget about you. See you next time. But hopefully not. Kthxbye

17. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Title of this thread was valid till the evening of 10/29/2019. Please change it to appropriate and intended title "We hate rotten Flounders!"

TrickHog and GreenRaver repped this.
  18. GreenRaver

GreenRaver Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    May 31, 2018
    Bothell, Cascadia
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    Finally a return to sanity.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  19. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And mods, please shoo away all these trolls in vomiting green uniforms.

barroldinho repped this.
  20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Just remember, we won as many playoff games as LAFC has in the last 2 seasons.

21. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thread title changed to something more appropriate.

Berks, 7E23 and pirozhok repped this.
  22. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great, thanks :)

GreenRaver repped this.
  23. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I didn't watch this. Even forgot about it until I was about to hit the hay. Then I thought "Oh yeah... I wonder how the game went...".

The final score amused me greatly. Their fans once again showed themselves up - at this point it's a pattern.

I see the pundits are still trying to push the "best team ever" narrative. I'm sorry but in their four truly big MLS games this season, they've won 1, tied 1, lost 2 and conceded 12 goals. They got a bye and guaranteed home games throughout the postseason. They 2019 LAFC team was proven not to be clutch. This alone disqualifies them from consideration as the best team of all time, in my view.

I've defended MLS for years but this weird campaign they're peddling has soured me a lot. They've let so many truly compelling narratives slip by over the years, yet they've gone all-in on this one, burying the achievements of past teams, casting down great fan bases and even openly raising questions about their own league format and the value of their official championship.

Ghosting, MPNumber9, kaburu and 2 others repped this.
  24. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wondering if Shitvas peaked this season and will go downhill from now on. Hype and luck can't last forever. They weren't and are not that good. Prostitute MLS writers have been trying to sell them high all year long, but they choked in playoffs leaking 3 goals against team as shitty as ours and losing badly to even shittier team.
    Anyway this season finally exposed so-called "LAFC" MLS fraud, they are not new club, they are Chivas USA thru and thru, starting with their name and ending with their cesspool of so-called fans.
    We shoulda start calling them LA Fake Club or LA Fraud Club - which of course they are.

kaburu repped this.
  25. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought we'd settled on something like "Last Attempt For Chivas", or "Losers Along the Figueroa Corridor"?

LAFC are probably the only club in existence that I'd enjoy seeing go... well out of existence.

As a Man United fan, as much I loathe Liverpool, Leeds and Citeh, I'd never want to see them fold. There is history and culture behind all of them and for all the intensity of the rivalries, those teams are a part of people's lives and have been for generations.

Even when Chivas USA in their prior incarnation went away, I felt bad for those that had stuck with them. I'd certainly never want to see the 'Quakes go away.

LAFC though? Aside from perhaps the Chivas USA holdover SGs (I love how they're so "not Chivas", aside from the one surviving aspect that can make them some money), this is a bunch of JCLs, hipsters, plastics and bandwagonists. All of whom had a team to support long before now but elected not to for reasons as trivial as not being downtown and not having a "true soccer atmosphere". Or some bollocks excuse about levels of "community outreach".

It would amuse me to see that bunch lose their new shiny toy. Though let's be honest: they probably wouldn't be that emotionally affected anyway.

73Bruin and ProudNatRN repped this.