The Rivalry Thread - Messi scores two away goals

Discussion in 'Barcelona NSR' started by os_mutante, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Discuss.

2. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    I'm dyslexic but you're a bunch of Cnuts- The Rivalry Thread

Yeah I know you're gonna change the title to make it seem like I'm insulting Madrid, but I couldn't wait for you boys to get your arses into gear and open this...:D

Your 'facts' are a forum thread with several different points of view?:rolleyes:

How about these facts.
    We are discussing the possible (and I use that word advisedly) racial abuse of one player by another.
    Rather than condemn it (as thankfully and not unexpectedly Monty has) you attempt to condone it by saying in effect 'some of your fans are racist too' so it is excusable, or at least that we should not condemn it..

The news flash is that there are racists amongst every population of people (ask Bobby Carlos about the Camp Nou if you really want to play that game:rolleyes:), and they should be condemned without exception... by madridistas, cules and whatever shit Boca fans call themselves.

The fact that your response to this was to attempt petty points scoring as a justification, before trying to accuse us of the same speaks volumes.
    I called you stupid before, it seems clear that in addition you are pathetic.

Oh yeah Normal Bigsoccer TOS apply and you all know the rules.

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Re: I'm dyslexic but you're a bunch of Cnuts- The Rivalry Thread

^^ Too long, didn't read. We're off to a poor start here.

4. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for starting it up, mac. For the title I figured instead of smack talk, crying, or conspiracy theories we'll just go with cold hard facts.

But by all means, please continue with the smack talk, crying, and conspiracy theories now. :D

5. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And in case you guys start getting too worked up:

If it starts getting out of hand this thread will be severely moderated or even temporarily closed.

6. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    No problem... I'm here to help.
    I don't think the title is as good as mine, but a 1-3 next week would make this the best title ever, so I'll reserve judgement.;)

As for the thread rules, for the benefit of my fellow madridistas, may I just draw everyone's attention to No 6...

Please, no more pictures of Alves, Busquets or Pedro lying in the grass, steaming.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
  8. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008

In the wake of the last Clasico MOANinho & his fans have done nothing but indulge in sad, childish, pettiness.

The two specific incidents highlighted by the thread link provided & which were the catalyst for the thread topic itself were glaringly grotesque acts, albeit performed by a minority, though serve to emphasize the absurdity of any moral high-ground grabbing & crucially shed light on the difference between proven actual events & knee-jerk hordes dining out on nothing but hopeful speculation.

I saw with my own eyes, heard with my own ears the gratuitous nature of what was allowed to happen at the Bernabeu on both occassions.

Of course, this in no way gives Busquets a free pass; if he allegedly said what is being speculated then this should be rightfully condemned. But that's all it is right now. To my knowledge I've yet to hear of any official complaint levelled at Busquets from Marcelo & will wait to see what happens.

If by condoning you mean I'm not jumping on the bandwagon then whatever. Maybe you're too quick to condemn calling for the man's head playing judge & jury with the holier than thou wanting the guy crucified because we think he said something.

Do I like the guy? Not really. However, the above is the difference.

Cheap point scoring? I think not. A reminder perhaps that people in glass houses would do well not to throw stones.

It's all a pantomime where the fans are pawns.

I expect little to come of it & even so if history is anything to go by (as was the case in the two incidents cited in the thread link), UEFA will likely turn a blind eye & wash their hands off such behaviour in Spain.

9. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  10. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench

Reread my original post to which you first responded...

Then tell me how that fits in with the part in bold.
    (Clue: It doesn't.)
    Then tell me why you feel the existence of other racists, means we should ignore what it appears Busquets said?
    And why your first reaction was to score points rather than discuss the issue?
    The fact that you see criticising a possible racial slur as first and foremost 'moral high-ground grabbing' is a revealing insight into your pathetic mindset.

Glad you finally got round to condemning him if he did say it, just a shame it took someone calling you out to do it.

11. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine

Wow, maca, you actually read his posts? I usually scroll quickly down as soon as I see his username. You must have plenty of free time on your hands. Must be a bank holiday weekend or something...

12. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench

I've not come across this snivelling little shit before have I?
    Clearly not missing much.
    Actually had to work this morning so missed the pomp and circumstance... how..

...unfortunate?:D

Off out now to drink too much wine and put the world to rights.;)

13. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008

And the first time I was aware of your esteemed work was in response to my posting of that thread link:

Originally Posted by Match-Debater [​IMG]
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showt...t=152754&pp=15

As you didn't expand upon or clarify what Busquets should "carry on" doing it implied you knew what he said and that it was racist.

All else you're griping on about is nit-picking semantics & the shoddy efforts of someone who doesn't get the point.

The ad hominem asides are also poor and reflect much about you too.

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY

Which will be played while this thread is on-going. That's why it fits.

(Also cute that you think you can overturn a 2-goal deficit against one of the greatest teams of all-time. ;))

15. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

One of the greatest teams of all time...that's why you need the ref's help, eh?

Aren't you a funny one, good joke.:rolleyes:

16. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  17. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Wonder if MOANinho, now supposedly very concerned by the values in which success is achieved, being disgusted with that 90 min Herrera-esque bunkering display of anti-football (incl. much diving, time-wasting etc.) with Inter handed back that CL medal he won in shame.

No doubt Busquets' milks it big time but so do most sides in La Liga, except for Jose's sides of course. Saints the lot of them.

Busquets will now need to seek advice from Di Maria .

18. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Busquets makes him look like a freaking saint.

19. Richarded

Richarded Member

May 16, 2006
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I don't get how you guys can be surprised that sometimes playing physically = cards. Pepe steps the fck through that ball... if alves follows through he gets his ankle broken. For that reason, I'm not surprised it was a red card. Yellow card would have been better. If that happened to someone on real madrid the exact arguments would be reversed.

That said, I think busquets is a b!tch for calling marcelo a monkey. I hope he either apologizes without any influence or gets traded. There are no excuses.

20. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It did happen to us..
    Busquets commited the same foul but worse on Xabi but wasn't carded.
    Was his leg broken? No. Your argument is invalid. Try again.

21. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    The dirtiest challenges in the game, with actual intent to hurt the opponent, including off-the ball stamps etc. came from the side defending for their lives. The mob that resembled a shit scared 24-carat pub team.

Can't quite recall the same level of indignation when Figo, Ronaldo (the real & best one) - the former especially in his days playing for the original Galacticos - would dive on average about six times a half.

********ing annoying it was.

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    As long as you're wearing your LPB-spazzo glasses, I guess.

Don't need the ref's help though. Sometimes they get it and sometimes they don't. Just like any other team. But do they need it? No. The league table doesn't lie. :cool:

23. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Mascherano's attack on Pepe earlier in the match was far worse, he got yellowed.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6pMn5Z87zY"]YouTube - no red card mascherano pepe.mkv-.mp4[/ame]

And your team committed more fouls than ours, iirc.

rep'd for not being a complete and utter moron.

24. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Pepe deserved to go but he should've been joined by Ramos & Marcelo for violent conduct & Di Maria for excessive simulation & referee harassment.

If he said that, yes.

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Far worse? Yes it was late, yes the contact was worse, but his studs weren't showing like Pepe's.