The Ricardo Vaz Te Thread - No. 4 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    God damn. I want to see the kid starting.

2. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse

Pauleta replacement? hang on let me get my cleats! i can tap in the odd rebound here and there :eek:

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah. I respect Pauleta for all he has done, and because he is a respected proffesional futebol player among his peers, but I really don't want him coming back to the Seleccao. Hes doesn't move without the ball well and squanders many chances when hes wearing the National Jersey.

4. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    I think it's clear that Ricardo Te is our most exciting prospect at striker.

I wish somebody could give us an update on Cicero in Russia. Is he even playing?

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He should have never went to Russia. Should have just stayed in Portugal.

6. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Ricardo started the game against Burnley yesterday in a pre-season friendly. Scored a 'cracker' when he took a cross on his chest and smashed it beyond the keeper. The first half saw Bolton play their strongest team, with a number of academy players playing in the second. Bolton lost the game 2-1. Ricardo came off after 62 mins.

Place your bets now that he will be top scorer come the end of the season!

7. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yannick Djalo has more potential, IMO.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    YES! Someone has to have a highlight clip of that.

Alot of Portuguese talent these days in the EPL. Cristiano Ronaldo, Pedro Mendes, Manuel Fernandes, Boa Morte, Chelsea team!

9. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wow, your doing homework. Djalo is really Good and Fast. He Just needs to play, but I won't see that happening if he keeps on being used as a sub.

Vazzie has alot of potential. I Just hope he Gets playing time or else Borghetti will Feed him some tacos on the bench.

10. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Borgetti will leave the club within the next couple of weeks. (In my opinion)

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    At the bottom of the Bolton Wanderers site there is a video interview of Vaz Te claiming his goal is to be internationally capped for Portugal.

Sadly you have to be a paying member to see it.

12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Damn. Is he speaking Portuguese or English. It looks like he has set a goal for himself, carry on Ricardo Vaz Te.

13. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    He is speaking English in the interview. Pretty cheap to buy access, and it also gives you all the goals that he has scored so far, although not sure if it shows the most recent against Burnely. My membership has just lapsed.

14. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    if you happen to renew your membership, would it be too much to ask for you to rip the clips and post them here?

15. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    Vazzy interview from the English press:

Vaz Te has shaken off a knee problem which plagued him last season, and does not see any new striker signing as a threat.

"My only target at the moment is to start the first game, and build it from there," he said. "I want to play many, many games. I played in quite a few last season, but I want to be in the team from the start this time.

"I can't really see myself playing as a striker because we have Kevin Davies. I don't know if we have kept Jared Borgetti, but we need another one.

"You know how we play - the long ball, and Kevin flicks it on and we have to get in behind. So I don't really feel myself under pressure. If we brought a winger in I might feel under pressure.

"And I also have all the time in the world. I have El Hadji Diouf and Stelios already putting me under pressure, but they have more pressure than me because they have a name. I am working hard to take them down, in a good way!"

He said: "Some players can start to get `big time' and say `I did it already, I have made it'. But I don't see that in myself, because I always want more, more, more from myself.

"I wasn't happy for most of last season, but at the end I was because after I scored my first goal, they started to come. I enjoyed that, but wish I could have scored my first one earlier.

"I finished with three Premiership goals last season, but this season I can't say `Oh, I finished with three goals', because that is the past. People will see today and tomorrow; yesterday has gone. When the season starts, I will show my best and make it a hard choice for the gaffer."

Vaz Te underlined his commitment to the cause by arriving back at training early.

Training

He said: "I spent one week in Lisbon and three weeks in Algarve, but I came back to Bolton a few days earlier than most of the others. We travelled to Switzerland for a training camp on July 3, and people were reporting back the day before we left. But I came back on June 28.

"And when I came back, it was sunny here as well, and I thought `Oh my God, England is changing!' I really can't wait for the season to start."

16. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thats priceless, this guy was actually surprised to see sun in England.

17. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Vazzie is a Good Guy. He reminds me of my Good Friend alfredo. He always has a smile on his Face no matter if this world is crazy.

18. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bolton play in a mini tournament in Spain starting tonight against Huelva at 10pm GMT. Then on Thursday they will either play Seville or Sporting Lisbon. Not sure what time the second game will kick off, but BWFC v Sporting would be great to see, and maybe there will be some coverage on the TV.

19. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I corrected your post;) :D

20. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005

Nice one my friend.

The team has just been announced. Ricardo starts.

21. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    Bolton lost 3-2, so Sporting will only play them if they lose to Sevilla (which they are at the moment).

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Did Ricardo Vaz Te see any action?

23. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    yah he started and was subbed out in the 70th minute

24. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bad game, good game, sub-par game? Whats the verdict. Did he have any impact on the outcome?

25. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    didn't see the game, but i don't believe he made too much of an impact on the game at all.