The Ricardo Vaz Te Thread - No. 4 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I wouldn't expect to see people here on about Bolton, this is a Portuguese forum afterall.

Desperately defending him? Hardly. Simply pointing out that time spent bickering about Vaz Te, for a performance he put in with an injury mind you, would be better spent thinking about a new goalkeeper and some new defenders, since the main problem for Bolton in the game was not the attack, but the complete lack of a defensive midfield, and a defense alltogether. I say you have 1 competent defensive mid in the game, and Martins' second goal doesn't even get to be a shot. I just think it's a bit too critical to be blasting a player because he was injured or because he slipped once two years ago. Seriously, he's not exactly the most muscled player in the EPL either, so I don't know what you expect of him, if he gets tackled hard enough he's bound to fall. Same with any player really, I don't see any point complaining.

2. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    lol mb prenn, didnt hear about the injury abnd must have read the score wrong :)

3. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Ricardo was carrying an injury prior to the Newcastle game, but was still chosen ahed of Diouf.

Vaz was flown out to American to have his knee looked at. The same injury that kept him out of the first games in the Under 21's this summer.

Dont forget this is the same player who was man of the match in the last 2 friendly games and who scored 2 goals in the first half agains Espanyol.

4. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    Yah he had a heck of a preseason, but the fans were real quick to jump on him after a lackluster performance against Newcastle. We'll see what happens this season...

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Honestly, I am losing hope for him....

6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Does that mean that we will not see thread #5 ??? :eek:

7. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

:D:D I fear we will be talking about his "potential" for years to come. lol. Should have shown more by now, I would think.

8. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    Perhaps, but sometimes you need a change of scenery to break out (no, a 3 wk loan or w/e that was interrupted with an international break does not count). Some playing time wouldn't hurt either.

We are also kind of spoiled with all the wonderkids these days, but its not unusual for players to really show their stuff when their early 20s come around like Henry (crosses fingers) or even later (see: Luca Toni for an extreme example).

9. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    I hope you are correct. He shows signs of huge promiss...........

10. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Any signs of a transfer to Braga or anywhere where he will be used yet?

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I was looking forward at the possibility of seeing him at Braga, but it doesn't look like thats going to happen now as well, since Braga have recently signed Linz....

12. CDSANTACLARA

CDSANTACLARA New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Fall River, MA
    Joelzinho I heard romour Boavista will take him onloan w/option to buy after a set price.

I will try to find the link for you guys

13. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Please do so, I want to laugh :p

14. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Ricardo will not play again until December/January...Injured.

15. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Guys here is some news for you. Ricardo travelled to Madrid with the squad for the game against Atletico tonight. The club have said nothing about his return to fitness, although he was on the bench against the Spaniards last Thursday.

Although the BBC and Sky are not naming him in the squad....watch this space.

When Wanderers win tonight...make sure you book your flights to Lisbon for either 6th or 12 March as they are likely to play Sporting in the next round.

Finally, Ricardo has played a behind closed doors game and a reserve game recently. He scored in both.

He is on the way back... Just remember he is returning from a terrible injury.

16. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Ricardo is on the bench

17. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005

Although Ricardo did not get on Bolton finished 0 - 0 with Atletico Madrid. Now Bolton play Sporting!

The Jose Alvalade stadium will be full of Bolton fans.

18. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    BWFC/Sporting, your allegiances will be tested - will it be Sporting or Bolton?! :)

19. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Time to pick a side buddy. :D

20. CDSANTACLARA

CDSANTACLARA New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Fall River, MA
    Viva Santa Clara Caralho

UEFA here we come lol jk

21. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    I would love to see a small club like Bolton progress to the final, but I've got to say that I'd like to see SPorting win 4-3 with Vaz scoring a hat-trick.

Just booked my flights this morning.

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What jersey you putting one? :p

23. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Green and white my friend!

24. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    SCP will get tested vs Bolton, but in the end I believe SCP should advance.

25. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Vazzie always does well against portuguese teams, look what happened last time.