The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    My advice to him is forget about top tier football and start with coaching education.

S1na repped this.
  2. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  3. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Devastating.. such a shame,

4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    While I feel bad for him on a human level I really don't understand why he is taking up a spot in the squad when its been obvious for a long time that he is an injury magnet and not even remotely reliable. His spot and time could have been given to the guy who will replace him next summer. If we had any sort of planning we would have brought in that person already and given them the playing time and chances THIS year. A lost season can and should be a little useful if the people in charge want it to be.

It sounds a little harsh but he is just holding up a spot with negative contributions to this club.

Deep Pal, Aimar 21, S1na and 3 others repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maybe we should loan him back to Frankfurt in the summer. He was settled there and could try to rebuild his career without pressure. Think we have identified Militao as a future starting CB.

6. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vallejo’s injury proness is not the only concern with him, I just don’t think he has the attributes to be a CB for a club like Real Madrid. As a fourth choice CB perhaps, but then he’s just not available enough of the time.

Deep Pal and Prit Javier repped this.
  7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't even know if they would take him back. He should be sold for whatever a club is willing to pay so that he has a chance to attempt to salvage his career but I think the writing is on the wall for him. And we should be seriously in the market for a CBn whether its just a backup level player or a top prospect keeping in mind Ramos' age.

8. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Would it be a good idea to go balls-deep on De Ligt?

9. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Yes, and De Jong.

10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I would but I also understand the financial part of it. If there is only 1 big transfer to be made I would do it in attack where we are desperate. If we know that Ramos and Rafa is the starting partnership for another 3-4 yrs then paying big for De Ligt isn't so wise.

S1na, Deep Pal, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    No thanks, they want like 70-80m. We can get a latin american player with an EU passport for less

12. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I disagree. Vallejo is a fantastic prospect and has the potential to be a Real Madrid starting CB. He just needs to work on his aerial duels (gets outmuscled too easily on crosses/set-pieces), but his passing ability, composure, anticipation, speed and leadership are top-notch. Which only makes it more unfortunate that he doesn't get the chance to develop because of his injuries.

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2017...rival-should-have-fans-dancing-in-their-shoes

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2018/10/18/17954928/jesus-vallejo-and-his-quest-against-injuries

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Prit Javier repped this.
  14. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Isco's agent also not hitting out, maybe he wants to leave.

15. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Didn't Butragueno say it's all Solari's decision?

Prit Javier repped this.
  16. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "I am just the coach" in the this context should be translated into "at Real Madrid the President decides the starting lineups and players that are to be exiled. My job requirements include texting the lineup and subs for approval." (Which would explain the wacky subs we see since they are predetermined, it must drive Flo mad when these guys wait until the 89th minute).

At least I interpret it as Solari implying that his hands are tied with regard to Isco.

Prit Javier repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then Perez is one hell of a coach with his CL record. If it's him chosing the lineup, he should have been on the bench from the beginning.

PigBenis, Deep Pal, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So Flo selects Lucas Vasquez to start all the games under Solari?[emoji23]

Deep Pal, Prit Javier and Eddie repped this.
  19. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Perez had an impact over lineup over the years. It's not like he choose the lineup, every time and every player as 4x4 would like to portrait it when people mention this, but in terms what players are untouchable.
    It was like that with Beckham, it is like that with Bale and benzema. His signing. And I'm sure it is like that with isco which is a Perez signing as well.

Deep Pal and Prit Javier repped this.
  20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    They asked Solari about selling Isco not about playing him.
    Zidane did not play James but the one who manufactured the deal to loan James to Bayern was Flo not Zidane.

21. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Now it's true.

22. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Both Vinicius and Brahim seem to get along really well with Casemiro. Case seems quite outgoing and welcoming of newcomers.

Deep Pal, Shay Z, Doni and 8 others repped this.
  23. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Lucas Vasquez is the one with the sex tape of Flo, Benz, an underage transgender Somalian prostitute and a duck (the duck isn't confirmed we just know its a bird and the swimming pool may have jello instead of water).

Yeah but the question appears to be a simple yes or no if Isco's sale would make him happy (if he would agree to the sale).

He avoids and deflects like he did just days ago when asked a similar question, only this time he alludes to the fact that maybe he doesn't have any say in whatever is going on with Isco.

Just imagine Zidane being asked about James and coming back with some b.s. about "I'm just the manager, I don't make the decisions around here and nobody asks my opinion."

And I think we all know Solari would be happy if he didn't have to answer questions about Isco anymore.

S1na repped this.
  24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yeah true and Flo had to approve.. The other day Solari responded you should ask Isco

25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yeah. I think he knows he is just a temp and will be gone as soon as another high profile manager becomes available so he is less concerned with trying to please the press or saying the right thing.