The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He didn't even want to come out. I was one of the first to all why he was playing and how he should be rested.

Players make it hard when they are so stubborn. Anyways, I think he'll be fine. I hope Zidane uses this scare to ignore the player's desire to play.

They need to rest. We can't play for 50 minutes and tail off to auto-pilot in Paris. If we do, were in big trouble.

They need to be fresh and ready to keep up their intensity for longer than they have shown of recent.

2. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Just shows the continuing faith Zidane has in Theo...

Shay Z repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

What's going on? All these injuries better be minor.

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    965919351651164160 is not a valid tweet id

5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't mind it considering I dont believe them to be severe and these guys need rest.

As long as they are back for PSG, that is what matters.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the young boys are about to get a serious run. Time for Asensio, Kovacic and Ceballos to shine

yoanaidarov repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    If he trusts him, he certainly hasn't shown it. But it's all up to Theo now. He has a guaranteed 4 game run where there is no one behind him. You play well, you'll get a crap load of time as the season winds down with not much to play for in the league.

Shay Z and libertao repped this.
  9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At this point i’m with ZZ on that one

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't see why or how people expect players who perform poorly to get regular minutes?

Zidane05, Digital and Akramzizou repped this.
  11. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This. Some players do deserve a chance to pick up form, like Asensio and Kovacic because he will really need them to step up at the tail end of the season, but for the most part non of the bench players made an argument to start over the preferred 11. I would even go as far as to say our worst performers for majority of this season (Benz, Ronaldo, Carva, Marcelo) played better than those behind them.

YOUNGSTARS87 and Digital repped this.
  12. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The idea has been put forward that if they play “with” the first team players they might somehow put in better performances than the lackluster performances that we saw when they all got chances in the Copa , I don’t know about that.

13. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Chelsea are gonna get spanked 5-0. Can’t afford to miss so many chances.

14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Wrong thread bruh.

Chinky24, Deep Pal and yoanaidarov repped this.
  15. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Who suggested that?

16. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it's far fetched to think players need some continuity to find their best form and if their minutes are sporadic their play will be too.

That's one of the things that made the team so unplayable last season, everyone was getting into games every week at the end, and almost all were in peak form.

Deep Pal repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Between the Spanish media and the forum newbies in our matchday threads.

Take your pick

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Yeah, Theo has done little to nothing all season. No wonder Marcelo is ********ed, he’s had to keep going because Theo isn’t doing his job.

19. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The guy has 489 minutes in the whole season,give him a break. 4 starts aren't enough to judge him. Not to mention that he's under pressure and everything.

20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I won't be surprised if Zidane is facing a selection headache at LB on the return leg in Paris.

Marcelo will be out long enough to lose match fitness and sharpness and it would be risky to expect him to complete 90-120 minutes coming off an injury. Meanwhile Theo might get into rhythm and find some form.

21. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    doubt it's headache. Nacho and only Nacho, just like in first leg when Carvajal was out/

22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Theo just turned 20. We need to show more patience with these kids. I wasn't sure Marcelo would be a long-term starter at LB until 2010-11. Even under Pellegrini, he had very poor positional sense which pissed me off. He stopped being a defensive liability after those 3 games against Barca. I believe Mou has a role in improving his positional sense.

Shay Z, Zidane05 and natenate101 repped this.
  23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree. These young players do have talent but they still need proper coaching to buildup and mold their game.

Saeta Rubia, Digital and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t think anyone here wants any young player to fail, but for me the reality is not about mins and continuity for our current young crop, the bench last year just had better more seasoned players, there is no harm in saying that,

they are one or two players this season who IMO are not ready yet, Theo has had one half decent season playing for Alaves, as has Llorente, Mayoral for me at this point is a non factor in our squad, he wasn’t playing before he came back so I did not expect him to actually make the grade when he returned, Achraf played for our second team in the “third” division of Spanish football , I expected the step up to be one to far for him at this time,

this is Madrid, when you get to play you have to perform, and perform at a very high level under huge amounts of pressure , the only surprise for me has been Vallejo who I think has acquitted himself quite well,( pity the injuries) the others that I mentioned are in too deep water right now , IMO you have to be an exceptional talent to come to Madrid as a youngster and just fit right in, perform well, and get decent mins,

the ones I mention are talented but they’re not that yet, hence our bench is weaker, I am firmly in the camp that prefers our starters this season ( except the whole of BBC of course) to forcing some of the names I have mentioned into the team just to give them minutes, Asensio, Kova, Vallejo yes, the others, not so much, I don’t see them improving the team or it’s play at this time

robnycus repped this.
  25. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Just managed to watch the youth side v Bayern.

Won 3-2 and into the QF

Decent game and Guti is managing them all pretty well since he started.

Doni and temesgen repped this.