The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just securing our future... and Benzema.

trts, Aimar 21, Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.
  2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol

3. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I read Asensio has a 700 million Euro release clause too.

4. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yeah it was awesome. Actually i had posted the link in the madridismo thread before you buddy. :ninja:
    Speaking of which, seems no one checks that thread even more. That thread was the reason i joined the forum 3 years ago. I just love it.

meringues repped this.
  5. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does anyone know if they have released the doc from the champs league final like with la decima y la undecima?

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not yet. They usually release during mid-season.

sneakking repped this.
  7. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You can't escape from your past, it's gonna be with you forever.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    100 ME from the profit of our football club has been used to cover the losses of RM basketball team since 2014. Last year BB team recorded loss of 22.3 ME. Budget for 2017-18 will be 35.3 ME with revenue scarce(12.5 ME).

https://www.palco23.com/clubes/el-real-madrid-se-deja-100-millones-en-la-canasta-desde-2014.html

No wonder Flo is not keen on Women's professional team. He said they will start an amateur team and train girls from grassroots rather than buy a spot in the Spanish top division and then bring in women stars from Germany, Brazil etc.

915115096128417792 is not a valid tweet id

915115821193502721 is not a valid tweet id

Shay Z and S1na repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    European basketball in a nutshell basically.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  10. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I honestly don't know how anyone can enjoy watching European basketball when there's the NBA. It's like refusing to watch Real Madrid and watching Castilla instead.

Anon. repped this.
  11. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    silly example. I live in Europe so i'm watching European basketball. Especially when there is teams frm my country in different competitions.

4x4s, S1na, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It's like saying why do people enjoy the MLS when there's European leagues and the UCL.

S1na, Digital and Halycon repped this.
  13. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Do people outside of America enjoy watching MLS?

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It doesn't matter, because the people in the U.S. follow it and watch it. Similar to European basketball.

RaMaaa repped this.
  15. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You don't even have to live in Europe IMO, when you are attached to a football club that you supported for so many years and you happen to like watching other sports too it's not unnatural to want to see how that club does in that sport especially when it's as excitingly competitive and diverse as European basketball.

It may not be an NBA but there is enough rivalry among the teams and quality Ramos moments provided by the likes of our Llull to keep me interested in watching the basketball team.

S1na, RaMaaa, Saeta Rubia and 1 other person repped this.
  16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Exactly. I am interested in everything Real Madrid does. If they had a rowing team i'd watch their events too. I've seen a few of our basketball games although I've never lived in Spain. Some of those games were amazing. Sergio Llull is the Sergio Ramos of RM Baloncesto. If you like basketball as a sport you could do a lot worse than watching EuroBasket. And with so many European players now coming over to the NBA its actually quite interesting to see the elite ones playing here before they come over. I've watched some RM games just to see Luka Doncic.

Aimar 21 repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea, I did watch couple of Euro league finals when we were in it. Also few ACB games when they used to show it live. I've been supporting Lakers since 2000 so basketball is my 2nd favorite spot. Hope they can make basketball team more self sustainable and reduce the losses. Probably will have to reduce the budget gradually. Can't use 25 ME on average to cover BB expenses when there's more competition in football transfer market.

Shay Z and Aimar 21 repped this.
  18. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wait, what is the MLS?

19. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Magic Laser System

it's a fancy light show for hipsters

20. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So you're saying that this...

[​IMG]

is better than this?

[​IMG]

????? lol

You know, speaking of the MLS; I've met a lot of tards who LOOOOOVVEEEE American club soccer. Don't get me wrong, I love America and I'm proud to be an American (I even tried out for FC Dallas U-13/14 a long time ago - I did not get very far), but JESUS the amount of biased love that they have for everyone (from Landon Donovan to Freddy Adu to Michael Bradley and Tim Howard) is like on a different level of fan-boyism. The bullshit I hear when former players comment or "ESPN expert analyze" a match is unbearable. Just wait until we play the MLS All Stars again. That will be a lot of fun, not.

@Nathanial Essex good to meet you and a delayed welcome to our RM BS family. In my experience, I have not met one European who likes the MLS. A couple of Spanish/South American guys I played club soccer with really liked playing as LA Galaxy on FIFA when they had Beckham, but I think that was it. Some of my friends today have been clamoring for a Chinese Super League inclusion into FIFA, now that I think about it.

Deep Pal, Bear Crotch and sneakking repped this.
  21. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I believe I read earlier this year that our (much maligned) medical staff was let go, but now we are getting the same amount of injuries (I'd almost say more) as we did with our previous doctors. Carvajal now out for 2 months.

So maybe they weren't the problem? What gives.

Digital repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've been to as many Madrid basketball matches as Real Madrid football matches. When i can go see them play live, i always do. The level of basketball is worse, but it's a matter of liking the sport in general and being a fan of the club overall instead of just the football team.

fierro repped this.
  23. Adder

Adder Red Card

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's only one obvious gang of culprits left, is there not?

Zidane and his fitness crew.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i think it's Florentino Perez' fault. You can't go wrong with that.

Deep Pal, natenate101 and fierro repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    YOUNGSTARS87, Shay Z, Vector-SS and 4 others repped this.